What's Your Local Pick-Up Basketball Court Like?

Just curious.

James Logan High School Courts FTW
pimp.gif

Pros:
-10 Courts, pretty easy to get on a court somewhere
-Not too many fights, although there was a stabbing/shooting once

Cons:
-30,000 Filipinos usually flock to 2 or 3 courts, only playing amongst themselves
-Not usually a very high level of skill overall (me and my friends could compete with 95% of the people there, and none of us played high school ball)

Rules:
-Play to 16 1st game, 12 2nd game

Courts on campus are usually segregated...1 black court with some good white players sprinkled in, 1 white court with theawkward, unathletic blacks sprinkled in, and the Asian/Latino mixed court.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Courts on campus are usually segregated...1 black court with some good white players sprinkled in, 1 white court with the awkward, unathletic blacks sprinkled in, and the Asian/Latino mixed court.

Here in texas we have the same, but with hispanic players(like me) sprinkled everywhere in between the good court and the foreign court
laugh.gif

Forest City elementary. Sometimes some dudes from their late 20s/30s head over there to play old unathletic types. Slightly smaller hoop probablly 9 3/4 rareto find a big game

outdoors: kapaolono park (hawaii). tuesday nights are the biggest run from what i remember. two courts with one having the slightly better players. downside ison crowded nights there are 40+ ppl for two courts so you better have a good squad or expect to wait.

indoors: my high school gym (same high school as obama
glasses.gif
). alumni and other invitees only, so its nice not having scrubs/park rats. downside is i'm justan average player there
frown.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

The Hax in La. Best gym 2 hoop at in La, maybe Cali.
How are the runs there? I pass by the airport every day and see it but I have never played there. They were charging outrageous prices to join,like over a rack
to join.

1 court, not regulation size

wooden backboards

i dont think theyve changed the mesh since its opened

ymca
sick.gif

wow that court in seattle looks real nice.....

i'd love to get some shots up on that.....

^^ Looks Dangerous
laugh.gif

Mine is cheap and simple just 2 courts full of sand smh at kids and its always taken but we clear it out Mexicans and Blacks..sometimes white people but ehh.and its always filled with soccer kids but what they gon do its not for soccer..

filipinos always play within themselves

my court 1st game - 16. all others - 12 win by 2 first to 15 (1 and 2s) i dont make the rules, just follow them

I try going all around Broward County to play ball. Mostly this park in Pembroke Pines and this other park called firefighter park.

2 full courts and one half court. There's a mixed group of people playing all the time. Usually there's a lot of drug activity going on and the copsare always around. The area it's in is very busy as well.

NYC courts
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom