Where does everyone hear about mixtape releases?

Home > News > Mixtape Release Dates: Jadakiss, Asher Roth, Waka Flocka Flame, JD Era

[h1]Mixtape Release Dates: Jadakiss, Asher Roth, Waka Flocka Flame, JD Era[/h1]
by Kathy Iandoli

posted September 05, 2011 at 9:30AM EDT | 8 comments

Bond_Money_304x304.jpg

Young Buck's "Bond Money" moves from a definite release to no said date, as Asher Roth, Jadakiss, Waka Flocka Flame and a few others announce some mixtapes in the pipeline.

This week, some surprise mixtapes dropped, while new ones were announced with no real release dates attached. Seems like nowadays, mixtapes are dropping when rappers feel like it, not necessarily on a set schedule. Take Young Jeezy, whose TM 103 precursor tape "The Real Is Back 2" dropped randomly late Friday night/Saturday morning (September 2nd). CyHi Da Prynce dropped a follow-up to his "Royal Flush" mixtape titled "Jack Of All Trades." Some free albums hit the ground running too, as Diamond District's Uptown XO dropped "Monumental II" along with The-Dream's "1977" mixtape.

This week, DJ Holiday will deliver "Holiday Season Vol. 4" and Jay Sean will deliver "The Mistress" as well. Some cuts have leaked, including the title track [img]http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/play_button_article_blk.gif[/img]. Other mixtape announcements have been made, as Jadakiss plans to drop "Top 5 Dead Or Alive." A track named "Grind" [img]http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/play_button_article_blk.gif[/img] set the internet on fire last week, announcing the project, which was originally supposed to be the title of Kiss' new album. Asher Roth plans to drop a new mixtape called "Paps and Jazz" in anticipation of his sophomore album Is This Too Orange? formerly titled The Spaghetti Tree. In other news, Waka Flocka Flame plans to drop Vol. 3 of his "Lebron Flocka James" series. There's a lot to look forward to, and it can arrive at any minute.

Late Pass

Young Jeezy – “The Real Is Back 2

I hear about a lot of tapes on NT, but outside that most my friends are big into music so they keep me relevant, and I browse Datpiff one-two times a week for less popular tapes that may interest me

Back
Top Bottom