What were your first pair of Air Jordans????

Black Red Cement IV's in 1989. Bought them with my Birthday Money.   PLEASE JB I am begging you  Please bring back the Black Red Cement IV's with NIKE AIR. I will get 5 pair at the very least.

I got my first two pairs at about the same time in junior high:

Air Jordan 12 Taxi Low-2004

Air Jordan 19 Black/Chrome-2004

Not the best looking pairs but they certainly got me hooked from a young age.

Next several pairs were non retros and then to kick things back off I got the 13 White/Reds in 2010. That was great as I just walked into my local finishline when it opened and grabbed my size, no one else there. Sorry to ramble on but I like hearing other stories like this

Jordan Pro Strong - White/Blue/Red

Hard to even find a picture of these online, at least in the colorway that I had.

Replied to millions of these post during my time in this forum, never get tired of it.

Summer 1998, navy 13 low. Age 13 heading into high school, after 2 years my parents finally heard my cries to get a pair of Jordans.

Went into 9th grade thinking I was so dope in my Jordan gear. CD player on deck, baggy *** jeans. Same 2 or 3 rotations.

I hated those days, things are better now. :lol: Except quality.
Lol yeah those days. Cd player in one pocket, sack of batteries in the other :lol:

Blk/Red Jordan Trunners to match my Jordan suit my guardian copped for me my 10th grade high school year. Didn't realize at the time the money I paid for the Trunners, I could've used to bought a numbered pair lol. But I ran those bad boys into the ground, even started running track with them since they were slip on lol

Some of you were fortunate lol.. I couldn't afford the signature lines so my first pair was the Jordan Jumpan Pro EJ in 97. My second was the Team Jordan 1 in the White/Navy/Maize colorway.

My first pair of Js were the OG Concord XIs when I was eleven years old. 1996

Last edited:
To be honest, I can't remember. It was either an original Jordan 13 or a retro Jordan 10. I remember going into Kids Flocker and they had the 13s and thought they were cool because of the hologram "eye".

what was the demand like at the time???

i was too young but from what I've seen, jordans were EXTREMELY popular during those times.
I remember J's were a big deal but I wasn't really into sneakers much. The major releases seem to be a bigger deal now than they were then, as I recall, but again I wasn't paying super close attention. I'm pretty sure I got those 3's in Spring of 89 so they had either been sitting awhile or were a return. I thought the EP was the coolest thing ever...

Last edited:
My first pair of fakes....air Jordan 20 stealth and air Jordan 11 bred! When I was in middle school.

My first pair of authentic j's air Jordan 5 Black Metallic 2016

Last edited:
first pair of J's I bought myself were the Olive 9s, got them on the low at the nike outlet

1998 indiglo 14's. But the first jordan i can remember picking out was the black/blue 18's

Back
Top Bottom