What Would NIKE AIR do to future releases?

What I mean is, what do you guys imagine would happen to the value of retro releases that feature Jordan Air logos if future retro releases switched back to Nike Air logos?

it wouldnt even matter if the quality sucks if it was good quality it would be crazy.but also its never going to happen
smile.gif

The value would definitely go up. You know how people are with the "Nike Air".

Brand Jordan doesn't depend on quality, they rely on hype. - hype move units, not quality. For Jordan that is.

Originally Posted by Mercenary X

The value would definitely go up. You know how people are with the "Nike Air".

Brand Jordan doesn't depend on quality, they rely on hype. - hype move units, not quality. For Jordan that is.

What it will do for future releases is increase the price on the shoe cause it's what "EVERYONE'S BEEN WAITING FOR"

I think it would make collectors go harder after future releases, but I don't think it would hurt the value of the older releases, because JB would include some kind of subtle, or not so subtle, change to make the new releases different from the old ones.  
ATTENTION CARMELO ANTHONY FANS!!!

I have an authentic NBA basketball autographed by Melo with Upper Deck Authentication and a authentic Jordan M3 all star/olympic version autographed by Melo with Timeless Sports authentication up for sale and/or trade for DS size 13 Jordans.  E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to see pics and learn more!  

DS SIZE 13 SPACE JAMS, CARMINES, FIRE RED III'S AND ALL STAR XX3'S FOR SALE AND/OR TRADE AS WELL...GET AT ME!

I don't even care about NIKE AIR anymore, But it would drive the prices down on the "jumpman" retros because everybody and there mother are going to want "NIKE AIR" retros.             

If it ever does come back im all for it. The Retro's with Jumpmans will probably drop in value but I don't care about that cause every shoe I want I buy it new. Not 10 yr old shoes that havent been worn cause you headin for trouble after a few wears.

retros with nike air on them are inevitable. inevitable.

we'll get them when nike is desperate enough to finally make that move. they know they have that as an ace in the hole.

the first few releases would sell like crazy.  then people would either realize that the quality still sucked and stop copping, or nike would try to milk it for every dollar they could get by flooding the market.  once the market was flooded the value would go down.  either way they would find a way to screw it up.  the only future in putting nike air on the shoes is to make it a limited release with high quality materials and keep the consumer thirsty.  looking at the current trend in releases though, i could see them dropping low quality shoe after shoe and getting all of the dollars they can get, while we see post after post in the buy/sell forum for little above retail or lower.

Nike Air retro would be selling like ebay prices. $500 for cement 4s w/nike air logo. Kinda insane.

It would create much hype and buzz...if JB is planning on doing it, they will put it on a shoe that nobody wants anyways just to move units...you and I already know this anyways.

But for re-sale purposes?  Unless its an exclusive shoe, the Nike Air won't mean jack if the quality of the shoe isn't up to par.

Originally Posted by Mister Saint Laurent

retros with nike air on them are inevitable. inevitable.

we'll get them when nike is desperate enough to finally make that move. they know they have that as an ace in the hole.

agreed. Let's go with that whole, "Gentry doesn't put NA on the retroes so the OGs are more prestigious crap". If that statement is somewhat true, the OGs (II-VI) are getting harder to find, in prestine condition. Now, if not 5 to 10 years, those DS OGs would be placed in plastic seran wrap in order to keep it from the midsole to crumble.

I believe Nike wants to put it on there, but JB keeps vetoing it because of MJ, Tinker, and perhaps Gentry. It's been said way back in the late 80s that Tinker and MJ always wanted the Air Jordan to have very little to no appearance of Nike Air, Nike or the swoosh on the shoe. JB is the flagship of Nike so whatever they say, goes. When a new group of management takes over the Brand, NA will come back. When......only time will tell......

Yeah, I can't see MJ or Tinker doing something that would hint -anything- resembling dependence on their parent brand, even if it might be more profitable.

well i know the price for any shoes with na on it will be high

but it would be nice if they came out with a limited pair of shoes with nike air on it every now and again

i dont see it happening anytime soon but it would be nice.....................................................................peace

^I agree
ATTENTION CARMELO ANTHONY FANS!!!

I have an authentic NBA basketball autographed by Melo with Upper Deck Authentication and a authentic Jordan M3 all star/olympic version autographed by Melo with Timeless Sports authentication up for sale and/or trade for DS size 13 Jordans.  E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to see pics and learn more!  

DS SIZE 13 SPACE JAMS, CARMINES, FIRE RED III'S AND ALL STAR XX3'S FOR SALE AND/OR TRADE AS WELL...GET AT ME!

SMH to all those that say this is never gonna happen.

I am not speaking out of my %$! and trust me....... *TRUST ME*

THIS IS DEFINITELY GONNA HAPPEN ONE DAY!!!!

It will happen! They will re-sell us everything ie. carmine 6 and the other shoes we have already purchased with Nike Air on the back.

Back
Top Bottom