Where have all the OG Niketalk members gone?

ditto :lol: i been on NT since 06-07. I remember when the legit check forum was full of spongebob dub zero's and wild colored jordans :lol: dudes couldnt even tell differences of fakes back then :smh: now everyone and their mothers sneaker experts and collectors..

Not OG. Or even "sorta"-OG.

Last edited:
Do you guys still buy kicks?

I scaled back like crazy, but I was blowing crazy amounts on sneakers back then :smh:

I don't know if it was La Femme, but I vividly remember a girl NT'er that was going to try for 3K posts in one month.

I started out in JB forum but eventually made my way to the General forum right around the time that girl was going for the 3K posts in one month I don't know if any of you guys remember that.

I lurked for a long time though I would just read threads in the JB forum about releases and that was it then started venturing to the other forums... I think I got bored of JB and was just clicking around and that's how I got hooked :smh:

Good times though 8)

Not sure how many knew but they had an OG Summit last weekend witha bunch of people from Vegas and Norcal, I missed it because I got the wrong date smh at me

I go back to 2002, it's amazing how much changes have gone on from different boards to the change in sneakers hype

Still love this place though

I heard we lost many to the Great Twitter Migration of 2009, when they went off to chase Catfish Yambs.

I also know many who haven't logged off since the Yuku switch. Shoutout to the members who went Kamikaze by posting n00dz and pr0n pics to get banned during that transfer.

Everyone's still around. Just not as much as we used to be.
nerd.gif
whoaaa, THIS guy

R.I.P.

I won't even get on the cliche old man soap box, but it is what it is. I am proud to be an early member of this sitea and apart of the culture back when Mike actually played ball. This stuff these days is a joke....the pinnacle of the "fad menality" is approaching and it will bottom out sooner than later.

Haven't bought a pair of Jordans since 2003-2004. Once the quality spiked and the price started to rise, I lost interest in all that. It used to be a great way to meet people with similar inerest, basketball, fashion, music, make a little money, help out the next man, etc. Now it is nothing like it used to be....or maybe I just am on a different wavelength.

Best wishes to all the long time members and I hope everyone is making positive strides in their lives. Been a long time.

I hear you on that! I'm definitely proud to have been a member of this site during the time that I did. I was talking to ebeatz, who is one of my very best friends now because of this site, the sneaker game and its meaning has just drastically changed for me. I actually sold my collection back in 2005ish, let go of all but maaaaaybe one or two pairs. I've started rebuilding now, but all of this twitter rsvp/raffle hype that's going on and the continuing rise of resellers as well as just buying something because it's the 'in' thing to do.. I can't really say I'll last too long in this. I'll probably shift my focus more towards getting old pairs of kicks that I've always wanted but never got.

Do you guys still buy kicks?

I scaled back like crazy, but I was blowing crazy amounts on sneakers back then :smh:

I don't know if it was La Femme, but I vividly remember a girl NT'er that was going to try for 3K posts in one month.

I started out in JB forum but eventually made my way to the General forum right around the time that girl was going for the 3K posts in one month I don't know if any of you guys remember that.

I lurked for a long time though I would just read threads in the JB forum about releases and that was it then started venturing to the other forums... I think I got bored of JB and was just clicking around and that's how I got hooked :smh:

Good times though 8)

Haha, I'm not sure if that was me. Might've been, I can't really call it. :lol: But I've definitely scaled back too.

Last edited:
been lurkin these boards since 04..shout out to the OGs that used to post back in the day...learned a lot of my sneaker knowledge and history from them. cheers!

OG checking in. Hypebeasts have ruined the sneaker game. fellow NTer, yougoboy, and I were talking about how all the Jordan releases have been hyped for no reason and selling out ever since the '11 concords.

Last edited:
I mean I'm from Teaneck and Dirty is from Teaneck so I get the ultra G pass

Likewise for all my other Teaneck heads on here.

Last edited:
The way I see it.

1999 - 2002 = OG Triple OG

2003 - 2005 - OG

2006 - 2007 = Sorta OG

The rest.... n00bz

Doesn't help though, when a lot of OG names has been banned. :lol:
should be

99-02 OG TRIPLE OG

03-06- double og

07-10 og

no?

i lurked for years before my join date but that doesnt matter

and lol at your join date

Most of use were Seniors in HS/Early College when NT first dropped,

Life/Kids/Women 10 years later................ Computer Time is a kind of a luxury now............

Checkin in though...........

Back
Top Bottom