What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I just wear the quarter Elites. I'm not huge into crew socks anyways. Not bad for $7.99. I've never tried the NBA brand socks though.  I couldve sworn Wal-Mart sold NBA brand socks like 6 years ago for like $ 5 instead of $12 that is charged at shoe stores?????

nike-hiquarter-basketball-socks.jpg

the ones at walmart had iron on NBA logos....that fell off as soon as you washed them.... smh

The quarter socks have a strip on the back?

FL has the crew socks in white.
Shipping on footlocker for socks is whack. Might get some though with that 25% off.

damn i knew these @*%%*!% were like 8 a pop or suttin like that but damn at the ebay resellers...
i got 2 white/blue pairs and a white/red pair... nike elite >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
got 3 pairs of the socks at marshalls for 3 bucks... only paid for 1 :O
but these are %%#*%$ nice..... i need to find more for cheap

I've been looking for these at Marshall's whenever i'm near one and have never had any luck at all. nothing even close...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I've been looking for these at Marshall's whenever i'm near one and have never had any luck at all. nothing even close...

Elite socks released at Marshalls? I've also ever seen the most generic Nike shoes there.

Also thanks jmizzo for clarification....I might actually get some NBA socks now just to try them out.

Last night, Eastbay had the white crew socks in stock and there is a 20% off code in the coupon thread with no minimum. Also if u have the gold club membership u get free shipping and of course no tax. So I ordered one pair for $9.60 shipped.

I went to the nike employee store yesterday and they had the black/orange and white/orange ones for $5 each I bought 4 pairs. Very comfortable
happy.gif

Im dying for the UNC ones, but Id imagine theyll never release them....

id settle for a pair of navy with the white stripe, but ive NEVER seen them in a store

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Elite socks released at Marshalls? I've also ever seen the most generic Nike shoes there.

Also thanks jmizzo for clarification....I might actually get some NBA socks now just to try them out.

That's what people have said in the past, but I really don't see it.

Not to shy away from the topic, but Marshalls, in my experience, is an absolute nightmare.  Trying to find something there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack- maybe worse.

Back to the socks, my understanding is that HOH may be the best place to find these if you are close by or have access to one.  I called NIKE Customer Service, and they were of little help.  I gave them all the SKUs of  the colors and they were like, "yeah, these are really hard to find- your best bet is to check out your local retailers"  I am thinking, yeah, that would obviously be my preference and my first plan of attack, but since that has not worked out, that is why I am on the phone with you and your computer with all its stock locating capabilities. Nevermind, that wasn't happening, so hopefully NT'ers can help one another out, and let each other know what their "local spots" have. 

I have always preferred colored socks over just plain white regardless of my shoes.  I guess the exception would be an all white or primary white shoe, but I don't own many of those. I would absolutely love a pair of the orange, carolina blue, or purple if they exist- probably wishful thinking, but if anyone has a clue, def. PM me.  Thanks in advance.

Purple definitely exist just not sure on a retail level. Clemente on K-state has been making me mad jealous with those.

I don't get Nike. SO many people (outside of NT) want these socks because they see CBB players and notice that stripe and that's what people want. These should of flooded the market more than they did.

As long as we are discussing apparel that is not readily available...what's up with the new warm up jackets some teams have been wearing in the tourney?  NDC has a FEW teams but otherwise I havent been able to find those anywhere.

Purple definitely exist just not sure on a retail level. Clemente on K-state has been making me mad jealous with those.

I don't get Nike. SO many people (outside of NT) want these socks because they see CBB players and notice that stripe and that's what people want. These should of flooded the market more than they did.
Only thing I can think of is that they just didn't think that the market existed for such a high-priced "premium" geared towards the general public.  They underestimated the willingness of not only the NT buyer, but the "average" buyer to spend 12 bucks on a nice pair of socks.

^From what i know NBA socks sell very well......... and i think these would sell better due to the option of having different colors.

NBA socks come in 3,214 colors. I don't know why, but they do.

Nike knew they would create buzz on them. SMH.

NBA socks come in 3,214 colors. I don't know why, but they do.

Nike knew they would create buzz on them. SMH.

Nba are socks are heavy and don't let your feet breathe, imo. Elite socks are light and have the best cushioning i've ever felt. Should've really stocked up on these. 3 isn't enough.

Even though FL has the white ones up right now.

i want these socks but i'm not willing to fork out a ton of money. i dont think these are available in canada SMH

Originally Posted by jumpmanfeva

Where can you get these??? I've been lurking the Net for these...Eastbay, Ebay, etc.
they r on ebay and that well be the only youre gonna find them now.

Anyone care to post pics of these- either crew or quarter with kobe 5s or Lebron 7s?  Close up would be great but not going to get picky.  Anyone know of a helpful connect @ HOH LA?

Back
Top Bottom