When did Modells start selling counterfeit jerseys?

rex ryan

Banned
I went to the Times Square Modells last week and was looking at the Yankee jerseys.  I was looking at the away jerseys and I noticed one of them looked way off, I looked at it closer and realized it was a bootleg.   Had me like
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I told the manager on duty and he tried to argue with me and tell me it was real even though it looked completely off compared to all the legit jerseys. I went back there earlier this week and the bootleg jersey was still there. 

While i'm pretty sure the employees could care less since they make pennies and someone most likely bought a real jersey and returned the fake with the receipt, it's a real bad look that a bootleg jersey is in a chain store like modells especially in one of their bigger locations. it sucks if someone ends up unknowingly buying it.

here's pics of it btw

How is it bootleg, beside the inside tag ( in which authentic baseball jerseys dont have, whats wrong with it?

the stitching is way too thick and the font on the numbering is off. also it felt way lighter then all the legit jerseys next to it.

i'll put it like this if you were to go in there and compare it to all the other road yankee authentics in the rack it was in you would easily be able to notice the difference.

Like you said, looks like someone bought a real authentic and then returned their fake one with the receipt.

Did you show the manager the differences in that jersey compared to the real ones?

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Like you said, looks like someone bought a real authentic and then returned their fake one with the receipt.

Did you show the manager the differences in that jersey compared to the real ones?

i did and dude tried to deny it was fake.  i got a road jeter authentic myself and it's so obvious when you compare the jersey to the others on their shelf.  

it's a bad look for their store though.  someone did the ol switch a roo on them but once i broke it down to them they should've at least put it in the back until they figured things out themselves.

Font's off, MLB logo is off (authentics have the logo as blue, white, light grey), and the embroidery for "NEW YORK" looks suspect too.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Font's off, MLB logo is off (authentics have the logo as blue, white, light grey), and the embroidery for "NEW YORK" looks suspect too.

The one in front of it looks off also then

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Wait...aren't you a Mets fan? What the hell are you doing buying a p.o.s Yankees jersey?

i like derek jeter, i could care less about the yankess though.

to the dudes talkin about the mlb logo on the back, they switched the colors from white navy and red to white navy and grey before the 2010 season. when i was looking at the jerseys they had a mix of the newer jerseys and the older jerseys.

still though, in their biggest store, i've heard something on the jerseycentral facebook page about another store getting fake giants authentics returned to them, and the phillies team store at their stadium having bootleg jerseys that were switched out.

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Originally Posted by briannnnn

The one in front of it looks off also then
The new jerseys do, they old ones have the white, blue and red instead of grey

Im actually an assistant manager at Modell's. But here in Staten Island. I know the managers of that store too. They could care less. But yea like someone said before. We get alot of people who buy jerseys and return fake ones at other locations. For the most part for big returns a manager has to be there. So most of them get caught,atleast in my store. But its really up to cashiers and managers to catch on.

And Modells fallen off....no kidding
roll.gif
. Our sneaker section is horrible. Ive gone to acouple meetings, and there focus is on apparel. Under armour, russell, Nike combat etc. i really think in a few years the sporting goods part of modells will be gone.
30t6p3b.gif

Modell's is hot garbage. 20% discount, 10% if the item is on sale, sneaker selection, most of the workers have a minimum wage attitude, most of the workers have no clue about the product, other than what is spoon fed to them by the clueless managers. I know this because I used to work for them. Thank God I got out of there.
Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

I went to the Times Square Modells last week and was looking at the Yankee jerseys.  I was looking at the away jerseys and I noticed one of them looked way off, I looked at it closer and realized it was a bootleg.   Had me like 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
  They mustve have a full blown conversation on their headsets about you checking out their jerseys.  I'm surprised they didnt think you were trying to steal it, despite the jerseys being on lockdown.

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

Modell's is hot garbage. 20% discount, 10% if the item is on sale, sneaker selection, most of the workers have a minimum wage attitude, most of the workers have no clue about the product, other than what is spoon fed to them by the clueless managers. I know this because I used to work for them. Thank God I got out of there.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
  They mustve have a full blown conversation on their headsets about you checking out their jerseys.  I'm surprised they didnt think you were trying to steal it, despite the jerseys being on lockdown.
roll.gif
...now I know for sure you worked for Modells. Where at??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JayInfamous22

Originally Posted by Mr Rogers

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
...now I know for sure you worked for Modells. Where at??
nerd.gif

Harlem. 
laugh.gif

That one in particular is terrible.  The customers were cool.  I didn't mind breakin' up fights between adults who were quick to pull out a blade on a sucka for bumpin' in to them on accident, or giving fitness advice to fat people who sought advice with a big bucket of Popeye's Chicken in hand.

Get your money man.  But if a similar position at a sneaker store or wherever else opens up, I'd advise you apply for it. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom