What's the next big Nike product line for 'casual' wear?

As we all know, Nike's running and basketball sneakers have been pretty much worn for casual wear since the company's start. And as we've seen over the past decade, SBs have become super popular for casual wear as well.

My question is, what do you guys think could be the next big sport or niche that will be popular for casual wear? My guess would be the trainers/gym lifting market. Now I know Nike has made trainers forever, but I don't think their trainer lines were really ever as popular as Nike's running or basketball shoes or even SBs. With the growing popularity of crossfit and weightlifting in general, I think trainers will be the next big casual shoe for Nike.

Free trainers have started to take off.  People like the flexible nature of the free and the durability of the trainers.  They just need to make some better designs which they have lately, I own the Free Trainers 5.0 V6 and like them.

The other sports that nike can't really get to casual market is the football/baseball spin off shoes.  They had the revis's but those are trainers but they don't got any signature football or baseball players to get excited about.

Griffey's used to sell but there really isn't a face of baseball other then trout and harper to get behind.  and football is more a faceless sports where people get behind teams.  some of the biggest names you don't want to be wearing there sig shoes if they had one.  No one wants to be rocking the peyton mannings.

Free trainers have started to take off.  People like the flexible nature of the free and the durability of the trainers.  They just need to make some better designs which they have lately, I own the Free Trainers 5.0 V6 and like them.

The other sports that nike can't really get to casual market is the football/baseball spin off shoes.  They had the revis's but those are trainers but they don't got any signature football or baseball players to get excited about.

Griffey's used to sell but there really isn't a face of baseball other then trout and harper to get behind.  and football is more a faceless sports where people get behind teams.  some of the biggest names you don't want to be wearing there sig shoes if they had one.  No one wants to be rocking the peyton mannings.
I'm kinda surprised football hasn't gotten any really popular sigs into casual wear, given how popular the sport is in the US. ODB should get a sig imo. Elite WR for the next 10 years + very marketable athlete.

I think the NIKE AIR FLIGHT LITE MID's the black suede one's with the white NIKE swoosh are off the hook for a casual NIKE shoe. I would even ball in them since they are a basketball sneaker rocked by PIP in '92. If NIKE retro's these I'm pickin them up!

Back
Top Bottom