What were your first pair of Air Jordans????

My first pair would have been the OG Aqua 8's but my parents weren't trying to drop $100 for sneakers back then so my pops ran game on me and convinced me to pick up a pair of Michael Jackson LA Gears talking bout "They have MJ on side too". I think I was in 6th grade at the time but I knew I was being played...lol. Needless to say, after all these years I got the 2015 Aqua's sitting in my closet right now...lol. 

But my first pair of Jays were:

Olive 9's (got them from my Uncle when I was 14, they were his old balling shoes)

Jordan 11 I.E.'s  White/Colbolt ( present from my mom on my 16th birthday )

Oxidize Green 14's  (my first year of college and first pair that I purchased with my own money)

2010 Black/ Varsity Red VI

Got into the sneaker game late my freshman or sophmore year of Highschool.

My brother convinced me to use my Christmas money to come along with him to Finishline and cop a pair with him.

This was before the demand/hype for Jordans blew up. Plus, I didn't care/know much about the kick game so I didn't really know how to treat them. I used to walk through wet muddy grass to my friends house, I threw the box out, the paint is beyond cracked and the soles are dehydrated urine yellow/brown :tongue:

The shoe was the reason I think I like the 6 so much. If these retro'd... I'd be IN..... feel so bad I beat these to oblivion. :smh:

My first pair was the OG playoff 13's. I was in the 4th grade... Damnnn time goes by so fast. I feel old lol. Funny thing is that my mom was the one who liked the shoe, I honestly never knew the hype over Jordans until people started to get robbed here in NYC.

Last edited:
My First Jordans are literally the ones I got two weeks ago - the Cyer Monday 3s. I grew up watching MJ and always loved sneakers (window shopped Foot Locker a lot) but never really had any expensive sneakers growing up (though I've had nice shoes, just never J's).

I can afford nice things now as an adult, but I'm pretty frugal, and even when I do buy nice things I think and debate with myself forever. Actually I came across the cyber Monday's a bit by accident when I went to a store and the guy told me for women they have the CM 3s in youth size for C$115 and to my annoyance I couldn't fit in Y7's... And sort of ended up obsessed with getting the men's 7.5 on sale when I traveled to US for work.

My first pair? Real simple, was a pair of Black/Red Jordan IV's bought back in 1989 (7th grade, I'm now 40) from a small mom & pop shop in Lansdale, called Dimmers (Philly heads know the place, they got EVERYTHING and they were discounted). Went in to buy Hit Lava ATC II's for $79.99 but my mom asked if I wanted the Jordans as they were only $10 more. Got the IV's but never got the ATC's until the 1st retro in 08. Deal was I had to keep they nice, not wreck them, and take care for them. And that I did. Colored in the black midsole with sharpie when they wore, never used in the rain. LOVED that pair. Was the pair that started my love of sneakers!!!

Last edited:
OG Indiglo 14's. Mom's wasn't buying no $150 shoes so i worked all spring saving up just to buy a pair when they dropped

In 1997 a month after the Bulls won their 5th my uncle bought me the flu games for my 9th birthday...

I wore them to a circus in Phoenix AZ and there was a dude in line a couple people ahead of me who I remember complimenting cause he had the space jams on.... He looked down at my shoes and told me he didn't know why i liked his, cause i had the new ones... Ever since then I've paid attention to shoes...

Last edited:
nobody had a pair of 5s 4s, or 3s before?

Nope. Shoe culture didnt really blow up until the 6 hit, at least where I grew up. That 6 tho, it was a damn big deal.

It was a cool period in time. I remember the rule was you shouldn't even own Jordans unless you could back it up on the court.

Last edited:
Nope. Shoe culture didnt really blow up until the 6 hit, at least where I grew up. That 6 tho, it was a damn big deal.

It was a cool period in time. I remember the rule was you shouldn't even own Jordans unless you could back it up on the court.
White 6's. First kid in school to get Jordans.

1992?
nobody had a pair of 5s 4s, or 3s before? OK. I gotta ask. Where did you go to school?

nobody had a pair of 5s 4s, or 3s before? OK. I gotta ask. Where did you go to school?

a poor school. Jordans were the first $100+ shoe. Few were gonna spend that kind of money on a shoe for a 10 year old.

First pair was pretty recent actually, never really cared much for jordans but a friend bought a pair of all white mid 1's and i was just kinda hooked so i bought the Jordan 1.5 soar blues. This was before i actually did any research, hell i didn't even really notice the difference in the soles or leather (HA leather on 1.5s....) quality. Never spent over $50 dollars on shoes ever except for maybe some dress shoes, but in the past year i've probably spend $2k.

I grew up in Asia, where there was no shoe culture. My first were black infrared 6s 2014 off of eBay, used lol. Came with scuffs and yellow soles, which I restored.

I grew up in Asia, where there was no shoe culture. My first were black infrared 6s 2014 off of eBay, used lol. Came with scuffs and yellow soles, which I restored.
Depends on where in Asia.
The Sneaker Culture in Japan and Hong Kong has been a very big deal since the early 1990s. In HK before the Internet was big already had many small sneaker Stores selling DS og air jordans.
The Sneaker Culture in east asia such in japan, korea, taiwan and hong kong is bigger than in europe and is on par with the US. See you People paying hundreds to Thousands for old OGs or very Limited Kicks. Hype is crazy.

Depends on where in Asia.
The Sneaker Culture in Japan and Hong Kong has been a very big deal since the early 1990s. In HK before the Internet was big already had many small sneaker Stores selling DS og air jordans.
The Sneaker Culture in east asia such in japan, korea, taiwan and hong kong is bigger than in europe and is on par with the US. See you People paying hundreds to Thousands for old OGs or very Limited Kicks. Hype is crazy.

Singapore.

2001 Jumpan Pro Shake - still remember how excited I was 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom