Whats the craziest/luckiest way you got a pair of Jordans?

From a cost standpoint I have two great stories:

1) I walked into a nike outlet and got a piar of DS Black metalic II's for $14.99
2) I checked out the clearance rack of a Sports Authority about a year ago and got some Midwest XX's for $50

Crazy wise I have a great story on how I got my Grails:

Sr. year of High school '00-'01 I was not really heavy into the shoe game I would just check NT occasionaly but I wasn't a member yet and reallyonly had 2 pairs of Js (just didn't have the dough at the time). I went to CT on a college visit and stopped at a local mall near the school to get somelunch. Naturally I had to walk by the footlocker and see what was up. When I went in my jaw dropped when I saw some infant sized concords. I was like man Iused to dream about these back in '96 but could never attain them. I asked the dude if there were any adult sizes and he was like "nah sorry man thesesold out in minutes. And they dropped like a weeek ago" Luckily another employee overheard homeboy and he was like wait a min. what size are you? I toldhim 13 and he was like oh man today is you lucky day, about a half hour ago some dude returned these size 13s b/c he said they didnt' fit right. It was theonly pair in the store and obviously I copped in a heart beat. Sadly I've worn them to the point of beaters but I had an ill Sr Seson in those joints Avg19 PPG - It's gotta be the shoes.

I can't beleive that poor sap returned a crispy pair of Concords - what was he thinking? One mans loss is another mans gain though
smile.gif

I remember once in Eight Grade me and my dad went to an Auction for police seized things, and I found some White/ Cement 4's OG DS, Copped themfor.....$35!!! At the time I didnt know the value and +!*!@% them up playin basketball and running in them....found out later they were Legit...=[[

all of mine has come from ebay! back in 03 i got a vvvvvvvvnds pr of space jams sz 13 for $135.00 shipped, about 6 months earlier i got a nds pr of black/rediv's for $170.00+shipping, most recently i got a pr of used/close to nds pr of true blue iii's for $50.00+shipping, a pr of nds blk cement iii for$100.00 and almost a month after release i walked into Jimmy jazz and picked up a countdown xiii/x pack for 310.00 no tax.

I went to get the blk-on-blk X's. One pair for me, one pair for a friend who couldn't make it to the release. Me and an ex-friend got in a fight, twoon five. I walked away w/o a scratch and two pairs of jays.......he got stomped out and almost thrown off the second floor of the mall.
laugh.gif
I wouldn't laugh at my friend if that were to happen, but less than a yearlater he set me up to get 6 pairs of shoes, a North Face jacket(bout $350), and a PS2 stolen from me.....bastard.

went to my guys bachelor party the night before the Mars IV's released. After everything was said and done it was only an hour till the mall opened sodecided to just go. Waited in line at Finishline which for about 45 mins (but 45 mins seems like an eternity when u haven't slept, exhausted, hungover,etc, etc, etc). PLUS- I felt straight up foolish waiting in line- everybody looked like they just woke up, rocking some fresh J's and some casualgear...while I'm standing there looking like hell while wearing some slacks, a button-up, and some dress shoes smelling like cigarettes, booze, ands7rippers
laugh.gif

There was about 5 people in front of me, each one of em were buying multiple pairs. Its my turn, employee says, "only sizes 9 and below and 14 and up areleft". %+!.

Salty as hell (and still feeling foolish), I walk back to the car and one of those dudes that bought multiple pairs was chillen outside and asked if I got mysize. I say I didn't get my 10.5, then he pops open his trunk and pulls out 10.5. suspicious as hell at the moment, i check em out for a long minute-LEGIT. he only asks for 100 even.
pimp.gif

i was happy as hell that day..................................................but then I soon realized how horrible the material, creasing, and overallcraftmanship on the Mars IV was
smh.gif

A couple months back on ebay I won a pair of NDS black-altitude green XIII 105 shipped!!

Then ebay againg blessed me with Air zoom flights 96 black/white-royal blue for 61 dollars shipped sold those for 120 DS!!

I got a pair of the Retro Black Toe (suede) XIV's for $14.99 at Champs Sports 2 years after they released. They are a half size too big but I reallycan't feel it.

i used to always ask my boy about these wte/blue XIIs he had, but he refused to sell them to me. So one fortunate morning we were playing tonk and i ran hisbill up $100. He said if i give you those XIIs we'll be even? Hell Yea
laugh.gif

man.....a few years back i visited my cousins house and he used to be into the kicks right when i started collecting back in 98.....but then he said that he"grew up" and all his kicks were in the attic collecting dust now and he was going to give them away to goodwill.....damn did i intercept a lot ofheat! got me some 99 IV's, two pairs of black/red XI's, columbia XI's, flightposites, air max plus, foamposites, black/blue XIII lows, chutneyXIII's low, and some other misc. air maxes.......ended up getting rid of most of those later on when i didn't fit into a 10.5-11 anymore but all thosekicks for free......i came off lovely! i wish more people would just quit the game like that lol recently one of my best friends started getting rid of hiskicks too but he didn't really have any heat....mostly GR stuff from 2004-2006....JB BS basically...so i jus took some dunks n maxes....went about mybusiness...

OG Infrared Jordan VIs = $10

Found em at a local flea market. GREAT condition. Barely looked like it was even worn. This guy was selling off a bunch of shoes. I saw the pair. Size 9. My size. Only problem was that on one of the shoes, there was a small crack in the midsole. The seller saw it and said I can go ahead and have em for freesince I probably wouldn't be able to wear them. I couldn't let him go out like that, so I slipped him $10 and thanked my lucky stars.

And no, they're not fake. I'm had them authenticated through several people who know their shoes. They're for real.

jordan6og.jpg

Got my Stealth XXIII's for 70% off retail.
I did this by accumulating 70% worker coupons from my store (Sportchek in Canada).

My most recent nice pick up was the Oak Hill Jordan XXI's for dirt cheap at a Nike outlet.

1) black/indiglo 14s for $20 @ Ross
2) cherrywood 16s without shrouds for $20 @ Footlocker
3) 2 pairs of Question Mids for $10.00 each @ Champs in 06'
4) VNDS white/varsity red 12s with OG box for $60
5) DS white/varsity red 12s for $120 @ FCLA
6) VNDS white/university-blue 15s for $30
7) VNDS black/varsity-red 15s for $50

Man I went to this one spot in Portland that, honestly, took me and my dudes over an hour to find...walked in there, they had XX1s, original color DS for 100$,one day special, in my size! copped on the spot...They also had the Denim dunks for 65$....took those too!!

got XI I.E lows in black/red og colorway for 50,

and those xiv's in white pink and green for 20.

both DS too.

this is lucky to the extreme....back when the chicago 10's came out my footlocker got a small shipment of them. i wasn't "in the know" atthat time so by the time i heard about them they were gone. about a week later i was in the mall at this mom and pop shop that carried everything the big boysdid. i asked the owner if he had heard about the chicago 10's at footlocker and he said yeah, i just got in 5 pairs. i pooped a little in my pants as hewent to the back and brought the case out. sure enough he had 5 pairs in assorted sizes. i wear a 10.5 and the closest he had to me was a 10. i asked if hecould hold them for me and he said no, that it was gonna be first come first serve but no one knew he had them since they had just came in. i ran to a payphone(cell phones weren't really around then kids!!!) and called to check my discover card balance. i was about $30 short so i went back and paid what icould on my discover and wrote a check for the balance. i was broke as hell for the rest of the week but i had my 10's!! i kept them(and wore the hell outthem) for a few years and sold them on ebay in a lot with a few other j's to the great airfob. i got about $18-1900 total. at the time i needed the moneybut i regret it now. i know deep down odds are great they'll never retro those.

Wow, where do I start.

NDS blue/white VI-20.00
NDS White/blue XVI-20.00
NDS Cherrywood XVI-20.00
NDS Garnett III -14.00
List goes on and on

1. Grape 5 from the Nike Outlet at Woodbury Commons (thanks NT)

2. lightly used DMP from ebay for $375 shipped (thanks indohan for the legit check)

3. 10/13 pack sunday of weekend release from niketown NY (last in my size and my aunt got them for me)

4. Finally, a used pair of space jams for $172 shipped and after I cleaned them, besides being a little worn, they look good and the yellow bottoms can befixed down the road

Back
Top Bottom