Which artist's career was a big let down to you?

DMX, duke could have been mentioned with the greats if he continued to put out the music he did earlier in his career.

Luda - duke still hasn't made an album that will make him be remembered although he's a lyrical savage.

Az - his career is a letdown mainstream wise in terms of him not really having a legacy in hip-hop although he should, Az should have been a household name.

T.I. - has consistantly let me down for 3 albums straight now.

I would say Krayzie Bone's solo career, Bizzy Bone's solo career, and Mo Thugs.

Bone Thugs -N- Harmony used to be such a great group. I wasn't a big fan of Creepin' On' Ah Come Up, but E. 1999 Eternal and The Art of War weregreat. Krayzie's "Thug Mentality 1999" was decent, but ever since that album he just hasn't been the same. The same can be said for BizzyBone as Heaven'z Movie was outstanding, but after that he went downhill. Mo Thugs had two great albums but the ever changing roster just messed things up.

Canibus and LL diss tracks were def dope.... I thought that was a great battle.

Jada with the lox was ight... Kanye was trash.....
AZ was ight.. I think the Firm CD was dope.

Although "Problems" Was tight..

Originally Posted by Kid Mega Man

kanye west and lupe fiasco... they like clones of the same neo-conscious-midwestern bull
6opyheh.gif

kanye west and lupe fiasco... they like clones of the same neo-conscious-midwestern bull
Wow ummmm I think you are misunderstanding the thread. I saw someone mention TI also..What I mean when I say a career let down, its someone whohas fallen off horrible and did not reach their maximum height you thought they would, not based off of if you didnt like their album. Kayne and TI reached andsurpassed their career height, Lupe still is new so its to early to call...

And by the way DMX is a HUGE let down...

Yeah...My dude Half-a-mil got killed in Albany PJ's in BK

Dissapointed - Stack Bundles........Not really his fault though....

Nas-Released 2 of the best CDs of all time and its been nothin but disapointments since....
50 Cent-1st album was a banger trash ever since
AZ
Cormega
Jada-Releases some of the best mix tape/freestyle material but cant get it together for an album
Talib Kweli-Reflection Eternal was great but Ive been disapointed since
Eminem-Dude is sick with the words but Ive never felt a complete CD of his,they dont live up to his talent

^^^ I don't know about Eminem but that's just my personal opinion.

Jadakiss
Fab

Pretty much most of the people that were mentioned.

half-a-mil was just a let down cuz he was killed.
smh.gif
R.i.p
Cormega was too hardcore for mainstream
AZ shoulda been a household name like BFA said
smh.gif

Fab (is the NUMBER ONE let down in hiphop history EASILY)
All the others really are young and have a chance to come back easily (budden,ali vegas,jadakiss)

You really cannot say AZ, dude never dropped a weak album. His success really isn't contingent on his mainstream appeal.

...For me, its definitely Memphis Bleek. There was a point and time when I honestly thought dude had all of the tools intact to become one of hip-hop'sfront-runners. Dude had one of the hottest rap labels backing him, hip-hop's best mentor, producers out of the rear, and he honestly had the talent to takeit there. However, from the outside looking in, it seems as if dude was waiting on his handout.

beanie sigel- easily one of the most talented doods out. he should have more material out since he's been around since 98

Fabolous...I can't think of someone who has become less interesting to me in rap ever. I was homies biggest fan since I heard him on That's the Waywith Mase and Foxy Brown

Back
Top Bottom