Whats the first Rap song you remember hearing?

I remember jamming to Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize in the car with my sister when that album dropped...I'm sure we listened to the rest of the album but Ihave this really sharp memory of her singing the hook in the car lol.

Now that I think about it, I know for sure that wasn't the first hip-hop song I heard around her but thats the first one I really remember.

Originally Posted by jpap348

coolio- gangsta's paradise
same here, song was the *&^$
pimp.gif

Snoop Dogg-Who Am I (What's My Name). I was 5 years old and thought that song was the coolest thing since Ninja Turtles.

85 born..I've been listening to rap since I could talk (thanks to my older cousins)...so the first song I remember would have to be either I'm Bad,Symphony or I got it Made.

I gotta say "Jam on it" by Newcleus.....84 maybe? 85? can't remember, I was little though.

Originally Posted by OGJordan

I gotta say "Jam on it" by Newcleus.....84 maybe? 85? can't remember, I was little though.
Niiiiiiice! My buddies used to break to that and "The Freaks Come Out at Night." Whodini was the first one I really remember. Thisthread was starting to make me feel reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly old. Half of the songs listed in here were from my high school/college days.

Honestly, Mix-A-Lot's "Posse On Broadway" was the first song that I heard on the radio, that made me go out and buy the tape.

Peace,
J

the first song i remember hearing was kris kross, but the first song i remember LOVING was big poppa. i had that joint on repeat.

The memory that sticks out the most in my mind as far as rap goes when i was little is the "U Can't Touch This" vid. I had to be about 2 or 3,land most of my cousins and I (most are in mid 20's+ now) were sitting around watching it and dancing, just actin a fool
pimp.gif

Then my granddad came in the room and change it to World News Tonight w/ Peter Jennings...
indifferent.gif
We all were smackin our lips and gettin mad, and all of a suddenhe turned back
roll.gif

We jumped right back in stride
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jshortt

Originally Posted by OGJordan

Niiiiiiice! My buddies used to break to that and "The Freaks Come Out at Night." Whodini was the first one I really remember. This thread was starting to make me feel reeeeeeaaaaaaallllly old. Half of the songs listed in here were from my high school/college days.

Honestly, Mix-A-Lot's "Posse On Broadway" was the first song that I heard on the radio, that made me go out and buy the tape.

Peace,
J
You both get props over here. Mine.....yes.....was Sugar Hill Gang "Rapper's Delight". My pops had the 8 track. And I ain't seen himsince I was 8, so I had to have been mad young.

If it wasn't Wrecks n efex sp?all i wanna do is zooma zoom zoom zoom in ya boom boom just shake ya rump. or it was the lynch mob....i dont remember but iremember the line "Lil monkey cant hang with a gorrilla.

this thread made me stop and think for a second.
and I realized how old I was.
laugh.gif

but for some reason Rapper's Delight and White Lines stand out for me. White Lines more.
I'm a little older than most of you cats..

-J-

Back
Top Bottom