WHAT'S MORE IMPRESSIVE LeBRON'S 52/TRIPLE DOUBLE OR KOBE'S 61 @ MSG

Originally Posted by iTalk

Kobe's playing time: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]36:48[/color]
Lebron's playing time: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]44:03[/color]

[/thread]
I'd like to appreciate both performances, but if we are getting into stats like minutes played, we should also take a look at pace of game:

h/t Ball Don't Lie: "Bryant had 103 possessions to work with in his faster-paced game, to James' slower-paced 92"

Kobe holds a WORLD RECORD FOR THE MOST POINTS IN THAT ARENA.

Records speak for themselves.

Kobe's playing time: 36:48 @ 61/0/3
Lebron's playing time: 44:03 52/10/11

I wish I was good at Math I would convert Kobe's numbers on average to 44minutes. U get what I'm saying?

But in my opinion if he had 7 more minutes. We are looking at least at 70points.

OVERALL= Lebron's 52/10/11
MORE IMPRESSIVE= Kobe's 61 WORLD RECORD AT MSG

OH YEA, DOES'NT KOBE HAVE A WHOLE BROKEN RIGHT HAND???
A couple years ago people were hyping on Jordan's FLU GAME... .so don't even go there.

2 years ago Lebron missed half the season with a broken pinky.

OH YEAAAAA!!! One more thing!!!
A.Harrington F 41:39 16-24 13 REBS 0 ASST 2 TO 39 POINTS @ LEBRON JAMES (+7 EFFICIENCY RATING)
A.Harrington F 34:23 7-16 6 REBS 1 ASST 2 TO 24 POINTS @ KOBE BRYANT (+19 EFFICIENCY RATING)

Let's learn how to read people.

KOBE 4 2008-2009 MVP & ALL STAR MVP

EFF OUTTA HERE
sp-olympics-bask_0499022863.jpg

SMH at anybody saying kobes was more impressive then bringing in stupid stuff like 3 rings then his ammount of minutes... now im not downplaying kobesperformance at all..

But... if kobe played another 7 mins to equal lebrons and put up 70 points and only 3 assists and 0 rebounds that just makes his performance look worse imobecause he is ballhogging and not trying to involve the team.

Bron made more jumpshots than he did drives today so the guy that said bron got all his points on free throws, dunks and layups needs to watch a game foronce..

Im a huge fan of both along with d howard and t mac they are my top 4 dudes so im not biased at all...

Out of 80,000 that voted on espn.com 82% said brons was more impressive.. Now do the people here saying kobes was more impressive think the world outside ofniketalk are liars? I dont even think this is an opinion its pretty much a fact that lebrons game tonight was more impressive...

kobe's was def the more special/memorable performance though. the way the crowd was cheering for him, the mvp chants, that kind of treatment for anopposing player is unprecented (at least for a player that isnt a free agent in 2010
laugh.gif
). and also the way they got behind him during the final minutesespecially because they knew he was chasing history... thats always a great thing to see.

kobe walked off the floor to a standing O with a finger pointed to the sky.

lebron tumbled off the floor trying to get a final rebound to get that triple double.

Originally Posted by Zeus23

I wish I was good at Math I would convert Kobe's numbers on average to 44minutes. U get what I'm saying?

But in my opinion if he had 7 more minutes. We are looking at least at 70points.

A couple years ago people were hyping on Jordan's FLU GAME... .so don't even go there.

A.Harrington F 41:39 16-24 13 REBS 0 ASST 2 TO 39 POINTS @ LEBRON JAMES (+7 EFFICIENCY RATING)
A.Harrington F 34:23 7-16 6 REBS 1 ASST 2 TO 24 POINTS @ KOBE BRYANT (+19 EFFICIENCY RATING)

EFF OUT HERE
laugh.gif

and

noticeably more MVP chants @ the garden too and NYC fans supposedly know basketball the best - so there you go.

Originally Posted by jkads

Originally Posted by iTalk

Kobe's playing time: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]36:48[/color]
Lebron's playing time: [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]44:03[/color]

[/thread]
I'd like to appreciate both performances, but if we are getting into stats like minutes played, we should also take a look at pace of game:

h/t Ball Don't Lie: "Bryant had 103 possessions to work with in his faster-paced game, to James' slower-paced 92"
laugh.gif
This guy.

You're trying way too hard son. Pace of the game.

Anyway you want to slice it.

61, 0, and 3 in 36 Minutes >>>>>>>> 52, 11, 10 in 44 minutes.

Originally Posted by Zeus23

EFF OUTTA HERE
sp-olympics-bask_0499022863.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I left the thread open because it's a valid topic that's sure to be discussed on all the shows tomorrow. While this thread lacks the substance in theway most Player A vs Player B threads do, that it's also lacking in insults is what's important to me. I've only had to hide one or two replieswhere Lakers fans were referred to as the derogatory, "stan."

You have a point, MJ's double nickel is definitely mentioned morethan Kareems 50 point triple double...

This isn't a valid argument to me because the hype machine wasn't around then. Imagine how different our opinions would be had the hype machine existedfor Mikan, Russell, Wilt, Big O, West, KAJ, etc.? Another reason to invalidate the argument is where a 50-point triple-double game places in the career of aguy like Kareem. I'm sure it'd get more mention if he weren't the career leader in blocked shots (I don't believe they kept track his wholecareer), points, and regular season MVPs.

If this game gets mentioned a lot, then LBJ didn't win a lot or he wound up having multiple games like this.

IMO, the greatness of the game is more about the impact and not the stat line. I didn't see either game so I can't really weigh in on which I believeis better. However, I have seen Kobe score like this in the past and the impact it has on the other team. Opposing teams wilt under the pressure of hisscoring. That type of impact on a game shouldn't be overlooked merely because it doesn't come with his usual amount of rebounds or assists. Think aboutit, he's had fans of other teams chanting MVP for him. That makes it harder for the opposition to play well when an individual's performance takes awayhome court advantage in places where he should be despised like Utah and Sacramento.

Again, that doesn't mean that I believe Kobe's performance was better than LeBron's, but I'm not surprised to see people stating thatKobe's was better if his scoring had that effect on the Knicks.

Originally Posted by DTruth07

61 from everywhere on the floor > a forced 52 w/ 99.9% of the points coming from lay-ups, dunks, & free throws
eyes.gif
somebdy missed the game. Bron was wetting J after J, i hatto say it but they both just brought their A game, there really was no way to stop either of them.

Kobe and LeBron murked some whipping boys.
eyes.gif
smh.gif
yeah some whipping boys who were this close to beatingyall. Shut the ##+! up hater.

EDIT: and to anyone bringing up minutes, let me say that Bron beat a Knicks team that played well and needed to score all his points to win. kobe had about 52when the game was over, and like unclassy #**+* Phil kept him in solely to run up the score and break records and #!%@
smh.gif

I hate to compare but imma go with Bron, im ean especially xcause they both get love from refs but IMO only like 8-10 of Kobe's 20 FTs were actual fouls
smh.gif

I didn't think it was humanly possible for a someone to drop 50 and get a triple double. With that being said LeBron gets my vote.

Just got in from the game...and honestly...the array of shots kobe took were more impressive....but both games were great

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

You're trying way too hard son.

Anyway you want to slice it.

61, 0, and 3 in 36 Minutes >>>>>>>> 52, 11, 10 in 44 minutes.
Youre trying way too hard kid

i guess the almost 50,000 out of 60,000 that voted on espn must be stupid huh? 50+ points with a triple double is insane. you can even break it down tofantasy sports. who would have given you a better night on your team, bron easy right? right.

3 assists? ZERO rebounds? come on man. this isnt even an argument.

unless he gets hurt, theres no way lebron doesnt get MVP, no way.

cavs/lakers in june will be epic

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Just got in from the game...and honestly...the array of shots kobe took were more impressive....but both games were great

sure kobe took more difficult shots. props.

but at the end, 52 10 11 2 >

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

in the end:
having set a new record in MSG >>>> triple double in MSG
its that simple

both are impressive but the one that stand out more is lbj's triple double.......

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY WHEN KOBE VS. LEBRON V.2 GOES DOWN????

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

in the end:
having set a new record in MSG >>>> triple double in MSG
its that simple

it wasnt 10/10/10

he dropped 50 in addition to 11/10. If you didnt read already, now Bron and MJ are the only 2 players in HISTORY to drop 50 MULTIPLE times in that arena. doesnt that count for something. if im reading that right, kobe only scored more than 50 once.

brons 2 50+ games > kobes 1 50+ game ?

its not the double nickel, brons got the double 50+

this can be argued about forever, lock it and go to bed NT

smh.gif
at thinking 61 > 52,11,10

If Kobe pulled another 81.... it would be a different story. But some of yall really need to just log off, go to the gym, play a pickup game and attempt atleast a triple double for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom