When you think about ALL AROUND, quality music.....who comes to mind?

If its not clear what I mean by "all around" quality, I mean quality beats, lyrics, flow... things like that.

When I think of quality, these 5 come to my mind instantly

1010309-drake-portrait-617-409.jpg

the-weeknd-influences.jpeg

cudii.png

rumor-kanye-west-is-moving-to-london-for-his-fashion-design-career-1.jpg

NERD1.jpg

Of course not ALL of their music is amazing, but these are definitely my go to guys now a days. I would put Jay-Z in there, but that's mainly because of Kanye so I'll just leave him out.

Hendrix
Miles Davis
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Arcade Fire
Outkast
The Roots

Each artist (or group in N.E.R.D's case) OP listed has their own playlist in my itunes...

...so apparently I agree with him.
EDIT:

Only two I'd add right now would be Krit and Kendrick...

Currently I would also say Kendrick Lamar and Big K.R.I.T.

JET LIFE!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
ASAP Rocky
Big K.R.I.T.
Drake
J. Cole
Jay-Z
Kanye West
The Weeknd

Kanye West.

No other Hip Hop artist is superior to him when it comes down to the quality of their music.

Right now? No one is ##*%**% with the Weeknd.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Kanye West.

No other Hip Hop artist is superior to him when it comes down to the quality of their music.

Basically.
Drake and Cudi wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for someone like Yeezy... and in turn neither would The Weeknd.

Originally Posted by Based God

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Kanye West.

Basically.
Drake and Cudi wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for someone like Yeezy... and in turn neither would The Weeknd.
Kanye coulda have retired after TCDO and people would still talk about son. His impact isn't even fully appreciated.

A lot of "weed/chill rappers" are pretty consistent: Wiz, Stalley, Currensy, etc.

NERD
Big KRIT

Kanye

Anyone affliated with the Dungeon Family.

Cudi

Phonte (and Foreign Exchange)

Drake

(When it comes to album material: Rick Ross)

Teedra Moses

And when R&B singers...actually do ballads and not dance tracks then: Ne-Yo, Usher, Tank, Miguel, Joe, Tyrese,

Honestly, less and less rap is impressing me these days. This guy Phil Ade is kinda dope though. I'm feeling a lot more chillwave and electronic stuff these days. Toro y moi, Justice, Empire of the Sun, etc.

Just currently, I have to say Big KRIT. To me, nobody (especially newer artists) have that true grit and soul
to their music like he does.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Kanye coulda have retired after TCDO and people would still talk about son. His impact isn't even fully appreciated.
Alot of ppl would have called it a fluke, not many white ppl was on dude until Gold Digger & Heard Em Say came out and personally I think all his albums after just make him a bigger legend.

Back
Top Bottom