What were you doing in 1990?

i was 6 years old getting my ninja turtle mode on

in 1990, every kid liked the ninja turtles (and if you didn't, there was something wrong with you)

I was bumpin kriss kross, rockin cross colours, had a lil gold herringbone, some Nike air Cortez's with the dickie shorts, Chicago bulls starter jacket,skytel pager...

Had the ducktail poppin' with the hi-low, had a little .22 I kept in a sock in case crackheads broke in and tried to steal my nintendo...

Oh, and +!*@ Ronald Reagan. Remember hearing my uncles say that all the time...

My favorite car was a candy red 5.0 mustang with the triple gold daytons, and my favorite show was video soul...

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

I just got this friend request on facebook from this lil kid I used to hoop w/ when I would come home on college breaks. After looking on his page I noticed he was born in 1990.
I felt old as hell because I can clearly remember 1990 like it was yesterday.

I was in the 6th gradeand my parents just moved to the suburbs. I had the Jordan 6's and I thought I was fresh w/ my girbauds and pepe jeans. Jose Canseco, Rickey Henderson and Mark McGwire were my favorite baseball players. Boomer Esiason was my favorite QB and the Bengals were beginning their decline. Blazers were my team w/ Porter, Drexler, Kersey, Buck Williams and Duckworth (RIP) and had a nice rivalry w/ the Lakers.

Even though I was a Blazers fan, I had a crew called the Bulls Brothers and we used to play kids from different crews in 3 on 3. One of my fellow Bulls brothers went on to win a Heisman trophy.

My favorite CD was LL's "Mama said knock you out" and I played Tecmo Bowl at least 4 hours a day.

So NT what were you doing in 1990? I bet half of ya'll were still in canvas strollers crying for milk.

I still have that joint
pimp.gif

Hmmm... 2nd grade... Mrs. Gravel's class..then 3rd grade Mrs. Alyea's class.. Juan was my best friend. Had a crush on this chick named Wendy J whowas in 4th grade. Also liked her friend Karen. Wanted some Reebok Pump's but I got the Wal-Mart knock offs "Pro Wings" instead
laugh.gif
Wedidn't have cable..straight rabbit ears steez. Had a little red bike that I used to ride to school with...used to be into BMX'ing...

I thought these two dudes were the coolest people in the world and had both of the CASSETTES:

M.C.%20Hammer.jpg

coverkw7.jpg

I was 4, playin with hot wheels. this one chick in my class keeps hitting me up. She was born in 1990. thats just weird. Only 4 year difference, but its odd.

i was in kindergarten
i thought i was a ninja turtle
ate a happy meal every day
and i rode my bike all day every day

I was in Kindergarten. I had the TMNT velcro joints and I used to play NES all day, that about it.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Hmmm... 2nd grade... Mrs. Gravel's class..then 3rd grade Mrs. Alyea's class.. Juan was my best friend. Had a crush on this chick named Wendy J who was in 4th grade. Also liked her friend Karen. Wanted some Reebok Pump's but I got the Wal-Mart knock offs "Pro Wings" instead
laugh.gif
We didn't have cable..straight rabbit ears steez. Had a little red bike that I used to ride to school with...used to be into BMX'ing...

I thought these two dudes were the coolest people in the world and had both of the CASSETTES:

M.C.%20Hammer.jpg

coverkw7.jpg

roll.gif

great memory!
i wanted the hammer pants but my mom wouldnt let me get them. i remember having a dubbed vanilla ice tape in my walkman.

i forgot i had the pumps too! I remember i used to stunt on kids pumping my kicks like dee brown.

Back
Top Bottom