Whats the highest quality shoe Nike puts out today?

i been collecting nike sb's just old generation silver box pink box. ive been buying new releases and been really disappointed same with jordans. ive been thinking about moving to start collecting other shoes from nike .

anyone have any opinons on nikes highest quality shoe they are putting out right now? im not talking highest price tag im talking about comfort, material high quality.

i've had lebrons and kobes a while back but im not all that impressed . maybe ill just stick with collecting old nike sbs.

any opinions are appreciated, not trying to pay for hype any more (well never really did maybe only a few times, it was get retail or dont get it for certain releases) but you know what i mean

thanks

So you're asking NT what you should collect, not based on what you like, but based on quality?

The best quality Nike in recent memory is the Yeezy 1, but good luck finding a DS pair of any of the colorways under 1200. Lebrons are made well and tend to have nice quality but they're different. People who like a soft leather feel don't really like the "quality" of Lebrons since they're pretty much all plastic/flywire (at least the new ones.) Foamposites have always been decent quality as long as you stay away from the 2010 Eggplants. Since you like Jordans, my advice is to cop older retros, you can often get em for cheaper than the new retros and the quality is infinitely better.

So you're asking NT what you should collect, not based on what you like, but based on quality?

wrong. im gonna collect old nike SB regardless but im looking ot start collecting other stuff. im just trying to see what are peoples opinions on other shoes . im not telling you to tell me what to collect. i just want opinions on your experience with other shoes how they hold up, quality, comfort and then based in the information provided on this thread im gonna make a decision or i might just say f it and just keep up with my nike sb game .

Last edited:
The best quality Nike in recent memory is the Yeezy 1, but good luck finding a DS pair of any of the colorways under 1200. Lebrons are made well and tend to have nice quality but they're different. People who like a soft leather feel don't really like the "quality" of Lebrons since they're pretty much all plastic/flywire (at least the new ones.) Foamposites have always been decent quality as long as you stay away from the 2010 Eggplants. Since you like Jordans, my advice is to cop older retros, you can often get em for cheaper than the new retros and the quality is infinitely better.

yeah i dont really care for how yeezys or foamposites look but i heard they where good quality.
i buy older jordans here and their but im trying to find something i can buy brand new in the mall/ nikestore.

i might start going towards KD's ive heard good things about them . if they made more quickstrike free run releases i would start colecting those. i have those fuel bands and the hurleys so far and frees are super comfy .

yeah i dont really care for how yeezys or foamposites look but i heard they where good quality.
i buy older jordans here and their but im trying to find something i can buy brand new in the mall/ nikestore.
i might start going towards KD's ive heard good things about them . if they made more quickstrike free run releases i would start colecting those. i have those fuel bands and the hurleys so far and frees are super comfy .

Pretty much anything that is current.  Some retros get good treatment, but most are bad; Not cardboard bad, but bad lol

Sounds like OP likes just about everything, but doesn't want to bother with low-quality garbage. No where did I see him ask what he should collect. Rather, he asked which Nikes are quality-made these days. You $%&^#$ dudes really gotta be so grouchy?

OP, I personally have no complaints about the more recent 'Bron models (8-9, the only ones I own). Other than that I can't be of much help. Good luck!

Edit: Actually, I have a few of the newer Foams and I haven't had any issue with them as far as quality goes either.

Last edited:
Lebron 9s are tanks. I've worn my mangos over 50 times and not a single crease on the toebox.

Agreed with the LeBron 9's. They're really comfortable, well-constructed and durable. I also hear the Jordan 2012's are quality made as well. But if you are looking for more of a casual shoe, I'd wholeheartedly recommend any leather-based Nike Air Royal. I own the Baroque brown colorway and the leather is impressive, at least compared with most other Nikes.

Built like tanks.

Current releases (Like Kobe's & LeBrons)

Retros are where a lot of complaints come from.

Last edited:
New Balance. Quality is always on point.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Most of their classics always have great materials and are well made.

Since this is in the Nike forum and not the Nike retro section, I'd say Nike pushes out line ups of shoes that look similar but have different price points. Though, Nike makes too many products to say exactly what line is or isnt high quality, but if I had to generalize, generally the shoes priced higher than a typical shoe feels like it has higher quality materials.

Back
Top Bottom