Where have all the action movie stars gone? vol. expendable

truthgetsbusy

Banned
Arnold, van Damme, Norris, segal, Wesley snipes, stallone. All we have are old guys like dude from Taken, Jason bourne, and Jason statham. Other than that the genre is gone. Vin diesel? C'Mon he's a joke. All our action movies are fictional superheros or running around in Europe (taken, every Jason statham movie). That's why kids out here wearing skinny jeans they need more action stars to look up to.

I'm willing to bet a lot of actors don't want to get typecast now. I mean it still happens (Michael Cera). To think about it, there doesn't seem to be many action (non superhero or scifi) movies now. Then again, maybe it hasn't changed much and because we are more aware now it just seems that way. Maybe in a decade or two they'll be plenty of films the newer generation will look back on and be similar to how we see the classic action movies that we have now.

The Rock is the man.

It's hard for me to believe some of the characters Liam Neeson plays. His old self stays murking people in those Taken movies :rolleyes.

Last edited:
Arnold, van Damme, Norris, segal, Wesley snipes, stallone. All we have are old guys like dude from Taken, Jason bourne, and Jason statham. Other than that the genre is gone. Vin diesel? C'Mon he's a joke. All our action movies are fictional superheros or running around in Europe (taken, every Jason statham movie). That's why kids out here wearing skinny jeans they need more action stars to look up to.

its just not the right "time" for action movies. Hollywood goes through phases. Buddy cop movies of the 80's, 1 man armies etc. The comic book phase is in now, as others already said. If hollywood deems a genre to be not profitable, itll just vanish.

Also it has to do with actors as well. Take channing tatum for example. Sure he cant act, but he could be a passable action movie star if he wanted to. Instead, he produces and stars in Magic Mike

Last edited:
still wondering why liam hemsworth is in expendables 2.. too bad that jackie chan couldnt join.. someone on NT told me that chinese government doesnt want him to play a bad guy in movies...

im just waiting for segal in the 3rd expendables. ive been looking more forward to the expendables 2 than dark knight. i know its all shooting and no story line, but i grew up on that and i enjoy that type of movie the most.

I WANT MORE ACTION MOVIES! No romo but this generation needs that. Everything is fiction/fantasy there's no real guys kicking ****. Man Van Damme was that dude! Jackie Chan did his own stunts. We don't even have a good Asian hero anymore Bruce, bolo, Jackie, jet Li, now who? Ip man? I guess Hollywood just not feeling it right now.

I WANT MORE ACTION MOVIES! No romo but this generation needs that. Everything is fiction/fantasy there's no real guys kicking ****. Man Van Damme was that dude! Jackie Chan did his own stunts. We don't even have a good Asian hero anymore Bruce, bolo, Jackie, jet Li, now who? Ip man? I guess Hollywood just not feeling it right now.

Tony Jaa is a bad *** dude.... maybe he can be the next martial arts star

Tony Jaa is a bad *** dude.... maybe he can be the next martial arts star

Not happening. Tony Jaa be on some more ish. He wants to meditate in the jungles of Thailand for 3 months in the middle of shooting.

The true action movie died along with the R rated movie. Plus what acter ever won an Emmy or Academy Award for best actor...in an action movie?

The future.... 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

devil.gif

because the "macho man" bruce willis type actors isnt what hollywood is pushing anymore.

too many teenage boys growing up efemanized by society that they dont look up to these guys no more like out older brothers did in the 80s and 90s

Back
Top Bottom