Where my Angel fans at???? Official Offseason Thread: Pujols/CJ Wilson agree to Halos

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by tim teufel

damn pujols won,angels will be a problem good lord 
eek.gif
Just like when they signed Vlad back in the day....how'd that work out?  

vlad is no where near the player pujols is,sorry.

eek.gif

Also with regard to that Vlad comment
Werent we like 2 games from the WS in 2005? The AJ Pierzynsky fiasco with the whole strikeout but didnt tag him out nonsense?

We were quite good back in those days.

Werent we like 2 games from the WS in 2005? The AJ Pierzynsky fiasco with the whole strikeout but didnt tag him out nonsense?

eek.gif

Um...what exactly is Pujols doing at the plate that is ANY different than Vlad in his prime?  You must have no memory of how dominant Vlad was in his Montreal/LAA days...

eek.gif

Um...what exactly is Pujols doing at the plate that is ANY different than Vlad in his prime?  You must have no memory of how dominant Vlad was in his Montreal/LAA days...

He was a great player in his prime but pujols is still on a next level. Now he will get those days where he will rest and be a dh certain days. Also think it was factored in his decision going to the American league.At 31 he's only 4 homeruns away of passing vlad,better average,better overall hitter and to me not even in the same discussion as players.

He was a great player in his prime but pujols is still on a next level. Now he will get those days where he will rest and be a dh certain days. Also think it was factored in his decision going to the American league.At 31 he's only 4 homeruns away of passing vlad,better average,better overall hitter and to me not even in the same discussion as players.

Naija Nitemare:

Yep. Drove me insane.
laugh.gif
To this day, I can't stand AJ because of that.
laugh.gif

Still, though, didn't win it all. And when we did, it was with a roster of a bunch of guys who were hungry to get known, not a bunch of guys who were already known. I mean, I'm definitely more happy with these two apparent signings then ANY of the signings we've had since 2002, so… we'll just have to see what happens.
smile.gif

Naija Nitemare:

Yep. Drove me insane.
laugh.gif
To this day, I can't stand AJ because of that.
laugh.gif

Still, though, didn't win it all. And when we did, it was with a roster of a bunch of guys who were hungry to get known, not a bunch of guys who were already known. I mean, I'm definitely more happy with these two apparent signings then ANY of the signings we've had since 2002, so… we'll just have to see what happens.
smile.gif

Congrats to Angels fans. I live literally one block down from Angels stadium...time to get tickets!

Congrats to Angels fans. I live literally one block down from Angels stadium...time to get tickets!

made up for that gary matthew jrs contract. a's and mariners have no shot at this division

made up for that gary matthew jrs contract. a's and mariners have no shot at this division

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hmmmmm, I'll just let this serve as the off-season thread as well, even though it was made in July.
laugh.gif
No point in having two Angel threads for the apparent Pujols/Wilson signings, and this thread was made by an Angels fan, so we'll let it ride.

Definitely going to see all kinds of folks coming out the woodwork now, just like 2003.
laugh.gif

And I've said this before about the Angels, and this recent news doesn't change my stance: I liked that we won it all in 2002 with the roster of veritable no names. But since then, we've signed a bunch of big names, and I don't feel that has produced a championship roster… …

… …yet.
wink.gif

But apparently picking up a top pitcher in the game and a top hitter in the game… we'll just have to see.
Thank you. I had to bring this one back so that we can see the who the real fans are since that bandwagon is about get full 
laugh.gif

Lotta Dodger fans jumping on that 405 South! 
Exciting time to be an Angel fan.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hmmmmm, I'll just let this serve as the off-season thread as well, even though it was made in July.
laugh.gif
No point in having two Angel threads for the apparent Pujols/Wilson signings, and this thread was made by an Angels fan, so we'll let it ride.

Definitely going to see all kinds of folks coming out the woodwork now, just like 2003.
laugh.gif

And I've said this before about the Angels, and this recent news doesn't change my stance: I liked that we won it all in 2002 with the roster of veritable no names. But since then, we've signed a bunch of big names, and I don't feel that has produced a championship roster… …

… …yet.
wink.gif

But apparently picking up a top pitcher in the game and a top hitter in the game… we'll just have to see.
Thank you. I had to bring this one back so that we can see the who the real fans are since that bandwagon is about get full 
laugh.gif

Lotta Dodger fans jumping on that 405 South! 
Exciting time to be an Angel fan.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I shouldve known after they traded Mathis they needed his Jersey
laugh.gif

CJ Wilson too ? damn

tumblr_lhpu3rrOkp1qhxr17o1_250.gif

and by the way Latroy hawkins is also in which should help Walden who struggled in the last month.

-Hopefully  ill be in the stadium when he hits # 756
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom