What ya drinking these days diet,zero or regular soda?

Originally Posted by JD214

Dr.Pepper
pimp.gif

Can't @%*% with diet drinks.

Word
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have a @+!% load of Dr. Pepper on my terrace and I've been drinking that @+!% regularly for the past 3 months or so. Not so much as of late though

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

jarritos-lineup.jpg
pimp.gif
RMH5d.gif

Yes lawd!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I only drink water, apple/orange/pineapple juice and coconut water . Recently stopped drinking apple juice because of the arsenic being reported in it though.

vitamin water + powerade + coke

I stocked up heavy for finals so now I'm urinating straight Vitamin Water energy. i've had enough coke products, that's for sure. bout to get some water for a change.
30t6p3b.gif

Don't drink any diet soda or any variation of a diet soda because they have aspartamein them. Due the knowledge on it, it will help in the long run

In 1981, the synthetic compound aspartame was approved for use, and it capitalized on saccharin's bad publicity by becoming the leading additive in diet colas. In 1995 and 1996, misinformation about aspartame that linked the chemical to everything from multiple sclerosis to Gulf War syndrome was widely disseminated on the Internet. While aspartame does adversely effect some people — including those who are unable to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine — it has been tested more than 200 times, and each test has confirmed that your Diet Coke is safe to drink. Nor have any health risks been detected in more than 100 clinical tests of sucralose, a chemically altered sugar molecule found in food, drinks, chewing gum and Splenda.

The fear-mongering and misinformation plaguing the faux-sweetener market seems to be rooted in a common misconception. No evidence indicates that sweeteners cause obesity; people with weight problems simply tend to eat more of it. While recent studies have suggested a possible link between artificial sweeteners and obesity, a direct link between additives and weight gain has yet to be found. 

The general consensus in the scientific community is that saccharin, aspartame and sucralose are harmless when consumed in moderation. And while cyclamate is still banned in the U.S., many other countries still allow it; it can even be found in the Canadian version of Sweet'n Low. Low-calorie additives won't make you thinner or curb your appetite. But they help unsweetened food taste better without harming you. And that's sweet enough.

Full Article: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1931116,00.html#ixzz1fjyJ50E9
Y'all kill me sometimes 
laugh.gif

Stopped drinking soda about 2 months ago. Trying not to cave in 
laugh.gif

Only been drinking water and I only switch it up for breakfast when I have OJ.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

In 1981, the synthetic compound aspartame was approved for use, and it capitalized on saccharin's bad publicity by becoming the leading additive in diet colas. In 1995 and 1996, misinformation about aspartame that linked the chemical to everything from multiple sclerosis to Gulf War syndrome was widely disseminated on the Internet. While aspartame does adversely effect some people — including those who are unable to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine — it has been tested more than 200 times, and each test has confirmed that your Diet Coke is safe to drink. Nor have any health risks been detected in more than 100 clinical tests of sucralose, a chemically altered sugar molecule found in food, drinks, chewing gum and Splenda.

The fear-mongering and misinformation plaguing the faux-sweetener market seems to be rooted in a common misconception. No evidence indicates that sweeteners cause obesity; people with weight problems simply tend to eat more of it. While recent studies have suggested a possible link between artificial sweeteners and obesity, a direct link between additives and weight gain has yet to be found. 

The general consensus in the scientific community is that saccharin, aspartame and sucralose are harmless when consumed in moderation. And while cyclamate is still banned in the U.S., many other countries still allow it; it can even be found in the Canadian version of Sweet'n Low. Low-calorie additives won't make you thinner or curb your appetite. But they help unsweetened food taste better without harming you. And that's sweet enough.

Full Article: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1931116,00.html#ixzz1fjyJ50E9
Y'all kill me sometimes 
laugh.gif

grin.gif
 Excuse my skepticism, but im sure that time magazine is unbiased and is a reliable independent news source without any kind of agenda

I have a taste for cola zero/max lately. But, usually any diet cola works for me.

Only time I drink soda these days is when i'm mixing it with alcohol.

Stuff tears your insides up
30t6p3b.gif

Water and real fruit juice here. Staying away from concentrate if I can. I also drink a lot of tea and I could stand to ease up on the coffee though. 

Back
Top Bottom