What's your opinion's on Interships?

Reaction score
trying to get an internship, don't know what I'm in for yet, but I'm willing to do one instead of messing with retail right about now, non-paid or not.

I'm thinking it'll open more doors for me later on down the road, and look really good to future employer's on my resume.

Anybody got any experiences with Internships?

trying to get an internship, don't know what I'm in for yet, but I'm willing to do one instead of messing with retail right about now, non-paid or not.

I'm thinking it'll open more doors for me later on down the road, and look really good to future employer's on my resume.

Anybody got any experiences with Internships?

I just had an internship over the summer. I did a LOT of work to be and I enjoyed all 10 weeks. It paid me $2000 for the summer and I gained a lot of valuable contacts. Paid or not look into internships, that networking is very important.

I just had an internship over the summer. I did a LOT of work to be and I enjoyed all 10 weeks. It paid me $2000 for the summer and I gained a lot of valuable contacts. Paid or not look into internships, that networking is very important.

Originally Posted by romedadude

thanks for the advice bro, and yeah, I really don't care if it's paid or unpaid, I just want to see what's it's like.....alot of work is no problem for me, because in the end I'll gain some experience in said field I'm working in and like you said a list of contacts.

retail can wait for now.

Originally Posted by romedadude

thanks for the advice bro, and yeah, I really don't care if it's paid or unpaid, I just want to see what's it's like.....alot of work is no problem for me, because in the end I'll gain some experience in said field I'm working in and like you said a list of contacts.

retail can wait for now.

DEFINITELY need to do a few, especially if the area your studying has a lot of fields you can enter after college.

Internships will show you what you are really interested in, and will give you valuable experience.

DEFINITELY need to do a few, especially if the area your studying has a lot of fields you can enter after college.

Internships will show you what you are really interested in, and will give you valuable experience.

what year of college are you guys in I'm trying to get an internship in during my before my senior year

what year of college are you guys in I'm trying to get an internship in during my before my senior year

only advice i can give is that if it isn't paid, than you should know what work is and is not legal for you to do. there is an article online detailing the criteria necessary for it to be an internship.

only advice i can give is that if it isn't paid, than you should know what work is and is not legal for you to do. there is an article online detailing the criteria necessary for it to be an internship.

They're definitely good. I don't know if you graduated yet, but if you haven't, it's a no-brainer to try to get one, it looks good on your resume and you get experience, your chances of landing a job when you graduate definitely increase. And even if you graduated (like me), especially if you can't find a full-time yet, it's a win-win: you have something to do, and you also polish up your resume. And you get some contacts and connections, possibly to get a new job at the same company. Like right now, I've been interning since July at a company; although it ends this month, I've polished up my resume and they're going to consider me for an open position, don't know if I'll get it yet but I have an inside track to get it because of my internship.

They're definitely good. I don't know if you graduated yet, but if you haven't, it's a no-brainer to try to get one, it looks good on your resume and you get experience, your chances of landing a job when you graduate definitely increase. And even if you graduated (like me), especially if you can't find a full-time yet, it's a win-win: you have something to do, and you also polish up your resume. And you get some contacts and connections, possibly to get a new job at the same company. Like right now, I've been interning since July at a company; although it ends this month, I've polished up my resume and they're going to consider me for an open position, don't know if I'll get it yet but I have an inside track to get it because of my internship.

Get a paid internship, multiple if possible.

If you are trying to get into competitive fields like management consulting, investment banking, big 4 audit. or top industry (Fortune 500/big oil/silicon valley), getting an internship is VERY important. I can not stress this enough. All of the top companies will pay you.

Most companies give Full-time offers to people who do well in their final summer internships as well. Stepping on campus your senior year with a job offer in hand>life. I speak from experience   
pimp.gif

I'd also recommend diversifying your internships. It makes it easier when you are trying to switch industries. Seniors without internship experience get deaded at career fairs
laugh.gif
. You better have a 3.9 GPA or be president and founder of a large organization if you don't plan on interning.

Some of these internships pay very well too. Oil Companies, Investment Banks, and Technology firms all pay their interns very well.

If you are trying to get into competitive fields like management consulting, investment banking, big 4 audit. or top industry (Fortune 500/big oil/silicon valley), getting an internship is VERY important. I can not stress this enough. All of the top companies will pay you.

Most companies give Full-time offers to people who do well in their final summer internships as well. Stepping on campus your senior year with a job offer in hand>life. I speak from experience   
pimp.gif

I'd also recommend diversifying your internships. It makes it easier when you are trying to switch industries. Seniors without internship experience get deaded at career fairs
laugh.gif
. You better have a 3.9 GPA or be president and founder of a large organization if you don't plan on interning.

Some of these internships pay very well too. Oil Companies, Investment Banks, and Technology firms all pay their interns very well.

Originally Posted by acidicality

hope things go well for you man..

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

whoa, I didn't know that, thanks for the insight.

Back
Top Bottom