Where's the Human Rights outrage against the blatant racism in France?

Originally Posted by King Sole

Westerners in the middle east HAVE to follow certain rules: no alcohol, certain websites are banned, women MUST be covered... So why is it that it is not acceptable if the West wants to do the same. If one has a problem and is THAT attached to their faith, they should %!+% and go back.
I am so tired of people complaining about Rules/Laws. If one feels it is discriminating, then leave. A western nation like France is well within their right to put forth a law they feel will protect the image of their country.

I am an immigrant if it matters.
so you think that being American and being of Middle East heritage and Muslim is antithetical huh? 
How can one "leave" or "go back" if they're American in the 1st place?...

France sucks. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Folks got to wear those masks because folks over there don't wash they !%+ proper.

France sucks. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Folks got to wear those masks because folks over there don't wash they !%+ proper.

Westerners in the middle east HAVE to follow certain rules: no alcohol, certain websites are banned, women MUST be covered... So why is it that it is not acceptable if the West wants to do the same. If one has a problem and is THAT attached to their faith, they should %!+% and go back.
I am so tired of people complaining about Rules/Laws. If one feels it is discriminating, then leave. A western nation like France is well within their right to put forth a law they feel will protect the image of their country.

Exactly i feel no remorse. I dont care about islamic customs, hence why I dont live over there.

Exactly i feel no remorse. I dont care about islamic customs, hence why I dont live over there.

Dirtylicious wrote:
so you think that being American and being of Middle East heritage and Muslim is antithetical huh?  

You are misconstruing what I am saying sir, I never said they were distinct. The Middle East was brought up primarily to state that if a country from that region is allowed to have laws that reflect their beliefs and ideals (and please note that not all countries in the Middle East adhere to extremist views) so why is there such an outcry if a western nation wants to do the same? Why are they being targeted, chastised and vilified for wanting to legislate a rule that they feel reflects their culture or views. 
Also, for some reason your argument reflects America only when I brought up a few examples to draw parallels. But to answer your question: If I firmly believe and adhere to any believe (not strictly talking about Islam) and the place where I am staying hinders me from devoting myself fully than why should I NOT leave. The question at hand is not one of nationality but fundamental belief in one aspect of a religion. 

If I am, by nationality, an Ethiopian but a minority when it comes to religion and the country feels that they must place a new law that bans ONE ASPECT of my religion THAT LEGITIMATELY interferes with the country's culture/ agenda etc... I have two options: stay there or relocate. Are they alienating me? Yes. Is it discriminatory? Sure. However, it is well within their right to do this. Again I am not sure where the America/American issue arose from but France is stating that they want the authorities to be able to identify all of the denizens but a portion of them have a custom that poses a problem. So they are deciding to what they feel is correct. 

Dirty, I fully recognize your argument and don't necessarily disagree with you. I am playing Devil's advocate simply because when something like this happens people (not talking about Muslims exclusively) scream bloody murder, human rights, racism... I understand the outcry but only wish to illuminate France's perspective. 

Dirtylicious wrote:

You are misconstruing what I am saying sir, I never said they were distinct. The Middle East was brought up primarily to state that if a country from that region is allowed to have laws that reflect their beliefs and ideals (and please note that not all countries in the Middle East adhere to extremist views) so why is there such an outcry if a western nation wants to do the same? Why are they being targeted, chastised and vilified for wanting to legislate a rule that they feel reflects their culture or views. 
Also, for some reason your argument reflects America only when I brought up a few examples to draw parallels. But to answer your question: If I firmly believe and adhere to any believe (not strictly talking about Islam) and the place where I am staying hinders me from devoting myself fully than why should I NOT leave. The question at hand is not one of nationality but fundamental belief in one aspect of a religion. 

If I am, by nationality, an Ethiopian but a minority when it comes to religion and the country feels that they must place a new law that bans ONE ASPECT of my religion THAT LEGITIMATELY interferes with the country's culture/ agenda etc... I have two options: stay there or relocate. Are they alienating me? Yes. Is it discriminatory? Sure. However, it is well within their right to do this. Again I am not sure where the America/American issue arose from but France is stating that they want the authorities to be able to identify all of the denizens but a portion of them have a custom that poses a problem. So they are deciding to what they feel is correct. 

Dirty, I fully recognize your argument and don't necessarily disagree with you. I am playing Devil's advocate simply because when something like this happens people (not talking about Muslims exclusively) scream bloody murder, human rights, racism... I understand the outcry but only wish to illuminate France's perspective. 

Sounds like none of you ever been here... it was prohibited because of school 1st, school is public back home, no religious sign are allowed inside the establishment 

Sounds like none of you ever been here... it was prohibited because of school 1st, school is public back home, no religious sign are allowed inside the establishment 

Originally Posted by Mourf83

as it should be.  france is light years ahead of america's education system.

Originally Posted by Mourf83

as it should be.  france is light years ahead of america's education system.

Sounds like people in here would rather play Devil's Advocate than talk about how a national government is attempting to control a segment of society through making it illegal to wear something.

Even if other countries are doing it, including countries in the middle east and the united states, it is NOT cool.

Sounds like people in here would rather play Devil's Advocate than talk about how a national government is attempting to control a segment of society through making it illegal to wear something.

Even if other countries are doing it, including countries in the middle east and the united states, it is NOT cool.

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

I'm a Muslim and I agree.

Hmm... what's worse, a country making it illegal to wear something or a country making it illegal to not wear something? Same crap, different toilet.

Hmm... what's worse, a country making it illegal to wear something or a country making it illegal to not wear something? Same crap, different toilet.

This thread and the Kobe thread are in serious contention for having some of the most ignorant responses posted so far this year. People in here are straight up disregarding a person's right to express themselves...especially when you're dealing with a country that purports to espouse democratic ideals.

For the people saying they should just leave...where should they go? What about those who were born in France and have no other ties to their ancestral homelands? Is it really that easy to pick up and leave? Job? Citizenship? Language?

"Image of their country"? A lot of these people are French...and France is a democracy...and democracy is a standard of government that's ground up. Which means ideally, French culture should be a reflection of its citizens...yet some of you don't realize it.

This thread and the Kobe thread are in serious contention for having some of the most ignorant responses posted so far this year. People in here are straight up disregarding a person's right to express themselves...especially when you're dealing with a country that purports to espouse democratic ideals.

For the people saying they should just leave...where should they go? What about those who were born in France and have no other ties to their ancestral homelands? Is it really that easy to pick up and leave? Job? Citizenship? Language?

"Image of their country"? A lot of these people are French...and France is a democracy...and democracy is a standard of government that's ground up. Which means ideally, French culture should be a reflection of its citizens...yet some of you don't realize it.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

You play ball in a league, you agree with playing with rules of said league. 

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

You play ball in a league, you agree with playing with rules of said league. 

Back
Top Bottom