Where does Lennox Lewis ranked among all time heavyweights or Boxers of his era?

What are yall thoughts on Lennox Lewis? Was he a great boxer? Overrrated? i watch alot of his fights and he seem to be very smart and skill boxer. It seems the issue with him was that he wasnt American and people tend to use it against him.

What yall thoughts.

I think i would rank him higher because i started watching boxing around the later 80s early 90s 89-90. I cant go back in the 60s, 70s or early 80s boxers because i didnt watch them. I saw Foreman, Tyson,Bowe, Hassian,Vilta, and etc.

I think he gets overlookedWith his length and smarts, I would have liked to see him vs a younger Tyson

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Highly underrated in the grand scheme of things.
Yup.  Top 10 HW's for me.  Where he'd go, I never really thought about it.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I think he gets overlooked With his length and smarts, I would have liked to see him vs a younger Tyson

I think Lennox would did Tyson like Busta Douglas did him. Lennox length and size would of give Tyson problems. Along with Lennox Boxing smarts

Originally Posted by bleach

of his era he was the best

all time he gets extremely overlooked

To add...He's the best of his era because he peaked in the heavyweight division at a time when that class was weakening considerably. Holyfield and Tyson were both well past their primes.

I think this is the reason he's underrated too. He reigned supreme in a lackluster era, so people don't give him enough credit. I think he'd hold his own and probably win against a lot of the all-time greats.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by bleach

of his era he was the best

all time he gets extremely overlooked

To add...He's the best of his era because he peaked in the heavyweight division at a time when that class was weakening considerably. Holyfield and Tyson were both well past their primes.

I think this is the reason he's underrated too. He reigned supreme in a lackluster era, so people don't give him enough credit. I think he'd hold his own and probably win against a lot of the all-time greats.

Lennox was 36 when he fought Tyson. Tyson was 35. This is really an interesting topic though. I think he is well-overlooked.

^ Not what I'm saying. Whether Lennox was in his prime or not is beside the point. He HELD the title at a time when the Heavyweight division was on the decline. He just happened to be the better of the older folks. Had he had these same fights when all were in their prime, the results may have been different.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Not what I'm saying. Whether Lennox was in his prime or not is beside the point. He HELD the title at a time when the Heavyweight division was on the decline. He just happened to be the better of the older folks. Had he had these same fights when all were in their prime, the results may have been different.
I cant see Tyson beating him, if they both in their prime. I think Holyfield would of beat him once if they both was in their prime. I think Vitali give lewis all he could handle. If Lewis wouldnt of cut his eye real bad. Vitali would of beaten up for a 2nd time.

he could of been better then what he was. never was a fan of dude tho

i was watching the lewis VS Vitail fight a few days ago..... lewis was getting his +%! BEAT and was lucky they had to stop the fight from the cut.

Back
Top Bottom