Whats Tabi Bonney doin that Wale isnt??

Not to say that more people know about Tabi Bonney....but whats he doin to get his videos on MTV Jams? I thought that last night when I saw the video for CiseIt last night on there and then just now on allhiphop they got like 5 of his songs in Breeding Ground.....It seems to me like Wale is more exposed in the areabut nationwide it seems like Tabi has more exposure...I could be totally wrong though what do you guys think? I personally like them both but just wonderedwhat everyone else thought......

I don't really know. It could be as simple as the approach they decide to take. Each person's personal success can be measured differently.

Tabi has videos on MTV Jams = awesome.

Wale' performs in London = awesome.

Both are doing pretty great things on fairly large scales IMO.

Music business, now more than ever, is all about the engine pushing you.

The more eduacated the artist, the better decisions he makes from the jump.

Thus, Tabi getting pushed on more forums that count, and paying out his pocket as well and investing in his own art.

Can't knock the hustle.

yea i didnt mean it as a diss in any way.....like I said I like both artists, and I know Wale is definitely puttin in work and has a fanbase, as a matter offact I see Wale's name mentioned on more hip hop sites then Tabi Bonney. What actually brought this on was that I saw the youtube of the Cise It video andI thought to myself the quality wasnt as good as the Pocket video...then BAM I see the cise it video on MTV Jams and I just thought to myself how come I dontsee Wale videos on here. I wouldnt have even posted but I was bought to listen to that Art of Story Tellin pt4 and saw Tabi Bonney all over the media page onallhiphop. But yea they are both def doing big things and yea i think your right Lavan, I think their approach might be different and they just have different"strategies"

One of the things that helped Tabi on allhiphop.com was that someone sent some of his stuff to Illseed ( a DE cat) and he has posted his videos on numerousoccassions. I would assume that the kid Illseed sent it to the higher ups things started to roll.

I assume to some degree having an official album has helped him as well. Everyone and their mom has a mixtape. It's not a knock on anyone, but there is ahigher level of projected professionalism and seriousness that comes with having an album as oppossed to a mixtape.

Another thing I wonder- Has having a big name and company waiting for the "right look" effected some of the things that could have been done on thegrass roots level?

Ultimately, the same game plans aren't going to work for every individual. No matter how many people think the business is cookie cutter driven.

Good luck and much success to both teams!

Wale has a video coming out end of the month that's going to be on MTV2, MTVu, MTV Jams.

Wale wanted to get a major label deal so he went about doing things a certain way.

Tabi was okay with being an independent artist, so he put out an album and paid for a Dr. Teeth video out of pocket.

Difference is, people are still anticipating Wale's debut album. Tabi already dropped his.

Wale is on the covers of magazines and Tabi got a TV hosting gig.

Each are going their respective directions.

StockDead wrote:
Wale has a video coming out end of the month that's going to be on MTV2, MTVu, MTV Jams.

Wale wanted to get a major label deal so he went about doing things a certain way.

Tabi was okay with being an independent artist, so he put out an album and paid for a Dr. Teeth video out of pocket.

Difference is, people are still anticipating Wale's debut album. Tabi already dropped his.

Wale is on the covers of magazines and Tabi got a TV hosting gig.

Each are going their respective directions.
I swear, some of you guys act like Wale getting a CD out is going to turn your life around, in the end, what this guy does has little to no bearing onanyones life but his own.

Anticipating an album...does dude think he is actually going to move more then 50,000 CD's, having 25,000 downloads on a free CD doesn't mean peopleare going to go to the store and go buy his CD. I guess he wants to be the DC version of Too $hort and put out 20 CDs, but he will have that"longevity."
laugh.gif

IMO Tabi Bonney is puttin out "music" (using the term loosely) that is gimmicy, its kinda like Soulja Boy, all his music has a gimmic to it. All hissongs he's puttin out there like that have to do with a slang term: "Put Me In the Pocket", "Cise it". Yeah, Wale has Nike Boots, butthats not the gist of all his songs he's puttin out. Maybe its just the fact Im tired of people down at my school in NC tryin to play me on that "Soyou say "Put Me In The Pocket, huh?" Stuff. Call me a hater, its w/e...

^^^ I have a similar view about the songs that Tabi has put out.

Put Me in the Pocket.
Cise It.
Lunchin'.

All based on slang...DC slang at that.

Man, Tabi needs to put the REAL slang out there, that grimy Alexandria VA hardcore %$#%. We stack bodys son and get no rep. These rappers aint real, they aintfrom the A.V.A.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

Man, Tabi needs to put the REAL slang out there, that grimy Alexandria VA hardcore %$#%. We stack bodys son and get no rep. These rappers aint real, they aint from the A.V.A.
He could find a lot of things to rhyme with Del Ray, maybe even drop a Metrorail stop or two in the track, coming soon "King of KingStreet"
laugh.gif

man like these two artists are all of DC, they both aight.... B.E the future, watch out, now that dude got some real street credits!... B.E.

Back
Top Bottom