What's gonna happen 8 generations from now regarding racism?

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by GTEK

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]As far as "America" goes..I don't think it will be here 8 generations from now..[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but as concerning the future of the U.S...racism will always be prevalent.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The presence of discrimination is what this country was built upon.[/color]

As Dr.D i c k Gregory once said....
"Six levels under the white American is still a N hating slave owner and
six levels under the African "American" is still a N willing to pick cotton"

This quote rings true because this history can never be erased, nor has it ever been corrected.
Its like putting on new clothes but never taking a bath.
This so called empire was built upon abuse, lack of respect, and selfishness.
All of which remains today.
But in order for this to be corrected it shall be positively reversed in which the same order it was negatively forwarded.
Right now for the most part its just sitting in neutral.

So just because of Americas past mistakes, there is no chance of a day where there will be no racism?

I can do that too. Please restate what you giganticized in English. You seem to enjoy speaking in vague terms.
How you concluded "I don't think so in 8 generations" to = "no chance ever" I will never know.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]As far as "America" goes..I don't think it will be here 8 generations from now..[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]but as concerning the future of the U.S...racism will always be prevalent.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The presence of discrimination is what this country was built upon.[/color]

So just because of Americas past mistakes, there is no chance of a day where there will be no racism?

I can do that too. Please restate what you giganticized in English. You seem to enjoy speaking in vague terms.
How you concluded "I don't think so in 8 generations" to = "no chance ever" I will never know.

He basically said that he didn't think America would be here in 8 generations. Then, he went on to say

Unless he's referring to the US and America being two seperate entities then I don't understand the confusion.

And then clearly stated his opinion below that. Unless you only just wanted to read which part you wanted to read. Which is cool too. Just saying.

He contradicts himself a bit, don't you think? He goes from saying it will always be prevalent to it being correctable? (I think, again, I'm waiting for a clarification on that last bit.)

Purebreeds are gonna be going 85 cents on the dollar
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Same @*#+, another day.

... Same ##%%, different toilet. 
laugh.gif

One thing that has not changed in history of man is Rich vs Poor. Get used to it.. All this talk about equality and no racism and same this same that..is bull. Whoever told you life will be fair, lied to you.

We all come from different backgrounds. Our ancestors fought wars to pass down these genes. Help yourself and your family, put in that hard work so your kids can prosper and live well.         

Hecontradicts himself a bit, don't you think? He goes from saying it willalways be prevalent to it being correctable? (I think, again, I'mwaiting for a clarification on that last bit.)

Where did I state that "there is no chance of a day where there will be no racism?"

But as for what your arguing I should add that as along as America stands as a capitalist/conversationalist nation
then yes racism will have a place hold.
How could you not perceive the notion of a US cleansing after finishing the paragraph?

See off the bat I don't you and I have the same definition of racism....

To most racism is defined as any discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race.
Tome racism is defined as a systematic denigration and destruction of apeople through economics, politcs, and the social arena.
This country as a whole has to be broken and rebuilt for racism to go away...
for racism is the premises this country was built upon.

I don't think some people realize how far America is from magically waking up "overtime"....

He contradicts himself a bit, don't you think? He goes from saying it will always be prevalent to it being correctable? (I think, again, I'm waiting for a clarification on that last bit.)

Unless I am mistaken you contradict yourself also.
   As time progresses people do as well. We tend to think much differently than we did in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. While it may not happen tomorrow, it will happen.

8 generations from now? This will be no different. They'll find ways to classify us, and we'll be in the same spot as we are now only fighting over different lables.

Whats the difference between 8 generations and 25 generations if " they'll find ways to classify us..." ?

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

As time progresses people do as well. We tend to think much differently than we did in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. While it may not happen tomorrow, it will happen.

8 generations from now? This will be no different. They'll find ways to classify us, and we'll be in the same spot as we are now only fighting over different lables.

Whats the difference between 8 generations and 25 generations if " they'll find ways to classify us..." ?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

nerd.gif

Well as I stated, they won't be classifying us racially, but only by some other construct. Unless we make the change, those in power will continue to divide us so they can stay in power while we are busy hating one another. Divide and conquer is as old a tactic as any and it clearly works. WE will think differently in the sense we won't be categorizing each other racially. Its up to us to really break out of this cycle so that we can actually do something about this system.

Where did I state that "there is no chance of a day where there will be no racism?"

But as for what your arguing I should add that as along as America stands as a capitalist/conversationalist nation
then yes racism will have a place hold.
How could you not perceive the notion of a US cleansing after finishing the paragraph?

See off the bat I don't you and I have the same definition of racism....

To most racism is defined as any discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race.
Tome racism is defined as a systematic denigration and destruction of apeople through economics, politcs, and the social arena.
This country as a whole has to be broken and rebuilt for racism to go away...
for racism is the premises this country was built upon.

I don't think some people realize how far America is from magically waking up "overtime"....

I agree with you, only I would argue that it has much more to do with social standing now than it does race.

Back
Top Bottom