What's the Deal with Mars Needs Moms?

I heard that it was really dismal at the box office during opening weekend. Is the movie that bad? Or did it just get overshadowed by Battle: LA?
I mean I can hardly expect Battle LA to take away the primary consumers from MNM ie. young children, families, etc.

Also, did anyone actually enjoy it?

apparently an awful movie with an awful title and awful marketing.

i read an article that said it's on pace to be the biggest bust in history. $150M budget with ~$7M on opening weekend.

All of the ^ plus the fact that with the target audience being young children; the movie was doomed with the creepy plot of aliens abducting people. Btw "creepy" as in creepy to the target audience of children, not to the general public overall obvi.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

i read an article that said it's on pace to be the biggest bust in history. $150M budget with ~$7M on opening weekend.
sick.gif

[size=-1]Filmcritic.com, Jason McKiernan
"Let's not kid ourselves -- Mars doesn't need moms, and Earth doesn't need this movie."

laugh.gif

[/size]

laugh.gif
 they went for the WRONG crowd

u think moms goin out to the theatres tryna see this +!!*?  na

that dude Paul is by far the coolest alien out, dig.

It's a very bad movie in its own right. However with the target market if you're a parent and you have the choice between "Mars" and "Rango" you're going to take the kids to Rango

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

sick.gif

Somebody is getting fired. Ahh well Seth Green still ate.

Back
Top Bottom