Where are the "America caused the Egyptian revolution" conspiracy theorists?

What some people in this thread fail to realize is NOTHING HAS CHANGED. It was in Americas favor for Mubarak to be in office. Thats why there is always a "office" for people like him to be in. All the U.S. has to dictate is the "form" of government. The economy and the revolting of citizens are inevitable consequences of ill-advised actions.

PEOPLE SPEAK AS IF AMERICA RUNS THE WORLD WHEN THATS NOT THE CASE. AMERICA IS JUST THE CURRENT EMPIRE ALLOWED TO WALK OVER ANY OTHER NATION BECAUSE WE WERE CHOSEN, OUR ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE WILL CERTAINLY BE OUR DEMISE

PEOPLE SPEAK AS IF AMERICA RUNS THE WORLD WHEN THATS NOT THE CASE. AMERICA IS JUST THE CURRENT EMPIRE ALLOWED TO WALK OVER ANY OTHER NATION BECAUSE WE WERE CHOSEN, OUR ARROGANCE AND IGNORANCE WILL CERTAINLY BE OUR DEMISE

Hosni Mubarak was an ally of the US, so it would not have been in America's best interest to have this revolution happen.
Plus, the US is not going to want anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.
laugh.gif

Hosni Mubarak was an ally of the US, so it would not have been in America's best interest to have this revolution happen.
Plus, the US is not going to want anything to do with the Muslim Brotherhood.
laugh.gif

Not again man, seriously the guys in here have no idea what they are talking about. Just because you watched a little bit of news and read some articles all of a sudden everyone is an expert on middle east politics. With the exception of one person in this thread who here is FROM the Middle East? 
The reason I ask that is because this way beyond GDP and stats and all that garbage. People just want freedom. Arabs in general just want freedom. The money all that oil wealth is nothing once its all gone. Look at Bahrain, someone mentioned earlier they are among the top 20 countries of high GDP, yet the people are revolting. 

Really guys it might be hard for you  to fathom the situation over there or the lifestyle in the Arab states. Never the less, enjoy the weak and extreme American angles that will be brought in this thread.

Not again man, seriously the guys in here have no idea what they are talking about. Just because you watched a little bit of news and read some articles all of a sudden everyone is an expert on middle east politics. With the exception of one person in this thread who here is FROM the Middle East? 
The reason I ask that is because this way beyond GDP and stats and all that garbage. People just want freedom. Arabs in general just want freedom. The money all that oil wealth is nothing once its all gone. Look at Bahrain, someone mentioned earlier they are among the top 20 countries of high GDP, yet the people are revolting. 

Really guys it might be hard for you  to fathom the situation over there or the lifestyle in the Arab states. Never the less, enjoy the weak and extreme American angles that will be brought in this thread.

Originally Posted by OnTheNephs

I don't believe anyone was arguing against the EGYPTIAN/AFRICAN revolt, but instead debating the reasoning, consequences, and beneficiary of it. Plus why would I have to be from the "middle-east" to understand its politics?

I don't believe anyone was arguing against the EGYPTIAN/AFRICAN revolt, but instead debating the reasoning, consequences, and beneficiary of it. Plus why would I have to be from the "middle-east" to understand its politics?

It was a combination of inflation and the long term effects of arepressive government. When people can barely afford to feed their families and job opportunities are scarce, political unrest is inevitable unless the government institutes some kind of price controls on daily necessities. While most of us don't feel the effects of inflation, the global economy is getting hit hard. The price of rice alone has jumped 40% in some parts of the world, and has doubled in other areas.

Was America involved? Absolutely. The excess liquidity caused by QE2 is the root cause of global inflation.

It was a combination of inflation and the long term effects of arepressive government. When people can barely afford to feed their families and job opportunities are scarce, political unrest is inevitable unless the government institutes some kind of price controls on daily necessities. While most of us don't feel the effects of inflation, the global economy is getting hit hard. The price of rice alone has jumped 40% in some parts of the world, and has doubled in other areas.

Was America involved? Absolutely. The excess liquidity caused by QE2 is the root cause of global inflation.

I agree with CT's sarcasm (even though he once said that I was a McCain supporter, smh). These rebellions are not in the American State's short run interests, the CIA is not behind the unrest. When you have a country where its public "servants" are billionaires and its masses live on two dollars a day, you will have a lot of unhappy people. When you have millions of young adults, especially young males with college degrees with no jobs or with menial jobs, you will have popular unrest.

In the US or Egypt or Bahrain or anywhere else, you cannot expect well educated young men to become, en masse, cannon fodder or worker drones to gloridy the state and/or corporatist economies. You reap what you sow and people at the head of an unhealthy state will eventually feel the pain in one form or another. Considering how inept Joe Biden is, I hope that Barack Obama enjoys good health and long life atleast until 2013 we can have a better head of State. Until such time I hope that we can do better than the Arab states are doing but hopefully 2011 and 2012 will not be so terrible as to draw people into the streets.

I wish my fellow human beings, who are Arabs, the best. Good luck on your road to self determination. My countrymen want to buy your oil so get your political house in order and please keep selling us your oil, no matter who is in charge there. May Allah help you as you crave out a new political destiny.

I agree with CT's sarcasm (even though he once said that I was a McCain supporter, smh). These rebellions are not in the American State's short run interests, the CIA is not behind the unrest. When you have a country where its public "servants" are billionaires and its masses live on two dollars a day, you will have a lot of unhappy people. When you have millions of young adults, especially young males with college degrees with no jobs or with menial jobs, you will have popular unrest.

In the US or Egypt or Bahrain or anywhere else, you cannot expect well educated young men to become, en masse, cannon fodder or worker drones to gloridy the state and/or corporatist economies. You reap what you sow and people at the head of an unhealthy state will eventually feel the pain in one form or another. Considering how inept Joe Biden is, I hope that Barack Obama enjoys good health and long life atleast until 2013 we can have a better head of State. Until such time I hope that we can do better than the Arab states are doing but hopefully 2011 and 2012 will not be so terrible as to draw people into the streets.

I wish my fellow human beings, who are Arabs, the best. Good luck on your road to self determination. My countrymen want to buy your oil so get your political house in order and please keep selling us your oil, no matter who is in charge there. May Allah help you as you crave out a new political destiny.

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

Was America involved? Absolutely. The excessE liquidity caused by QE2 is the root cause of global inflation.
Once again, people are giving too much credit to America
laugh.gif

Food inflation in Egypt was 20% a full 2-years before the economic crisis so how exactly did the global recession (which was partly caused by the U.S.) lead to this revolt? What people are forgetting is that many countries such as Egypt were dirt poor even years before "America caused this global crisis".

Then, you have to look around the region and see that people are not protesting solely due to economic grievances. Bahrain is a striking example of this and while I'm not 100% sure, I think that Libyans are fairly well off compared to other countries in the region.

Back to economics for a second...Egypt has sold off many state assets over the past 5-10 years and have introduced increasingly neoliberal economic policies which has ATTRACTED foreign investment. The increased foreign investment into the country is one of the reasons why the country's GDP has actually grown during this crisis. For many it is a no brainer to invest their money in Egypt. Relatively low corporate taxes, not as much red tape as before, 80 million consumers, roughly 10 million tourists a year, and perhaps most important of all, dirt cheap cost of living and labor costs. As many analysts have pointed out, there has virtually been no "trickle down effect" despite the country's increasing GDP and that is because the people at the top have been fattening their pockets while workers continue to make extremely low wages. Egypt's neoliberal economic policies have benefited the West including the U.S. Further, Hosni Mubarak was the U.S.'s #1 Arab and Muslim ally for 30-years not just because of his relationship with Israel but because he sent troops to fight Iraq in the Gulf War and he's long taken a hard stance against all Muslim political and social organizations due to fears of Islamic terrorism. So why exactly would the U.S. have wanted Hosni to leave and for a new democratic government in Egypt to emerge that would upset the status quo?

As for people that say "nothing has changed" and the current Egyptian leadership is composed of U.S. puppets, I agree but I want to make two points about this. First, the fact that many of those in charge are U.S. allies does not prove the point that the U.S. wanted this - or other - revolutions in the region to happen. Secondly, revolutions do not happen over night and its simply unrealistic to think a group of people that have led a country for many decades (I'm talking about Mubarak, the NDP and the military) will simply disappear overnight. Egypt is taking positive steps at the moment and the military have set the timetable for transition (constitutional amendments within 2 months, parliamentary and presidential elections within 6 months). If the elections turn out to be free and democratic then the U.S. will have little say in who composes Egypt's new government.

Was America involved? Absolutely. The excessE liquidity caused by QE2 is the root cause of global inflation.
laugh.gif

Food inflation in Egypt was 20% a full 2-years before the economic crisis so how exactly did the global recession (which was partly caused by the U.S.) lead to this revolt? What people are forgetting is that many countries such as Egypt were dirt poor even years before "America caused this global crisis".

Then, you have to look around the region and see that people are not protesting solely due to economic grievances. Bahrain is a striking example of this and while I'm not 100% sure, I think that Libyans are fairly well off compared to other countries in the region.

Back to economics for a second...Egypt has sold off many state assets over the past 5-10 years and have introduced increasingly neoliberal economic policies which has ATTRACTED foreign investment. The increased foreign investment into the country is one of the reasons why the country's GDP has actually grown during this crisis. For many it is a no brainer to invest their money in Egypt. Relatively low corporate taxes, not as much red tape as before, 80 million consumers, roughly 10 million tourists a year, and perhaps most important of all, dirt cheap cost of living and labor costs. As many analysts have pointed out, there has virtually been no "trickle down effect" despite the country's increasing GDP and that is because the people at the top have been fattening their pockets while workers continue to make extremely low wages. Egypt's neoliberal economic policies have benefited the West including the U.S. Further, Hosni Mubarak was the U.S.'s #1 Arab and Muslim ally for 30-years not just because of his relationship with Israel but because he sent troops to fight Iraq in the Gulf War and he's long taken a hard stance against all Muslim political and social organizations due to fears of Islamic terrorism. So why exactly would the U.S. have wanted Hosni to leave and for a new democratic government in Egypt to emerge that would upset the status quo?

As for people that say "nothing has changed" and the current Egyptian leadership is composed of U.S. puppets, I agree but I want to make two points about this. First, the fact that many of those in charge are U.S. allies does not prove the point that the U.S. wanted this - or other - revolutions in the region to happen. Secondly, revolutions do not happen over night and its simply unrealistic to think a group of people that have led a country for many decades (I'm talking about Mubarak, the NDP and the military) will simply disappear overnight. Egypt is taking positive steps at the moment and the military have set the timetable for transition (constitutional amendments within 2 months, parliamentary and presidential elections within 6 months). If the elections turn out to be free and democratic then the U.S. will have little say in who composes Egypt's new government.

Don't generalize now.
I'm from the Middle East, traveled it far and wide, and am an expert on Middle Eastern affairs. 
pimp.gif

Seeing the turn this thread is taking, the "racism" (NT'rs never get bored of this one
laugh.gif
) in Egypt and elsewhere is universal. The same exact scenario is found in just about every region in the world with the lighter = better. It's even found right here in the US. Don't try to overblow this based on a few articles you've read when in reality Islamic culture was on the vanguard of equality when it comes to race relations. It's been my experience that by and large color in the Middle East, ESPECIALLY in Egypt, is no where near as much of a "problem" as the sensationalist pieces of "journalism" make it out to be. Why not start another thread and discuss this issue as it pertains to the everywhere from the US, Africa, South America, India to the Pacific Islands and beyond instead of attempting to hijack this thread and turn it into a race debate about how Blacks are oppressed, complete with pictures of pyramids, corporate logos, and annunaki sanskrit 
grin.gif

--

To the original topic, economic shifts obviously have an impact on all global economies, but to think this was calculated or that it was the root cause of the revolts and to ignore the domestic problems plaguing these countries for decades is just stupid. China should overtake the US in economic power pretty shortly, military power and global influence will not be far behind. It will be interesting to see how this impacts the Middle East when China starts throwing its weight around just like it has been in Sudan (Darfur genocide anyone ?)  

Bottom line is the US/Israel/"Illuminati" are on the decline in terms of power. It's a slow descent, but there's no denying that it is already well under way. This is a good thing for everyone if you ask me. Note: I'm obviously not happy about the US sinking domestically, there is a clear difference.

On the topic of Egypt's "change"... http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...NA8U8A?docId=58b5e42be5224654bbc554ef5c80cdce 
roll.gif

Egypt supplies about 40 percent of Israel's natural gas which is used to produce electricity. In December, four Israeli firms signed 20-year contracts worth up to US$10 billion to import Egyptian gas.

Shameless. I don't think the elections will change this either. Selling discounted gas to a terrorist regime. Stay classy, Egypt.

Don't generalize now.
I'm from the Middle East, traveled it far and wide, and am an expert on Middle Eastern affairs. 
pimp.gif

Seeing the turn this thread is taking, the "racism" (NT'rs never get bored of this one
laugh.gif
) in Egypt and elsewhere is universal. The same exact scenario is found in just about every region in the world with the lighter = better. It's even found right here in the US. Don't try to overblow this based on a few articles you've read when in reality Islamic culture was on the vanguard of equality when it comes to race relations. It's been my experience that by and large color in the Middle East, ESPECIALLY in Egypt, is no where near as much of a "problem" as the sensationalist pieces of "journalism" make it out to be. Why not start another thread and discuss this issue as it pertains to the everywhere from the US, Africa, South America, India to the Pacific Islands and beyond instead of attempting to hijack this thread and turn it into a race debate about how Blacks are oppressed, complete with pictures of pyramids, corporate logos, and annunaki sanskrit 
grin.gif

--

To the original topic, economic shifts obviously have an impact on all global economies, but to think this was calculated or that it was the root cause of the revolts and to ignore the domestic problems plaguing these countries for decades is just stupid. China should overtake the US in economic power pretty shortly, military power and global influence will not be far behind. It will be interesting to see how this impacts the Middle East when China starts throwing its weight around just like it has been in Sudan (Darfur genocide anyone ?)  

Bottom line is the US/Israel/"Illuminati" are on the decline in terms of power. It's a slow descent, but there's no denying that it is already well under way. This is a good thing for everyone if you ask me. Note: I'm obviously not happy about the US sinking domestically, there is a clear difference.

On the topic of Egypt's "change"... http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...NA8U8A?docId=58b5e42be5224654bbc554ef5c80cdce 
roll.gif

Egypt supplies about 40 percent of Israel's natural gas which is used to produce electricity. In December, four Israeli firms signed 20-year contracts worth up to US$10 billion to import Egyptian gas.

Shameless. I don't think the elections will change this either. Selling discounted gas to a terrorist regime. Stay classy, Egypt.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif

As for people that say "nothing has changed" and the current Egyptian leadership is composed of U.S. puppets, I agree but I want to make two points about this. First, the fact that many of those in charge are U.S. allies does not prove the point that the U.S. wanted this - or other - revolutions in the region to happen. Secondly, revolutions do not happen over night and its simply unrealistic to think a group of people that have led a country for many decades (I'm talking about Mubarak, the NDP and the military) will simply disappear overnight. Egypt is taking positive steps at the moment and the military have set the timetable for transition (constitutional amendments within 2 months, parliamentary and presidential elections within 6 months). If the elections turn out to be free and democratic then the U.S. will have little say in who composes Egypt's new government. t

I'm not saying that the United States completed orchestrated this uprising, only that they played a point in it. You talk about GDP and foreign investment as if it has any effect on the every day life of Egyptian citizens. GDP has increased over the past couple years in Egypt, but unemployment has managed to still stay around the 30% range.the

If you look at what inherently causes uprising throughout history, you'll find that repression plus a lack of economic opportunity is what causes people to revolt. To say that the US had no effect on the economic well being of millions of Egyptian citizens after QE2 is naive. Look up the data on food price increases since the release of QE2.

If you don't believe that QE2 has had an effect on food prices world wide then look up some stats.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif

As for people that say "nothing has changed" and the current Egyptian leadership is composed of U.S. puppets, I agree but I want to make two points about this. First, the fact that many of those in charge are U.S. allies does not prove the point that the U.S. wanted this - or other - revolutions in the region to happen. Secondly, revolutions do not happen over night and its simply unrealistic to think a group of people that have led a country for many decades (I'm talking about Mubarak, the NDP and the military) will simply disappear overnight. Egypt is taking positive steps at the moment and the military have set the timetable for transition (constitutional amendments within 2 months, parliamentary and presidential elections within 6 months). If the elections turn out to be free and democratic then the U.S. will have little say in who composes Egypt's new government. t

I'm not saying that the United States completed orchestrated this uprising, only that they played a point in it. You talk about GDP and foreign investment as if it has any effect on the every day life of Egyptian citizens. GDP has increased over the past couple years in Egypt, but unemployment has managed to still stay around the 30% range.the

If you look at what inherently causes uprising throughout history, you'll find that repression plus a lack of economic opportunity is what causes people to revolt. To say that the US had no effect on the economic well being of millions of Egyptian citizens after QE2 is naive. Look up the data on food price increases since the release of QE2.

If you don't believe that QE2 has had an effect on food prices world wide then look up some stats.

Originally Posted by south sole

[h1]The Arab world's dirty secret[/h1][h6]By Mona Eltahawy[/h6][h6]
[/h6][h6]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/opinion/10iht-edeltahawy.1.18556273.html?_r=2&src=tp[/h6][h6]
[/h6][h6]
[/h6]
No surprise.

That goes for a lot of Eastern parts of the world. Over here in the West, the immigrants will cry racism and discrimination, yet back home or in their own homes they spew racism against other minorities, especially when it comes to black skinned individuals.

Originally Posted by south sole

[h1]The Arab world's dirty secret[/h1][h6]By Mona Eltahawy[/h6][h6]
[/h6][h6]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/opinion/10iht-edeltahawy.1.18556273.html?_r=2&src=tp[/h6][h6]
[/h6][h6]
[/h6]
No surprise.

That goes for a lot of Eastern parts of the world. Over here in the West, the immigrants will cry racism and discrimination, yet back home or in their own homes they spew racism against other minorities, especially when it comes to black skinned individuals.

Back
Top Bottom