whats good in philadelphia? vol july23-25

might be in philli for that weekend. is it worth the weekend visit?

looking for recommendations on:
food spots
nightlife
poppin daytime patios/pubs
what other @+*+ to waste time on

been in philly for 4 years now for Temple University. coming from new york city, i can go to the bathroom and produce something better than this city. but ill help you out....

NIGHT LIFE

olde city can be you're best bet. you know you're there when u see mad bars and mad people. lotta girls there so don't worry too much.

helium comedy club
2031 Sansom Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 496-9001

great laughs, strong drinks, just check in adv to see who is performing before you go, so see if ur interested or not.

FOOD

mixto
11th and pine st.

its cuban food. great food great atmostphere, great spot to bring a broad to, especially if you're trying to pipe
pimp.gif

if you got $$ then go to Fogo de Chao

brazillian steakhouse, and its outta this @+$+% world. $30 a head for lunch, $50 for dinner (dinner is same as lunch just cheaper during lunchtime. prices dont include tip, drinks, etc). this place is worth every @+$+% penny i s.hyt you not. all types of meat right of the grill all you can eat. and this place has a wine stash larger than mayor's AF1 collection. f with it if u got the bread ma dude.

for philly cheesesteaks, go to jim's on south st. DO expect a long line, and DO expect a damn good cheesesteak. (helpful tip, when they take ur order jsut say wat toppings you want, they know you're there for a cheesesteak).

DAYTIME

mutter museum
19 South 22nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-3001
(215) 563-3737

this is not ur typical crap boring $*! museum. its place filled with real and disturbing medical mysteries of the human body, that a certain Dr. Mutter collected and is now on display at this musem.
examples:

1 head+2body baby (obv the thing died, and yes you see the body and all that)
soap mummy (woman whose body turned to soap. yes soap)

pretty much anythign you can think of. i've been there 3x and its never boring. TRUST ME. makes for an interesting day with a girl even.

hope this helps.

Philly isn't bad as y'all making it seem. One of the only things I don't like is I wish the trains ran all night and clubs, movies stayed open longer on weekends.

- I'm a native, and if  you're looking for the hip, trendy, pretentious, yuppy-filled spaces with beautiful humans, peruse this site...this is a big college town, if you know where to go, the girls are phenomenal.

- It's easily possible to avoid individuals you suspect hail from regions of poverty, if you choose.  There's much more money here then you would initially suspect based on accounts from
visitors who don't know / understand the region.  Anyway...

- Start here, click some of the links to delve deeper.

http://theilladelph.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Much Respected

The SEPTA (Philadelphia public transit) smells worst than NYC's MTA. Hard to believe I know.

it's hard to believe cause that's that bull u know.

Originally Posted by methedy23

- I'm a native, and if  you're looking for the hip, trendy, pretentious, yuppy-filled spaces with beautiful humans, peruse this site...this is a big college town, if you know where to go, the girls are phenomenal.

- It's easily possible to avoid individuals you suspect hail from regions of poverty, if you choose.  There's much more money here then you would initially suspect based on accounts from
visitors who don't know / understand the region.  Anyway...

- Start here, click some of the links to delve deeper.

http://theilladelph.blogspot.com/

philly is terrible. worst city i've ever been to..well that and bmore. girls here are wack too. nyc girls > philly

stayed in philly last summer. coming from DC, i wasn't the biggest fan, but that was because of my circumstances (27, stay at home dad, didn't know anyone, wife was working long hours)

If i was 20-25, single, philly seems like a cool place.

like i said, I came from DC. DC is a relatively conservative town; i'd never seen more white people with tattoos in my life. It's definitely much more blue collar

but for spots to check, there always south st. Northern liberties seems a little hip and crunchy, but ended up out there one night and had a good time

lots of good places to eat. check out porcini, it's somewhere in center city.

go to phillies game, visit reading terminal, the museum area (museums add up, again coming from DC most museums are free)

Back
Top Bottom