What's "BIN" as in the BIN23 collection stand for anyways?

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

in the first thread for the BIN IIs there was a interview with gentry (i think it was him) and he said there were a lot of idea's that they didnt go through with before so they had a "BIN" of these ideas that they are now going to release
^^^ftw

Originally Posted by dannykcha

I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer.  Anyone know?  How about the "QF" for the Retro II's?  Is it really "Quarter-Finals", like someone said?
Thanks guys.
This is kinda an old thread, but can't see a straight answer here.
Anyone who knows what the "BIN" in BIN21 stand for?

Buy it now, doesnt seem right...

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

It stands for "our customers are suckers."

roll.gif
  So True!

It's been answered multiple times now bro. It's a reference to wine. I don't remember all of the details but it's been posted quite a few times now I think.

Nice gravedig by the way bro
laugh.gif

break idiot's necks
buy illogical numbers
by inbred numbskulls
best in nepal
basketball is nice

hahaha this game is fun
happy.gif

The "BIN" name drew its inspiration from wine aging process and how they were stored. The bin identified the batch of wine and it was numbered and labeled with a wax stamp. I rememver reading this on,anothet site I dont remember where though.

^^^^correct^^^ also read that or very similar article.. Jordan has been know to drink lots of wine

Originally Posted by VAHustler

I think it means colorways that were stored away (or scrapped) and are now releasing. I don't think it's an abbreviation for anything.

Yea a longggg time ago before the 2's dropped som Jordan rep was on tv and said they got the name from basically just going back to old designs that didnt make it, or figuratively speaking, scrapped - thrown in a trash BIN. No fancy acronym here. 
EDIT: I was beat to it... oh well, didnt read first time around

Originally Posted by eltouha

break idiot's necks
buy illogical numbers
by inbred numbskulls
best in nepal
basketball is nice

hahaha this game is fun
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SwoleHouse

The "BIN" name drew its inspiration from wine aging process and how they were stored. The bin identified the batch of wine and it was numbered and labeled with a wax stamp. I rememver reading this on,anothet site I dont remember where though.

I guess that everyone's having too much fun making up meanings to actually acknowledge that the real answer's been posted 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom