When did you first dunk?? (if u can)

My first dunk was in 8th grade..I'll never forget it...I was like 5'10 and I had always told people I could dunk but for some reason I never reallytried it...I think maybe becuz I was afraid to try it and not be able to hahaha...ne ways I was hooping at the this one park with some of my boys...and we justgot done...and this guy that was hoopin with us looked at me and was like "can you dunk"...and I said "yea" all cocky like I'm vincecarter or somethin lol....and I dont know why I didn't see this coming but right after I said yea he was like "lets see it"....and my heartstarted beating so fast cuz there was hella people at the park that i knew and all of them thought I could dunk...so I was trippin cuz I was like dang if I goup and get rim checked or something ima look like a clown...so I grabbed the ball and i was actin like it was nothin on the outside..but inside I was prayingthat I made the dunk...ne ways...I started at about 3 or 4 feet behind where the pro line would be dribbled up and dunk it...It was just a regular one handdunk but I was hella pumped...not really so much that I dunked it but more than I didn't play myself in front of everyone lol...

So when did yall first dunk?

i don't remember my first regulation dunk because of being places with rims that weren't actually 10 feet. but i'll always claim my first dunk atMilbank in Harlem when I was 14.

It was before a rucker game and I had been close for a couple months already so I wasnt really surprised.

I was in between 5'9 and 5'11 no official measurements

grin.gif
lets see some videos, guys.

Anyways, I can't dunk a regulation ball. I can grab rim and lay in a nerf football off my fingertips though
glasses.gif

i was able to grab the rim with 2 hands real easy a while back but was never coordinated enough to do it with a ball in my hand
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Senior year in High School
laugh.gif

I've always been able to grab rim, but always had a hard time throwing it down

I was in PE class and my buddy who was 6'6 was acting a fool and jumping from the free throw line and dunking... I went off the lower block and flew in formy first dunk
smile.gif
Felt relieved bc i been trying for a long time

Summer going into freshman year after a summer league game. We were talking to one of the refs i knew just messing around he he told me where to take off from.Kinda shocked me at first.

I was 15, it was summer before 11th grade. I used to always just slap glass and do that Magic Johnson over the front of the rim finger roll and one day Daniel,who's Rafer Alston's brother btw, asked me why I don't ever dunk. So I tried for the first time ever, went off the backboard over the rim, triedagain and backironed, then tried again and got it on the 3rd time.

End of my Junior year, 16 years old.
Went to the lake with my boys, consumed 12 redbulls with other beverages...
played ball later that night and was dunkin like no other. off the glass alleys reverses. I have never been that great a dunker since that day, but i can stillput down a put back or alleyoop every now and then.

Cliff notes.
Lake
Redbulls, grew wings
Dunks

whos the guy that said he was gonna call a continuation foul when he was takin off from the 3 point line to throw down tomahawk over 4 people in gym class????
laugh.gif

i dunked it with a volleyball in my 8th grade year, but i couldnt put it down with a basketball until 9th grade.

I was a sophomore in high school, I was in tompkins square park the the L.E.S and I was chillin with my boys. We were playing ball and they ask me if I coulddunk and I told them I never tried. So I move to the three point line and ran with the ball. I jumped right before I got to the restricted area off of one footand dunk the ball with one hand. After I dunked it I was mad happy!That was a good day.

sophomore year before the last regular season game. i always knew i could get close but never REALLY tried it. so we were in the layup line and threw one infrom the left side.

Freshman year in College, I was 17 we were playing a game of 21 after practice. I go up for an offensive board realize my hand is over the rim just turned thehand over and put it in. Kinda shocked myself, became addicted after that. Took a few months to start putting it down consistently...

6th grade (5'7). In a game 7th grade (5'9). Consistently in a game 8th grade (5'11). Im 6'5 now. If I can find a pic I'll post it

Freshman year in high school could over dunked before that but i wasnt into basketball

a week before i turned 14, no real story. i was just at the park goofin around and ran up and jammed it

My junior yr, I grew damn near 6inches from 5-5" to 5-11" in the 3 month up into the 1st month of the season. My off guard caught I steal and throughit up ahead I took 2 dribbles and took off with and one handed it.
pimp.gif

I don't even know what made me even attempt it, because I was spriting/rimming out the day before
laugh.gif

I'm 18. Can't dunk regulation, but I can occasionally dunk( 1 out of 5 times) on a goal outside of my complex. i think it's about 9'10

Summer of Freshman year, me and my AAU team were just messing around after practice look me a couple tries but finally threw it down, then I was always tryingto dunk in practice. Then I remember after an open gym for our hs team my soph year we had this real cocky senior who heard I could dunk but didnt believe itso he called me out so I go out on the main hoop lob it of the backboard and two slam it.....he didnt say much after that.
Man this thread and the other one about pic playing high school sports really brings me back I need to find a gym or park around here....anyone from westhollywood area I just moved out here PM me.

Back
Top Bottom