Which brand of running shoes do you use when running?

Which brand of running shoes do you use when running?

• Nike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adidas

• Asics

• Reebok

• Puma

• Other

• Total voters
Originally Posted by Foamposite XI /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Running in Frees are the worst thing you can do, too.
What makes you say that? I always had some sort of pain/discomfort no matter which shoes I ran in, until I switched to Free 3.0, first time in years I ran pain free. Recently added Vibrams to the mix too, so I alternate between the two now.

Less support and less absorbtion than other shoes (like asics)

If you run on a hard surface, more absorbtion is better.

But if you run on the track or on grass, free run are good.

Really depends on the person IMO.

Sex: M
How often you run?: 1-3 times a week
How often do you buy running shoes?: as necessary

Brooks Beast for me-- classic overpronator.

Working with Champs for a while man Asics is the way to go if you plan on running. Whatever you do don't buy free runs for running.

It's personal preference. Personally, I've trained and raced a 1/2 Marathon in Free Run 2s and PR'ed. If anything, they improved my efficiency and foot strike. I'm a supinator, but I've developed a forefoot strike with assistance from the FR2s...

What makes you say that? I always had some sort of pain/discomfort no matter which shoes I ran in, until I switched to Free 3.0, first time in years I ran pain free. Recently added Vibrams to the mix too, so I alternate between the two now.

I usually run in a variety of types of running shoes, and I definitely feel no pain when I run in my Frees.

Asics Gel Nimbus 14
run about 30-40 miles a week
finished the SF marathon in them and training for the LA marathon with them also

NICE! How'd you do? SFM was my first race ever. Initially, I wanted to run the 1/2 Marathon as my first, but my cousin and friends called me out lol

Air Max 95's have been the only shoes that haven't hurt my feet when I run. I need to find other shoes that have similar cushioning. Being an under-pronator FTL.

I used to run in the HOA AM95s when I FIRST STARTED to run. I couldn't run more than 5mi in them without feeling pain.

Last edited:
Sex: Male
How often you run?: 4 times a week
How often do you buy running shoes?:Twice a year

Nike Lunarglide 4

Sex: M
How often you run?: 2-3 times a week
How often do you buy running shoes?: Every other year

Less support and less absorbtion than other shoes (like asics)
If you run on a hard surface, more absorbtion is better.
But if you run on the track or on grass, free run are good.
Really depends on the person IMO.
I've read up on the whole barefoot theory and a lot of it made sense to me. I find the Vibrams are a bit rough on the joints when running on the streets and takes some getting used to, but at the same time I think a lot of people heel strike when they run and don't realize it because of how heavily cushioned their shoes are. Heel strike a couple times in Frees or Vibrams and you quickly make yourself adjust and run using the forefoot.

That's of course a whole other debate in itself, minimal vs high tech.

Sex: Not enough :lol: (I'm a Male btw)
How often you run?: I run 5-6 days a week. About 25 miles per week.
How often do you buy running shoes?: I bought my last pair last year in October. They are the Nike Free Run 2.0. I like them because they are really light on my feet. I have put these shoes through hell and they are still going strong.

^

You can run in 95's?? I love Air Maxes for casual wear but I've always wondered how the hell anybody could run in those things.
Most runners think i'm weird for running in them but they feel great on my feet :lol:. I mainly use them for outdoor running and they've held up over the years. I don't turn my ankle that much when I run so the sides of my feet need good cushioning. The forefoot air units do a good job. I do need to eventually get a new pair of shoes to run in that are a little lighter but still have similar cushioning.

Nobody messes with the UA spine??

I recently picked them up and instantly feel in love. My running shoe prior to these were the first lunarglides.

How often you run?: 3 times a week
How often do you buy running shoes?: 2 times a year

Brooks Running - I have fallen arches and their support, comfort, durability, and quality is :smokin

How often you run?: 3 times a week
How often do you buy running shoes?: Once every 2 years?

Back
Top Bottom