When did you starting feeling old?

I'm 29 now and started feeling old about two years ago. When I was in my early 20s, I remember being able to go out to play basketball without stretching. I just hopped in and played all day. About two years ago I started to feel it really badly the next day. I'm shins, groin and my lower back were all sore. Ever since then I make sure to warm up thoroughly before playing. I can see myself not being able to play basketball at all in the near future, my knees are starting to get sore. Now my knees, elbows and shoulders hurt when I lift weights. It truly is a young man's game. :smh:

You probably feeling it now cuz you didnt stretch before and ice/heat etc after

I'm 29 now and started feeling old about two years ago. When I was in my early 20s, I remember being able to go out to play basketball without stretching. I just hopped in and played all day. About two years ago I started to feel it really badly the next day. I'm shins, groin and my lower back were all sore. Ever since then I make sure to warm up thoroughly before playing. I can see myself not being able to play basketball at all in the near future, my knees are starting to get sore. Now my knees, elbows and shoulders hurt when I lift weights. It truly is a young man's game. :smh:

Learn how to move correctly. Spend the $ and get a thorough evaluation/assessment from a qualified physio and pick their brain. It could be something as simple as your lack of ankle/hip mobility that's messing with your knees. But don't take my word for it. See a physio. Your body is telling you something if you're aching. 29 is not that old.

Most of us move and lift without adequate mobility and then compensate with poor patterns which leads to injury.

Make sure your diet is on point too. Plenty of water and produce. Cut out simple sugars.

The days of endless hoop were :nthat: though.

I dont feel old at all, still get carded for liq here and there even with a full beard.

After i turned 30 in June i noticed a few gray hairs in my beard and a few in my locs, oh well.

Few gray hairs in my beard and my hip pops every now and then

Be in bed by 9:30 during the week and by 11 on weekends :smh:

Barely about to be 20 but im stuck with all kinds of responsibilities while all ny friends are living it up in college partying and acting a fool while im putting in this work 12- 14 hours a day / 6 days a week

Barely about to be 20 but im stuck with all kinds of responsibilities while all ny friends are living it up in college partying and acting a fool while im putting in this work 12- 14 hours a day / 6 days a week

I'd say you're doing the right thing. If I could go back to age 20, I would've spent more time building meaningful relationships and building for the future. Keep it up.

I'd say you're doing the right thing. If I could go back to age 20, I would've spent more time building meaningful relationships and building for the future. Keep it up.
This is some of the most solid advice you'll ever receive young fella, keep grinding. If I could do it over this is what I'd do.

When I hung up my hoopin' shoes for the last time. I play volleyball and pickleball now, fun but not the same.

My joints make noise, it takes a little more time to heal, and I have random soreness/tired muscles sometimes. Other than that, I feel good.

When I experienced a 24 hour hangover. I legitimately thought I was ill. Then it happened again and I realized it was a bad hangover. In my earlier 20s I could go hard all night, sleep a few hours and be good. Not anymore.

When I experienced a 24 hour hangover. I legitimately thought I was ill. Then it happened again and I realized it was a bad hangover. In my earlier 20s I could go hard all night, sleep a few hours and be good. Not anymore.
Yup I can’t party like I used to , recovery time is a couple days :smh:

I've always had old man tendencies, so I've felt relatively "older" than most people my age since I was a kid. Settling into a career, becoming self-sufficient, and getting older in general have done nothing to help that :lol:.

Most weeknights I'm in bed by 9:30 in order to wake up early before work and go to the gym. If nothing's going on on the weekends I'll be in bed at the same exact time in order to get a head start on whatever I need to take care of on Saturday/Sunday.

I still very much enjoy beer, but I know my limitations and when to say "that's enough." I still drink a beer or two 1-2 nights out of the work week, but my weekends are much more mellow nowadays. The hangover is never worth it.

Physically, I'm working my way back to being in peak physical condition. There were times that I couldn't exercise as much as I wanted due to recovery periods from health issues (lung collapsed when I was 25), and there were other times where I let things like partying or depression get in the way of taking care of myself properly. The fact that my metabolism has slowed down has been a blessing and a curse. It's helped my discipline level tremendously, because if I don't keep up with regular exercise/healthy eating I'm gonna look and feel like garbage. I still have some work to do, but I've made a ton of progress over the past year when it comes to getting back to where I once was.

Turning 30 this year was a big milestone, I'm just hoping I can make the best of the upcoming decade.

When I hit 30 and played ball, I knew my body wasn't the same. I had knee pain and wasn't as fluid when playing defense.

It's life man. I'm trying to cut down in weight and get back to shape to play in a rec league. I think I'm close.

IM bout to Ben 27 in December. I still feel good :lol:

Can't lie about balling all day back in your days. I balled one time and the next day sore af. I attribute it more to not playing as much as I used to and just playing randomly, though.

I hit the weights, run, still go out and drink. I feel good :lol:

My moms said when am I giving her grandchildren, though. That one made me think is it time to settle down :lol:

But I'm going to watch Thor this opening Thursday :lol:still feel like a kid.

Back
Top Bottom