What's a decent paying job for a college student?

I worked as a lab attendant in a computer lab in the basement of the library. never really saw anyone and made about $100 a week. I also worked at at&t selling cell phones PT - the commission and hourly was amazing combo - lots of fun

Originally Posted by bjamez20

1. go to the dr
2. pretend to have ADD
3. get rx for aderall
5. $$$

So many people have done that at my Dr that when I mentioned it he blew me off.
I really think I have ADD too because I took a small dosage of it last semester and it did absolutely nothing for me, still couldn't concentrate

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Originally Posted by kickstart

Tutoring: $10 - 60 an hour, easily.
Best idea (assuming you have a knack for teaching and are relatively smart)

This was back in 2000-2001 and I'm sure the going rate/wage has increased since then, but I was working part time at The Princeton Review teaching SAT Prep for $20/hr.  Since they give us cases of the books and other materials (for use in the class) I was also setting up kids on the side for private tutoring using the same workbooks and materials and charging $40/hr.  After these kids were done taking the SAT's, I would offer my services as a tutor for their school work for $40/hr.  Easiest racket ever, the only difficult part was finding a full stable of customers.  At $20-40/hr even with limited hours worked it was enough to cover my bud/booze fund every week.  Hell, even after I graduated it took me almost a year to get off my butt and find a real career job because this gig was so easy.

Back
Top Bottom