Whats deal with NYC subway?

The subway riders do not make eye contact with anyone. Everyone has the 1000 yard stare, and or the ipod plugged into their ears. What is the reason for thistype of bevaior. Its like a multicultural slave ship.

And whats the deal with the homeless people and their pity pitches "i dont normaly do this but.. im not a hoker... i dont do drugs.... etc etc?" cats what me to feel guilty about what i have and and want me to give them unearned pity. out of here.

To be continued, wu tang wu tang

seinfeld.jpg

pimp.gif
@ the immortal technique line

but who cares ? you want random dudes making eye contact and talking to you? kinda suspect.
indifferent.gif
Just ignore the bums like everyone else and keep it moving.

First time in NYC huh? Honestly, I have been in subways/"El-trains" all over America/South America/Europe and it is that way everywhere. I'm notreally sure what you expected, but when I jump on the train and some dude is trying to make eye contact/strike up a conversation I get mad annoyed. I'mjust trying to get home and either watch a movie on my phone, listen to music, or read my book to pass the time, and the last thing I need is some wierdotrying to make small talk about nothing.

Did you think you'd walk on and everyone would welcome you like it was Cheers or something? It is like an elevator, or when you are driving and some dudeis staring at you from the car over. No one wants that stuff, just respect my personal space and privacy and we are good.

Now, I do have boys that pick up women on the train/bus like NO other though. It is a difficult gambit, but if you are ok looking and have some game it isreally easy street. When I lived in the Chi I had a roomate who would pull chicks literally every time we stepped on the bus, he earned infinite props from me.But talking to some dude? No thanks.

And whats the deal with the homeless people and their pity pitches "i dont normaly do this but.. im not a hoker... i dont do drugs.... etc etc?" cats what me to feel guilty about what i have and and want me to give them unearned pity. out of here.
laugh.gif
thats in every city

Because NYers know how to mind their business
Its in our blood
If some country boy comes on the subway talkin all that jibber jabber while we're trying to listen to some music on our ipods, of course were going to lookat him strange

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Now, I do have boys that pick up women on the train/bus like NO other though. It is a difficult gambit, but if you are ok looking and have some game it is really easy street. When I lived in the Chi I had a roomate who would pull chicks literally every time we stepped on the bus, he earned infinite props from me. But talking to some dude? No thanks.
i hollered and shorty got up and walked to the other side of the train.

Originally Posted by sifupooh

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Now, I do have boys that pick up women on the train/bus like NO other though. It is a difficult gambit, but if you are ok looking and have some game it is really easy street. When I lived in the Chi I had a roomate who would pull chicks literally every time we stepped on the bus, he earned infinite props from me. But talking to some dude? No thanks.
i hollered and shorty got up and walked to the other side of the train.

I rest my case...
roll.gif

Thats the code of the street here in NY, no eye contact... a stare of more than 2 seconds is beef son!

in chicago the new thing is for ex cons to get on the train and ask for assistance in jobs and housing..now thats a good one
laugh.gif
. at first it used to annoy mebut ive been riding the trains since 6th grade and u just get used to it i guess.

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Because NYers know how to mind their business
Its in our blood
If some country boy comes on the subway talkin all that jibber jabber while we're trying to listen to some music on our ipods, of course were going to look at him strange
exactly...

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Thats the code of the street here in NY, no eye contact... a stare of more than 2 seconds is beef son!
Basically. Someone will either curse you out or if you stare at the wrong person you might get into a fight. Mind your own god damned business.Your pass has been revoked.

Back
Top Bottom