Where were you on 9/11?

working at the post office, in the break room watching it go down on live tv. was on niketalk at the same time and posted that the planes had crashed into the twin towers. i guess i kinda broke the news on niketalk. i was a bit numb just watching it unfold and there was nobody in the break room but me and three other co workers and i guess niketalk was really the only people i could talk about this at the time. lol kinda pathetic i know but people really dont get how much of a companion niketalk is at times
laugh.gif

getting ready for school (8th grade) saw the second plane hit live on tv. had the
eek.gif
face mid wiping the sleep out my eyes. my english teacher flew out to NYC to help and pay her respects by the end of that week.

Preparing for school. In cali we was three hours behind. I got to school and every class I went to was playing the news except ap statistics.
Coach cancelled practice so me and some teammates went to eat then play ball

i was in school. then i went home. the only troubling thing that happened to me was that the tv got knocked out so we got cable.
it was only later i realized how much danger both my parents were in. they both worked only a few blocks from the towers.

I was on my way to school when I heard about it on the radio. I had no idea what was going on. I was 11 years old.

5th grade. I remember the teacher next door came in and was talking with my teacher in low voices. I could understand that something had gone down, and then when she turned on the classroom tv, we finally knew what had happened. Later, that evening, my mom was busy making phone calls to my family in New York asking if everyone was alright. My cousin who was in high school in the city at that time must not have had his phone, and everyone was worried about him. My other cousin was with the thousands of people we saw on tv leaving the city. It looked like a parade procession, but everyone looked worried.
Also, I had just visited the WTC and stood on the roof for pictures just a month prior. Crazy.

Sitting in communications class in high school. Teacher came back to the room and began saying "sometimes things happen in life when...."

I had no idea what he was about to say. Thought one of my classmates got murdered or something. Then he broke the news. Pretty crazy day. Can still remember what I was wearing.

Back
Top Bottom