WHERE DO YOU STAND ? QUALITY or QUANTITY

it is not really quality over quantity, its rarity over shoes that are less rare. for me i don't like the eminem ivs i think the black lasers look way better. yeezys and south beaches are not any of my favorites either. i mean i like the entourage or cool greys over the south beach.

No way in hell I take the eminem iv's over all of those. Bin ix's already up to $900
#45 x's for 10 grand? I love Jordan, but it's a limit many people pay for sneakers. So selling may not be an easy task..... I'm glad Chicago x's are releasing next year.....just hope they are done right for the beast can sit on their deteriorating og's for $2,000.
Em 4s are sneakers that jb could possibly release similarly later on just like the rest. At least with many more sneakers you won't be too hurt over losing out on hundreds, instead of thousands if something of that magnitude or a crack happens to that one special pair.

expensive and limited =/= quality

i buy what i want to wear and i wear all that i buy. will never EVER spend more than 300 for a pair of shoes.

I'll say quality.

But I'm looking at it from the "Back in my day we had to wait half a year for a dope (limited) release. Nowadays fire drops 1-2 times a month" OG perspective.

Scarcity is what made JB special to me...

I'd choose quantity if for nothing else just to have some variety I actually wear my shoes i try not to wear them out and take good care of them but at the end of the day they are still being worn I'm pretty sure the guy with 1000 10000 or whatever dollar amount is NOT un ds them lol

btw this is an excellent thread...a lot more thought provoking than the same old "THE QUALITY ON THESE 3s IS TERRIBLE" "OMGGG PAINT CHIPPING" smh

Originally Posted by riddla713

your asking would you take quality over quantity but it seems like your asking would you take quantity over exclusiveness. alot of those shoes that you have pictured for quantity have very good quality, in the end i would def take the quantity shoes over the limited exclusive shoes.   
im with you mate
wink.gif

some of the shoes listed although a GR sold out and hold their own in the I to XX3 list. I always buy what i like, the Titanium XX3 , yes its rare and exclusive, but i wouldnt trade my Bordeaux VII's for them, as i like my Bordeaux VII's more
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Vuey

your asking would you take quality over quantity but it seems like your asking would you take quantity over exclusiveness. alot of those shoes that you have pictured for quantity have very good quality, in the end i would def take the quantity shoes over the limited exclusive shoes.   
im with you mate
wink.gif

some of the shoes listed although a GR sold out and hold their own in the I to XX3 list. I always buy what i like, the Titanium XX3 , yes its rare and exclusive, but i wouldnt trade my Bordeaux VII's for them, as i like my Bordeaux VII's more
tongue.gif

seriuosly..? if someone offered you a 1on1 straight up trade titaniums for your bordeaux you wouldt do it..? coz with the $$ you can get by selling the titaniums you can like grab 5 pairs of bordeaux

Originally Posted by lightning

Originally Posted by Vuey

im with you mate
wink.gif

tongue.gif

seriuosly..? if someone offered you a 1on1 straight up trade titaniums for your bordeaux you wouldt do it..? coz with the $$ you can get by selling the titaniums you can like grab 5 pairs of bordeaux
to be honest, there is not really a "re-sell" market here in Australia for shoes, even if i had a pair i think i would struggle to get $500 for them.

Im not the type to "re-sell" , i buy them, because i like them, not because websites and magazines hype them up. For example i passed on the Cool Grey XI's late last year, as i just didnt really like the look of them/colourway. As i already have a VNDS pair of OG Bred XI.

As for buying 5 pairs of Bordeaux, i only ever buy one pair of any release, regardless if its limited or not, that way, i appreciate them alot more and look after them. my jordan collection is only about 30 pairs, but i love each pair in it. I do buy different colourways of shoes that i like (flint XIII, red/white XIII).

I would have quantity over quality (depending on the definition of quality) or it could be vise/versa. Quality could be that the shoes was made with certain materials. Or quality could mean extremely limited. I'm not really big on extremely limited stuff. But at the same time I do like shoes to be made with the best material/correct shape.

For example, I would not trade/sell a 2000 concord 11 + 2000 space jam 11 + 2001 black/red 11 + 2001 columbia 11 + 2004 black/red 13 for a pair of titantium 23's because all sneakers had great quality. But I would trade/sell 2 pairs of 2010 cool grey 11's for a pair of 2001 cool grey 11's because of the better quality of the 2001 pair.

I find it difficult to trade several sneakers that you considered heat for that one exclusive/rare sneaker that is also heat. 

How about this

quality over quantity example:

01 blk/rd XI > cdpXI, 09XI

00 infra6 > infrapack, detroit vi, olymp vi, lakers vi

99 ajIV > mars, cdp4, military

quantity over quality example:

wolf grey v, cdp v, toro pack > BIN 5

bord7, cardinal7 > YOTR 7

charcIX, uncIX, blk/whtIX > BIN 9

How about this

charcIX, uncIX, blk/whtIX > BIN (

Originally Posted by taivan

How about this

charcIX, uncIX, blk/whtIX > BIN 9
Aww man, I was with you until you said the YOTR 7's! I'd easily take a pair of those > Bord7 and the Cardinals!!! But again, this entire subject is totally subjective towards someone's tastes/preference.  There's really no right/wrong answer here.

You should change the name to expensive vs less expensive group,not all limiteds are quality. But that group of kicks with the Bins i would definitely take over the Eminem 4s any day. The Bin series is really superb when it comes to quality. Now if you were to put up OGs against retros kind of like those Chicago xs vs other pairs i would go with the Ogs. The argument kind of lost itself somewhere and just became a bunch of shoe pics

Originally Posted by SpaceJam23s

You should change the name to expensive vs less expensive group,not all limiteds are quality. But that group of kicks with the Bins i would definitely take over the Eminem 4s any day. The Bin series is really superb when it comes to quality. Now if you were to put up OGs against retros kind of like those Chicago xs vs other pairs i would go with the Ogs. The argument kind of lost itself somewhere and just became a bunch of shoe pics

The first thing I thought looking at this post was someone drank too much caffeine. SJ23 is right though, just because a pair is more expensive doesn't mean it's better quality. Those MM 4's are expensive because only 50 pairs were made. I think it's a good looking shoe but I've never touched a pair to judge if it's actually of a better quality.

I think Jordan quality overall is horrible so my quantity of Jordan purchases lately is almost 0 pairs. I decided that even though I truly enjoy some of the designs of Jordans I refuse to line the pockets of a company that doesn't care about putting out a quality product. Jordan wants designer label prices with an inferior quality product.

I wish Michael Jordan would use the same competitive spirit that made him such a great ball player to make shoes of a better quality than the rest. Wishful thinking!

I'll take a quantity of quality shoes. There are a few "limited" kicks that I would like to have but I won't sell my collection for em.

I'd take quality retros. At $150+ it shouldn't be a problem since the shoes are made in China and cost pennies to make!

Originally Posted by babyJs23

Today... it's all about quantity over quality. Many people only buy Jays just to have the most in their collection than the other person. Most don't even wear their Jays and still complain about quality
30t6p3b.gif

For me it's about quality and what I want to buy. If they fit comfortably and I like the way they look on me, then I am happy.

QFT 

I would say after 50 pairs of sneakers YOU CAN WEAR EVERYDAY. 
You could start copping them grails and get bitc...girls.

Back
Top Bottom