When did it become ok to steal flows? Vol. Quavo has too many sons

victor page

Banned
Let me preface this by saying I know that the "Migos flow" was not architected by them or any rapper before them. Rhyming in triplets predates what we call Rap in general. However...they popularized it for this current generation so let's just call it "their flow" for the sake of this discussion. I can't seem to scroll through any blog without hearing 100 songs from 100 different rappers using that damn flow. That goes everywhere from lesser known internet popular artists all the way up to well known acts.

When did this **** become OK? Didn't artists used to get called out back in the day for biting flows? What changed?

Take Drake for example. It was cool when he did it on the Versace Remix because he did it on THEIR song. But why is he using the **** on every other song now? We used to clown Hov for using Young Chris' whisper flow...how is this not worse?

This isn't the only example. That accelerated yell flow Meek uses got jacked alot a couple years ago too. Game on "Ali Bomaye" for example. That ***** even jacked Meek's cadence for like a whole verse.

I honestly can't tell a large majority of these new ATL dudes apart. All of them are using this damn flow. 

Last edited:
Nique hit the nail on the head.

People in general have less standards and less of a desire to achieve greatness and originality. As long as you got some guap and some "bad b's" then that makes you that N today :lol:.

You don't have to actually be great or do something innovative. Sad

Pretty much what everybody said ****** just don't care especially if it's a rapper that they already like :lol:

It's one of the reasons I can't really mess with Travis. He has some cool production but it seems like he sounds EXACTLY like either Kanye, Cudi or Future on every track.

And wasn't Ace Hood using that same Meek flow before him?

I honestly can't tell a large majority of these new ATL dudes apart. All of them are using this damn flow. 

:lol: :lol: This. i mean, i do like a good amount of Migos songs, but good lord, does EVERYbody have to start using the same flow? And there's not even any variation. It's like they're just simply doing Migos karaoke. Just back tracking through rap history, nobody was really stealing flows at a rapid rate like that. Shyne and Guerilla Black were the only dudes sounding like Biggie. NOE the only dude sounding like Jay-Z. Ja Rule and 50 Cent got they're style from Tupac, but weren't sounding exactly like them. Everybody seems to want to do exactly like what was happening before, not even being original, nor even putting their own spin on it like ASAP mob or Big KRIT.

Speaking of though....

the segment of fans who care about stuff like that, authenticity, and overall quality in rap is getting smaller. Just the way it is. People simply don't care. I do. But most don't.

Basically. This example is always referenced, but if Rick Ross being exposed amounted to nothing, then there's really free reign to do whatever you want.

sick.gif

i hate this.  

1 song comes out and is really popular and for the next year damn near every song that comes out after that sounds like it.

Remember how crazy it was with A Milli and BMF and now Migos 

it's cool to be a biter now, not just a biter but a blatant one and people fans, (other artists) are ok with it 
mean.gif

this just falls in line with rap being seen as more of a hustle than an artform now

Last edited:
Yep **** look like a copy cat industry now, there's very few real artists that care about their craft. ****** ain't worried about being creative they just wanna make money 

Like when Lex Luger hooked up with Flocka, he said everybody started hitting him up and basically was like **** those other beats you making I want one that sound like that. Then ****** proceeded to run that **** into the ground just like they did with Mustard after Rack City. 

This is actually one of the reasons I give Keef credit now. His whole image/slang/flow was jacked but instead of continuing the same **** he tried to switch it up and be a little more experimental. The music that followed was horrible but at least he was experimenting 
laugh.gif

I will say this tho, the "undeground"/independent/soundcloud side of rap is putting out A LOT of good creative original **** right now

Last edited:
**** is ridiculous. Everybody is using the flow, the same slang, same beats. And it's not just the new ATL dudes, rapper up north are doing the same thing and in this generation it's cool. Rappers used to get called out if they thought you was biting. There's like 10 Future's and 10 Quavo's running around and it's unfortunate cuz I like what Future and Quavo do but it gets watered down when everybody is using their style. The originality is gone. Other than Kendrick and Cole I can't think of any popular rappers that's not jumping on the bandwagon.

Pretty much everything already been stated...

I miss these days :smh:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx3xcDmJ9dE

I remember that Ace Hood/Meek Mill flow being everywhere around 2011

Seems like Jay and Wayne made all this corny **** acceptable, this ***** Wayne get a pass for EVERYTHING

don't forget to add the Big Sean flow/punch lines from a few years ago. Everybody was copying that as well

I'm no Drake hater but if think about it, he's been a perpetrator for so much biting, Phonte->Big Sean->Weeknd->Migos 

People accept it, plain and simple. Drake is the biggest rapper in the game but he's literally jacked every popular flow since he's been out. Everybody was doing the big Sean flow like antidope said above just a few years ago.

No one really cares about the jacking anymore. If it's a hot song, it's a hot song I suppose.

Yep **** look like a copy cat industry now, there's very few real artists that care about their craft. ****** ain't worried about being creative they just wanna make money 

Like when Lex Luger hooked up with Flocka, he said everybody started hitting him up and basically was like **** those other beats you making I want one that sound like that. Then ****** proceeded to run that **** into the ground just like they did with Mustard after Rack City. 

This is actually one of the reasons I give Keef credit now. His whole image/slang/flow was jacked but instead of continuing the same **** he tried to switch it up and be a little more experimental. The music that followed was horrible but at least he was experimenting :lol:  

I will say this tho, the "undeground"/independent/soundcloud side of rap is putting out A LOT of good creative original **** right now

Link me up in a PM or something if you don't mind.

It's one of the reasons I can't really mess with Travis. He has some cool production but it seems like he sounds EXACTLY like either Kanye, Cudi or Future on every track.

I like his production...but he takes Soulja Boy's Shang Tsung ability to a whole mother level.

I feel like I was listening a to a compilation album of like 6 different ****** on that Days to Rodeo project.

Maaaaaaaaaaan how did i forget that weak "Big Sean flow" rampage that went on :smh:. I know somebody did it before Cam'ron, who did it in moderation, but after Big Sean, my goodness, the entire Young Money squad beat that to death. It was awful.

Not giving these biters any excuses, but when every beat these producers make is the same ****** trap beat that's already been heard a million times, there's only so many ways to flow on it.

Back
Top Bottom