Where you sit at a sporting event, does it matter to you?

^^
I've always wondered this. I hate going to a Canadiens(
sick.gif
) game and sitting way at the top. I'd much rather spend a lot on maybe 2 or 3 games a season to sit near the ice
pimp.gif

What about you?

most of the time, i buy an upper level ticket and move down to better seats.

I got lower level 4th row season tickets, and haven't sat in Loud City (the 3rd section of seats) but once in the last 3 yrs and that was because I had to for an event I hosted. As a bonus, the Thunder girls dance the entire game about 10 ft in front of me.
Spoiler [+]
I find that I can see no problem from the upper level though still. I commonly sell my seat and then use the comeup money to buy something better or in the club level (2nd section but it's the luxury suddity group of seats) if I can get something sideline or in the lower terrace suites.

I don't like being lower level directly behind the basket because the basket itself obstructs 50% or more of the court.

The Mavericks arena has a 4th bowl that seems like miles from the court, and it's steeper than anywhere else I have ever been. I felt like one misstep when squeezing by everyone to you seat and you'd fall like all the way down to the court.

By the way, if you are ever considering buying tickets but want to see what the view looks like, check out http://www.seats3d.com They have a flat map and a 3d view where it's showing how it looks from your section and row.

For me, it really matters. If I'm sitting in the cheap seats and have a bad view I would rather watch it at home.

Yea the upper bowls really suck, for baseball and basketball. Sure your at the game but ur too far from the action. I used to get sideline lower bowl seats for raptor games it was sick. In baseball you also gotta be in the lower bowl, even behind the plate somewhere is really sick. 

There's a reason I've been to more LA Clippers games than I have Kings games these past 2 years
laugh.gif

Lower level tix are way cheaper at Staples (for Clips) than it is for Kings games
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

It matters. if I cant get decent seats I'll stay at home and watch on tv
This. No reason to go to a game if I won't get a proper view of it.

I particularly prefer seats at the halfcourt line so I can see the defense and offense equally. I don't understand how some rich ppl like Spike can stand to be watching the Knicks far away on one end of the court in a close game whether they're on defense or offense.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

There's a reason I've been to more LA Clippers games than I have Kings games these past 2 years
laugh.gif

Lower level tix are way cheaper at Staples (for Clips) than it is for Kings games
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Huh? Theres not a bad seat at Arco Arena
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The lower level is fine... but I haven't sat in the upper level since like 2004 now, all I remember is my neck hurting from having to peer down at the court all game long
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The lower level is fine... but I haven't sat in the upper level since like 2004 now, all I remember is my neck hurting from having to peer down at the court all game long
laugh.gif

I don't have any problems with any seat at Arco. But, I always move down because the seats are usually unoccupied. Having a sucky team FTW&L
smokin.gif
30t6p3b.gif

quick question for you kings fans, why the hell are the tickets wayyyy more expensive than the warriors

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

quick question for you kings fans, why the hell are the tickets wayyyy more expensive than the warriors

Couldn't tell ya
laugh.gif
also why I attend more Clips games than Kings games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, but I've been spoiled by club level and lower level for most of my sports viewing. Its the perfect distance. Close to the action but far enough to see without having to turn your head every possession. I took a couple girls to their first games at that level and I think that may have been a mistake..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

Expensive? I've been to a few Kings games this year and none of the tickets I bought were more than $10 each. Utilize stubhub, my friend. It's awesome.

absolutely....been spoiled with seats for the past couple of years. Sounds snobbish, but I can't watch games unless I'm somewhere in the lower level. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

absolutely....been spoiled with seats for the past couple of years. Sounds snobbish, but I can't watch games unless I'm somewhere in the lower level. *shrugs*
I'm the exact same way, I'll spend the extra for great seats

it matters, for sure

for hockey though...no better seat in the house than first row balcony. first row balcony in the middle of the zone that your team shoots twice in > *
football...lower bowl for sure...but would rather watch on TV any day of the week
baseball...only one i probably don't really care as long as im not the last row in the house
basketball...unless it's the hoyas...i'd rather watch giada at home

Back
Top Bottom