Where the Unemployed/Struggling College Grads?

Im graduating in about a month. The situation is pretty different round here, as Im from Europe, but it isnt easy by any means. I had a pretty good hustle, butsince the dollar went up its not that profitable any more. The problem with me is I dont feel like working 9-5 every day, so Im starting my own business rightnow. Its going to be a lot o work, but Im focused and thats what I really want to do.

At first I wasnt going to start working at all, as I still want to go back to school for a second degree in August and my side hustle was doing all right, butsince I came up with the idea for business it was too good to pass it up. I invested all my savings - around 12k - plus the other 13k I loaned. I hope itreally works out, so I dont stay without any money. Still plan on going back to school in August though.

checking in. Its hard out there,

-I dont even get any response, to my app let alone an interview

-sub teach but most days theres no work.(way too many people doing now)

-tried even getting a min. wage job, but find employers wont hire me because I'm over qualified

-might have to go back to school for my MBA and try to land that "Dream Job" in two years.

well I was in the same boat.

Moved from Ohio to Charlotte with no job prospects at all in August.

But I lucked out going to some office temp agencies, made some connections, and now I signed my second contract to work for Wachovia (Wells Fargo) a month ago.

So my advice, to everyone I know in school, is to look up some temp agencies and go from there. They find jobs for you, and even though it may last a day, aweek, or just a month; it's still money in your pocket and making connections.

Back
Top Bottom