Whats your Major? Vol. Hard choice...

Originally Posted by bsktball4lyf3

I don't even know what to do when I grow up and i'm a junior...
frown.gif
you got a lot of time
you can always take a counseling class which helps you determine what your interests are

Originally Posted by bsktball4lyf3

I don't even know what to do when I grow up and i'm a junior...
frown.gif
Doesn't matter.

There are college students who still don't know. Your best bet is to aim for a large school with many options.

I do not mean to come off as arrogant but I did want to express the bare truth of the situation all 18 - 22 year olds face.
I understand some may not like the sciences, the law, the math, architecture but struggle is a part of life.
It would be tremendously easy for doctors and lawyers to switch career to say art major, communications major, would anyone here dispute that they would dopoorly in theses other fields? I'm plenty sure they would succeed like they succeed in their fields. It is apart of life to bring a route that bestsituates your situation. And to not be afraid of hard work and dedication.
Please understand there is a sense of duty. This is what I think the youth do not see. There is a duty to serve your family, your nation, and your peers.Either by financially affording care for your family, creating advances in society through your sciences, law, medicine, studies, or creating a bettergeneration (a more knowledgeable one) instead of the stereotypical, fat lazy american.

About tax. Ofcourse there is tax, theres tax in every nation. I'm fine with paying tax because I would be able to afford it. But it is not fair that I paytax while the underachieving american gets to slid by, by getting a mediocre degree, mediocre job and collecting all the benefits minute tax, food stamps, freehealth care. Don't settle for meritocracy!

btw, i recently found out mba only required 30 credits. thats insanely minute
laugh.gif

I'm sure older folks would read my post as correct if not mildly truthful.

I can be an easy major. But it's selfish. I don't live in the world alone. I want to do what I love, but understand there is a certain level offreedom. I can be a bum, but that wouldn't be beneficial to me, my family or society. Get it? Just look ahead. Because it's easy to get distracted bythe womenz.

Major: Psychology
Minor: Making it rain haha economics

Im really interested in the mind, i want to know exactly how it works, i figure after that ill figure out what i really want to do in life. Pretty much likeantigen said, im trying to learn as much as i can about people and myself.

Bachelor's: Major: English Literature Minor: Business Legal Studies

Master's: Management with International Business Focus

...yes, I'm finished, no, I don't have a job.

Originally Posted by prokid404

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Nutrition and Exercise Science

What are you trying to do career wise?
Long term: athletic director at a DI college. Short Term: Athletic training. I want to dabble in sports medicine possibly but remain in anathletic setting.

So basically this moron just said that teachers, writers, historians, philosophers, etc. are lazy Americans that settle for mediocrity because they don'tmake as much money as doctors and lawyers. Good to know.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

So basically this moron just said that teachers, writers, historians, philosophers, etc. are lazy Americans that settle for mediocrity because they don't make as much money as doctors and lawyers. Good to know.

I'm pretty sure that he also implied that a doctor could turn off the science and turn on the Shakespeare with the flip of a switch as well.

Not to say that it is impossible, but in most cases it is highly improbable. Many people are passionate about something and strive to make a difference in theworld, whether they become a doctor, engineer, writer or historian. To say that writers philosophers and historians are less important to society is completelyridiculous because when we view history, we often look at the artwork, writing, philosophy and ideas of the generation, not just the architecture and science(although both are very important as well). In fact it was Enlghtenment IDEAS that allow us to live as free individuals under Democracy today instead of underthe rule of a monarch.

Edit: Major: History (With a focus on the Middle East/Palestine) Minor: English (Possibly a double w/ Political Science)

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I am done with school forever!
happy.gif
Finished the Masters program this past August.

Undergrad - Major: Economics; Minor: Political Science.
Masters - Public and International Affairs (multidisciplinary program with three fields of study: Public Policy, International Affairs, and Development Studies)
Haha nice

Undergrad- Major: Global Political Studies (basically International relations)
Masters- Political Science (multidisciplinary program with three fields of study: Public Policy, International Affairs, and Development Studies)

cant wait till im done

Double Majoring in International Business with an Emphasis in Language and Japanese. It has been silly hard but its been payin off and learning/speakinganother language and experiencing diff cultures has been too fun
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Majoring in Business hopefully minoring in Sports Management. I want to be an agent.
Stick with business. Sports Management is not what its cracked up to be. You have to work your way up to get to that level. Its a very grueling process from the bottom to top and shows who's made for the industry and who isn't. There were a few SPM majors on NT. If you want info make a thread and ask. The answers might turn you off. You have to be on your grind. My school has one of the premier programs in the country and out of the majority that are in the SPM program only a handful will actually be doing something sports related when its all said and done.
True, but minoring in it won't hurt him. Just know that if you want to make it in that field you have to get involved with one of the sports teams at your university and network early.
True as well. I never discouraged him from pursuing SPM as a minor, I just wanted to let him know the real deal and how its not all Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN. The sports industry is one in which you pay your dues before achieving true success. Networking is very important. If a speaker comes to your class, talk with them for a few minutes after class and exchange info. You might get an internship out of it if you keep tabs with him/her.

Just some more info. if you're wanting to be a sports agent, you're going to need to go to law school.

Major: Respiratory Therapy. Easy job, meet people in time of need and help bring them back to their feet. starting wage 30/hr

Back
Top Bottom