What's wrong with Gay Marriage?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
@ "glad i don't have any gay family members"

why would it change anything? you worried you'll have a fabulous christmas or something? 
best post in this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
@ "glad i don't have any gay family members"

why would it change anything? you worried you'll have a fabulous christmas or something? 
best post in this thread
laugh.gif

I have no problem with it, have had gay/lesbian teachers, principle and I have gay/bi friends now

Discussed this a lot in my Psychology of sexual differences class, my teacher said something pretty crazy

His theory - it's all about the church and they're desire for power over people and their reproductive liberties

from back in 20s-60s it was frowned upon to have children out of wedlock, but kids wanted to have sex so they got married at a young age (in a church) in order to be together and hae children

homosexual couples don't have to worry about getting pregnant, therefore the church loses a say in whether or not they can have kids, that's why they don't want them to be able to be married

Originally Posted by Xbox360Live

I'm straight so I don't see how gay marriage would affect me in any way.Keeping it illegal does nothing but discriminate against gays. So i want to ask NT why would you not want it to be legal.
nerd.gif
   You aint straight come out the closet you know you're gay
laugh.gif

It obviously is effecting you or else you wouldn't care that people want it to be illegal & are against it. Admit it  You want it to be legal because  you like homosexuals and you are one yourself.

Gay marraige should be allowed for women only  in my opinion.Lesbians are great

& to answer your question i'm against it because homosexuality is a sin accoridng to the bible and im a holy person so I wouldn't want something thats a sin to be legal. 
Lev 18 : 22 - "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20 : 13  ""If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 

1 Cor 6:9-10
  "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 

Rom. 1:26-28"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.   It goes against the created order of God.  He created Adam and then made a woman.  This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. 

I'm straight so I don't see how gay marriage would affect me in any way.Keeping it illegal does nothing but discriminate against gays. So i want to ask NT why would you not want it to be legal.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

It obviously is effecting you or else you wouldn't care that people want it to be illegal & are against it. Admit it  You want it to be legal because  you like homosexuals and you are one yourself.

& to answer your question i'm against it because homosexuality is a sin accoridng to the bible and im a holy person so I wouldn't want something thats a sin to be legal. 
Lev 18 : 22 - "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Lev 20 : 13  ""If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them" 

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God." 

Rom. 1:26-28"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible.   It goes against the created order of God.  He created Adam and then made a woman.  This is what God has ordained and it is what is right. 

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

So what do you think of all the other quotes from the bible supporting slavery, misogyny, human sacrifice, war and genocide to name a few? Let's hear it?

Thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
 As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

I guess God approves of murder, rape and slavery?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

So what do you think of all the other quotes from the bible supporting slavery, misogyny, human sacrifice, war and genocide to name a few? Let's hear it?

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Still waiting for a good legal (not religious) reason.
I won't hold my breath tho.

I'm glad you're not waiting to exhale, but if you were - here's what I would say: the legal reason is that by constitutional standards homosexuals are not equally protected under the law they way minorities, foreign aliens, women, and other classes that require strict or intermediate constitutional scrutiny are...any gay issue gets rational basis, and you're never going to beat the state on that battlefield - I never understood why GLAAD didn't put that fight into the forefront instead of worrying about Kobe...
...as far as my personal opinion (that's admittedly based on religion/life experience), here's the deal from my POV: I have no problem at all with two humans in love dedicating their lives to each other - the gray area for me comes when a gay couple wants to call it a "marriage."

From my POV (which is just how I rock, not saying it weighs more than anyone else's) it looks like this: a "marriage" by definition is a sacred covenant between a man, a woman, and God...

...do I have a problem with two gay people wanting to be legally recognized as a unit and receiving the same healthcare/tax break/job benefits as two drunken hetero idiots who choose to get married in Vegas only to get in annulled two weeks later (Britney Spears I'm lookin' at you)? No.

As a matter of public policy, I couldn't possibly care less if a homosexual "civil union" was the legal equivalent to a recognized heterosexual American marriage - but as a matter of religion (which I'm 100% free to be rooted in in this wonderful country of our's) - just don't call it a "marriage," because like I said, by definition...it's not...

...and I know NT, so lemme answer these questions before they're even asked:

1) No, as a Christian I don't believe I'm any better than a gay person...because contrary to popular belief, "Christian" and "gay" are not mutually exclusive. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God... The same way someone with a Bible can tell you, "You shouldn't be gay" is the same way Jesus can tell me, "Lil _, you 'sposed to be a virgin - and when I go to your internet history, why I see the name 'Jasmine Bryne' so much?"

2) I've seen you on NT cussin' at mods/admins and beastin' over big booties like everybody else - where you get off thinkin' you somehow above everybody else?

...I'm not.

I'm glad you're not waiting to exhale, but if you were - here's what I would say: the legal reason is that by constitutional standards homosexuals are not equally protected under the law they way minorities, foreign aliens, women, and other classes that require strict or intermediate constitutional scrutiny are...any gay issue gets rational basis, and you're never going to beat the state on that battlefield - I never understood why GLAAD didn't put that fight into the forefront instead of worrying about Kobe...
...as far as my personal opinion (that's admittedly based on religion/life experience), here's the deal from my POV: I have no problem at all with two humans in love dedicating their lives to each other - the gray area for me comes when a gay couple wants to call it a "marriage."

From my POV (which is just how I rock, not saying it weighs more than anyone else's) it looks like this: a "marriage" by definition is a sacred covenant between a man, a woman, and God...

...do I have a problem with two gay people wanting to be legally recognized as a unit and receiving the same healthcare/tax break/job benefits as two drunken hetero idiots who choose to get married in Vegas only to get in annulled two weeks later (Britney Spears I'm lookin' at you)? No.

As a matter of public policy, I couldn't possibly care less if a homosexual "civil union" was the legal equivalent to a recognized heterosexual American marriage - but as a matter of religion (which I'm 100% free to be rooted in in this wonderful country of our's) - just don't call it a "marriage," because like I said, by definition...it's not...

1) No, as a Christian I don't believe I'm any better than a gay person...because contrary to popular belief, "Christian" and "gay" are not mutually exclusive. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God... The same way someone with a Bible can tell you, "You shouldn't be gay" is the same way Jesus can tell me, "Lil _, you 'sposed to be a virgin - and when I go to your internet history, why I see the name 'Jasmine Bryne' so much?"

2) I've seen you on NT cussin' at mods/admins and beastin' over big booties like everybody else - where you get off thinkin' you somehow above everybody else?

...I'm not.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

1. Where was rape ever mentioned.
2. Murder? I suggest you look up the meaning of the word murder.

3. Slavery back then was more similar to indentured servitude than it is to the slavery our history books are accustomed to.

4. The people that the scripture is referring to were enemies of the Israelites. They also worshiped false gods. And what they did to the Israelites, was far worse than what happened to them.

Your mad because god was looking after his people? Yea, that makes sense. And to answer what coming next (aren't we all children of the lord?), yes we are, but when a child does whats right in their father's eyes and the other child dislikes that and trys to hurt them, who do you think the father will side with?

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

3. Slavery back then was more similar to indentured servitude than it is to the slavery our history books are accustomed to.

4. The people that the scripture is referring to were enemies of the Israelites. They also worshiped false gods. And what they did to the Israelites, was far worse than what happened to them.

Your mad because god was looking after his people? Yea, that makes sense. And to answer what coming next (aren't we all children of the lord?), yes we are, but when a child does whats right in their father's eyes and the other child dislikes that and trys to hurt them, who do you think the father will side with?

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

...I'm not.
BAWSE 
pimp.gif

I believe in God.
But I don't think I am too religious because I disagree with a majority of what most religions say is "right".

With that being said, there nothing is wrong with gay marriage.
The only people who seem to have a problem with it are homophobes, far right conservatives, and extremely religious people.
I think in a decade from now, when the younger generations begin taking over the world, gay marriage will be legal and maybe marijuana too.

I believe in God.
But I don't think I am too religious because I disagree with a majority of what most religions say is "right".

With that being said, there nothing is wrong with gay marriage.
The only people who seem to have a problem with it are homophobes, far right conservatives, and extremely religious people.
I think in a decade from now, when the younger generations begin taking over the world, gay marriage will be legal and maybe marijuana too.

...I'm not.
BAWSE 
pimp.gif

at this point i am 100 percent convinced that if you don't think it is morally wrong to not allow gay people to marry, then you are a homophobe. come at me homophobes.

at this point i am 100 percent convinced that if you don't think it is morally wrong to not allow gay people to marry, then you are a homophobe. come at me homophobes.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Oh that was too ambiguously worded for you? What about these?

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

I guess killing non-believers is what's hot in the streets.

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Tell me when to stop, the evidence of sheer immorality in the bible by God and his people is immense. How are these any less ambiguously worded than the biblical passages that forbid homosexuality? And why stop at homosexuality? There are countless, countless laws that were made in the bible in the name of God that you break every single day.

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.  As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies.  Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.  So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever.  Amen.  That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires.  Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.  And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other.  Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.  When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.  They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful.  They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents.  They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving.  They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway.  And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.  (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "THOU SHALL NOT KILL". I didn't know that sh$% came with a fine print.
grin.gif

There's a fine line between looking out for your people and telling them to rape and pillage.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I thought we were all God's children? Hmm....figures.
grin.gif

And I love how people love to pretend slavery back in ancient times was indentured servitude, especially when it makes their arguments seem more sound. It was slavery....indentured servitude? Come on son. Even you don't believe that nonsense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Oh that was too ambiguously worded for you? What about these?

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

I guess killing non-believers is what's hot in the streets.

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Tell me when to stop, the evidence of sheer immorality in the bible by God and his people is immense. How are these any less ambiguously worded than the biblical passages that forbid homosexuality? And why stop at homosexuality? There are countless, countless laws that were made in the bible in the name of God that you break every single day.

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.  As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies.  Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.  So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever.  Amen.  That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires.  Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.  And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other.  Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.  When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.  They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful.  They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents.  They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving.  They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway.  And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.  (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "THOU SHALL NOT KILL". I didn't know that sh$% came with a fine print.
grin.gif

There's a fine line between looking out for your people and telling them to rape and pillage.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And I thought we were all God's children? Hmm....figures.
grin.gif

And I love how people love to pretend slavery back in ancient times was indentured servitude, especially when it makes their arguments seem more sound. It was slavery....indentured servitude? Come on son. Even you don't believe that nonsense.
laugh.gif

...I'm not.
So then this issue is as trivial as @!$* for you. Dealing with semantics here since your subjective definition of marriage isn't the constitutional one or even techically the objectional one. 

Also that legal reason is more of an excuse than a legal standing to oppose it.

...I'm not.
So then this issue is as trivial as @!$* for you. Dealing with semantics here since your subjective definition of marriage isn't the constitutional one or even techically the objectional one. 

Also that legal reason is more of an excuse than a legal standing to oppose it.

RAPE IN THE BIBLE........believe me there's  A LOT of rape in the bible. You don't wanna go there.
sick.gif

2) Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites    (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
They CLEARLY don't need to use the word rape for anybody with an ounce of reading comprehension to know what they meant. If you need anymore evidence I'll be glad to post some. COME AT ME BRO.

RAPE IN THE BIBLE........believe me there's  A LOT of rape in the bible. You don't wanna go there.
sick.gif

2) Murder, rape and pillage of the Midianites    (Numbers 31:7-18 NLT)

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men.  All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle.  They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword.  Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder.  They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived.  After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp.  But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle.  "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded.  "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor.  They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people.  Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man.  Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
They CLEARLY don't need to use the word rape for anybody with an ounce of reading comprehension to know what they meant. If you need anymore evidence I'll be glad to post some. COME AT ME BRO.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I love this anti-religious circlejerk NT
laugh.gif

Someone on Youtube said it best.

The Internet: Where religion comes to die
Isn't it unfortunate that the internet isn't real life though?  
The circle jerk will go on forever here on NT and other internet avenues.  But it changes nothing in real life.  That's the beauty of arguing with dudes over the internets.  
laugh.gif
Go on pretending that the internet doesn't affect the real world...

and it looks like the religious nuts come out at night
laugh.gif

For the upteenth time in big words for yall..

Where in the Bible does it forbid marriage between two gay people or members of the same sex?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

I love this anti-religious circlejerk NT
laugh.gif

Someone on Youtube said it best.

The Internet: Where religion comes to die
Isn't it unfortunate that the internet isn't real life though?  
The circle jerk will go on forever here on NT and other internet avenues.  But it changes nothing in real life.  That's the beauty of arguing with dudes over the internets.  
laugh.gif
Go on pretending that the internet doesn't affect the real world...

and it looks like the religious nuts come out at night
laugh.gif

For the upteenth time in big words for yall..

Where in the Bible does it forbid marriage between two gay people or members of the same sex?

Back
Top Bottom