Which athlete had/has a picture perfect career?

I didnt read all of the thread yet, but Barry Sanders never won a title. Hard to consider a career picture perfect if you never took him the big one. Same for Cal and a few others mentioned in here. Eli and Brady are good candidates right now though.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Gotta be Duncan. Dude is even still with his wife.

yeah...but look at her 
eyes.gif

supergigantic-blox-pl.jpg

jim_brown_1.jpg

greatest player in NFL history 
pimp.gif

and Money May, 10 years from now dudes are discussing his legacy in the barbershop aren't gonna be like "remember when Floyd went to jail? that really tarnished his rep". I highly doubt that.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Tim Duncan
Manu Ginobili - defeating the U.S. in the olympics while winning titles in the NBA is boss
My 2 favorite players of all time.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Still in jail, though. Justifiably? No matter. Hard to call a career perfect when it included jailtime.

But this thread is about who has had a picture perfect career so why are people concerned with athletes lives outside of their respective sports?

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I didnt read all of the thread yet, but Barry Sanders never won a title. Hard to consider a career picture perfect if you never took him the big one. Same for Cal and a few others mentioned in here. Eli and Brady are good candidates right now though.

You know that Cal does have World Series Ring with the Orioles early in his career.

Michael Johnson, Jeter, Cal Ripken, Mariano Rivera, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell and Ali is on the list. I am pretty sure that there is more on the list.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by SHUGES

You know that Cal does have World Series Ring with the Orioles early in his career.
yeah I came in here to post that
also people in the barbershop or wherever will be talking about ducking or a lack of competition when it comes to floyd. whether its justified or not. dont forget the greats used to lose all the time and it didn't tarnish their career. It even enhanced it in some cases because then you got a 3rd mega match

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Still in jail, though. Justifiably? No matter. Hard to call a career perfect when it included jailtime.

But this thread is about who has had a picture perfect career so why are people concerned with athletes lives outside of their respective sports?

If you want to spin it like that; Jordan +#+%# on everyone.

FIRST B0RN:
trunks206:
23ska909red02:
If you want to spin it like that; Jordan +#+%# on everyone.
Exactly. If off-court stuff factors into one's career, then I can understand Jordan's exclusion.

But if not, then the list starts w/ him.

My opinion? Off-court stuff counts.

I like the Bettis nod.

And yeah, considering Gretzky's coaching, he's out.

How about Sampras?

Back
Top Bottom