Whats the point of cheating and staying in a relationship.

Sometimes temptation, alcohol, the right mood, place can really play against you if you are in a relationship, it can happen to anyone...so I think a one time slip up is forgiveable...now constant sleeping around, placing yourself in positions where you know temptation will get the best of you, having a regular side chick just as long as you've been with your steady girlfriend, MAKES NO DAMB SENSE....if that's the case have the balls to call it quits and save both of you the time and pain.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by spizike231
if you condone this or if you do this, that makes you a gutless, spineless and weak individual.. people that cant even look their partner in the eyes and break it off, cause you wanna play the field
But they don't want to play the field that's why its called cheating.

The act itself is simply selfish.  Whether it is right or wrong is subjective.  Some men know they are selfish and they live by the "I am a man....I take what I want" mentality.  That to them is right.  Others see it as wrong.  But to answer OPs question its because you are selfish.  You want that woman you connect with emotionally to raise your kids and you want to be with her but you love the hunt of getting a new woman.  Makes you feel like your alive.  But when you cheat you know you are taking the chance of losing your main/emotionally connected chick.  Its always a give and a take.

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Odd that this topic came up. My girl buddy that is married and has 3 kids just told me she blew my coworker the other day. Main reason why? She just needed some new D in her life. That is what she said anyways.

but I think the underlying question would be, why does she need some new D? is it because her husband is passionless and the relationship has become stale etc. If thats the case, she shouldve just talked to him and see about getting sex therapy or something to spice it up

I won't try to spill in specifics with her life but she's my age (31), married 10+ years, have seen a shrink with her husband, and have done things to spice up their relationship. It's almost like her doing these little cheating helps calm her nerves and utimately won't make her leave her husband. It sounds insane but she tells me it's something you go through being in a marriage for so long.

I agree with that people shouldn't cheat and if they have tempations to others, to just leave and call it quits first but every scenario is different and I can understand to a certain degree with what people do.....even if it is wrong.

Originally Posted by spizike231
if you condone this or if you do this, that makes you a gutless, spineless and weak individual.. people that cant even look their partner in the eyes and break it off, cause you wanna play the field
you know nothing john snow

Odd that this topic came up. My girl buddy that is married and has 3 kids just told me she blew my coworker the other day. Main reason why? She just needed some new D in her life. That is what she said anyways.

but I think the underlying question would be, why does she need some new D? is it because her husband is passionless and the relationship has become stale etc. If thats the case, she shouldve just talked to him and see about getting sex therapy or something to spice it up

I won't try to spill in specifics with her life but she's my age (31), married 10+ years, have seen a shrink with her husband, and have done things to spice up their relationship. It's almost like her doing these little cheating helps calm her nerves and utimately won't make her leave her husband. It sounds insane but she tells me it's something you go through being in a marriage for so long.

I agree with that people shouldn't cheat and if they have tempations to others, to just leave and call it quits first but every scenario is different and I can understand to a certain degree with what people do.....even if it is wrong.
well if thats the case, I think they need to just hang it up and get a divorce. And I dont really agree with her that every relationship that lasts a while people resort to cheating. You resort to looking outside when the relationship has lost whatever it once had. Also it seems to be that getting married that young didnt help either. Oh well

well if thats the case, I think they need to just hang it up and get a divorce. And I dont really agree with her that every relationship that lasts a while people resort to cheating. You resort to looking outside when the relationship has lost whatever it once had. Also it seems to be that getting married that young didnt help either. Oh well

I hear you man. I suggested a divorce to her too but with 3 kids, that is what makes it difficult. Plus I don't even think she wants to be single and in the single scene at age 31 and knowing she has 3 kids. You know there are only so many men that is willing to date females with that burdan. She loves her husband but she needs a release. Like I said, I don't understand it but I can only imagine being married at 20 years old and being with one guy in the prime of your life.

Sometimes temptation, alcohol, the right mood, place can really play against you if you are in a relationship, it can happen to anyone...so I think a one time slip up is forgiveable...now constant sleeping around, placing yourself in positions where you know temptation will get the best of you, having a regular side chick just as long as you've been with your steady girlfriend, MAKES NO DAMB SENSE....if that's the case have the balls to call it quits and save both of you the time and pain
All this, save for the one time slip up. I don't think my girl OR I would go for that.

@Fongstarr - crazy story, that's rare that you hear about a woman in that situation.

you know nothing john snow

right and you know everything... besides what is so special about cheating? im not gonna do it, so for me it's whatever.. i dont want to sneak around or lie, and then look my girl in the eyes while she cries her heart out

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

his routine is funny, but beside that bruh is speaking some actual truth.
laugh.gif
�
laugh.gif
�
laugh.gif
�
roll.gif
�
I feel the man's plight though. Not saying I condone it or would ever do it, but I know what he means.
laugh.gif
Man I wish he did more stand up that was televised.

Originally Posted by J A M E S

Sometimes temptation, alcohol, the right mood, place can really play against you if you are in a relationship, it can happen to anyone...so I think a one time slip up is forgiveable...now constant sleeping around, placing yourself in positions where you know temptation will get the best of you, having a regular side chick just as long as you've been with your steady girlfriend, MAKES NO DAMB SENSE....if that's the case have the balls to call it quits and save both of you the time and pain
All this, save for the one time slip up. I don't think my girl OR I would go for that.

@Fongstarr - crazy story, that's rare that you hear about a woman in that situation.

James Watts?

99% of relationships get stale...
Love is there, but passion isn't.  Comfort is there, but excitement isn't.  What was funny at first, isn't funny anymore.  What was a new experience, isn't new anymore.  Then you add kids, work, school and life into the equation.

Too many factors to simply say: "People are selfish", "They're insecure".

For the record, I haven't cheated or been cheated on.  I know people that do, and it's their choice, I've covered for friends...etc.  I don't judge them.  Most can separate love from love, two different emotions.

It's foolish to try and simplify something extremely complicated.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

To those talking about cheating to show off got it all wrong.

Men cheat because they're programed that way.

Testostrone is a hellofva hormone.

No no no...Men are not programmed to cheat. 

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I was going to disagree with him as well, but I noticed he used the word "programmed" and he may have a point. This society does seem to kind of encourage that behavior, in my opinion, particularly Hip-Hop. So yeah (would that be programming in the least bit?
nerd.gif
).. But if you're going to blame it on testosterone, then that's not going to fly. Learn how to control yourself and not give in to the countenance or physique of a woman while you're in a "relationship."

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I was going to disagree with him as well, but I noticed he used the word "programmed" and he may have a point. This society does seem to kind of encourage that behavior, in my opinion, particularly Hip-Hop. So yeah (would that be programming in the least bit?
nerd.gif
).. But if you're going to blame it on testosterone, then that's not going to fly. Learn how to control yourself and not give in to the countenance or physique of a woman while you're in a "relationship."
I think he meant men are programmed to spread their seed. Different than saying that men are programmed to betray and cheat. Also, these days, when men cheat, it is not to spread their seed. Back in ancient primitive civilization, it wasn't monogamy and I do not think it was cheating. 
But, I agree with you how men cheating is glamourized. 

Back
Top Bottom