Which Debut Album Had More Hype and Buzz; GKMC or Thank Me Later?

Which Debut Album Had More Buzz and Hype Surrounding it?

• Good Kid Mad City (Kendrick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thank Me Later (Drake)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember people going crazy for Thank Me Later to come out.
There was this certain hype and buzz surrounding it that hadn't been matched in a long time.

EVERYONE was waiting for Drakes 1st LP, even people who didn't like him. People just wanted to see if he'd deliver.

Same **** happened when Kendrick's LP came out last year... called the "chosen one" by his peers, Dre, Snoop, Game... given the co-sign by so many legends... his buzz definitely wasn't as mainstream as TML was... but in the hip-hop game everyone was killin themselves waitin for Kendricks first LP.

So... Which one had more Buzz and Hype surrounding it in your opinion?

Drake had more hype but it didn't deliver at all :x

Kendrick delivered one of the best albums of the last few years and it made me a fan.

Agreed with everything in this thread. It's a shame "Thank Me Later" wasn't a classic. Woulda made Drizzy even bigger than the superstar he is now.

Like everyone else said, Drake had the bigger buzz and failed to deliver. Kendrick dropped a gem

Come on dude, you know it's not even close, lol. Even though I was freakishly hyped for Kendrick's, people started going crazy over it through word of mouth.

Drake obviously but that's that continued buzz from the mixtape/ep houstatlantavegas from what I recall which was going down.

Kendrick is no Drake so I don't get this thread. There's quality rappers and then those who got the machine backing them heavily.

Drake. Kendricks buzz didnt really start growing like that till after the album dropped and people were like"woah, ok this dude is forreal"

Drake obviously but that's that continued buzz from the mixtape/ep houstatlantavegas from what I recall which was going down.

Kendrick is no Drake so I don't get this thread. There's quality rappers and then those who got the machine backing them heavily.

Kendrick happens to be a quality rapper who rightfully has a machine behind him. A foreign concept, I know :lol: what do u mean by Kendrick is no Drake though?

To answer OP, like moat others have said, Drake had the bigger buzz, with loads of singles, then dropped a decent to pretty good album (whether you want to classify it as rap, r&b, or some genreless fusion is another story). Kendrick released a much much better album, and one of the best debuts for a new artist on a long time. He also heavily picked up his buzz after the album dropped, which usually doesn't happen.

TML had more hype and buzz, but GKMC was a classic album. Drake is flat out terrible sometimes and good sometimes, but mostly terrible

Back
Top Bottom