Which is better, the Foamposite One or Flightposite One?

Between the two I'd go with Flightposites, but both of them are somewhat outdated and hype driven.

I don't like either for ball. Flights feel more natural underfoot, but I had fit problems with mine. Traction wasn't that great either.

There are far better, cheaper and more practical performance shoes available.

^ Whaaa? Both of them are still in the top tier of best basketball shoes.

Both of them are insanely comfortable, provided you get the correct size (they're a little tricky in this department). I've balled many times in myFlightposites and I've had no problems with them. I'm just starting to use my Foamposites for ball and I'd probably place them a tad higher thanthe Flightposites due to cushioning and fit. They both have excellent traction (I have the Foam Pros, not the Foam Ones) and the midfoot and upper support arestill unmatched.

And yeah, there are cheaper shoes available but either of these will last you many years. The foamposite material is tough.

Just stating my experience and opinion. I'm sure you really like them, but I think they are overrated and hyped up.

Flights and Foams retail for what, $180-200?

Zoom BB's retail for $100-110.

Assuming you're going to pay retail, and even if you get a discount or sale price, you could still apply that to both products and price ranges, so is theprice differential really worth that awesome performance you might obtain if the shoes work out for you?

If I pay $15 for a burger when the spot across the street sells a good one for $8, the $15 burger better be spectacular.

Same thing with shoes, or any other product for that matter.

I fully understand what you're saying as far as value goes and I wasn't tryin' to insult your opinion or anything. I was just a little surprised. Iplace a few other shoes above them, basketball performance-wise. I wouldn't spend over $130 for a pair of shoes I'd ball in, and if you keep an activeeye on either of these, you can catch a DS pair for under that.

You're gonna get more use out of a pair shoes with a foamposite upper compared to say, the Zoom BB's (good shoe, by the way) which will get beat tohell during a season or two of wear.

No sweat, I didn't feel insulted at all.

I was fortunate enough to get all of my foams for well under retail. I just don't think they're that great for actual playing.

You might be right about the durability. The wear isn't nearly as noticeable on foams compared to regular leather uppers.

Flightposites are real good. I had all 3 of em and they are real solid ballin kicks

Based on OGs, Foamposite easily beats the Flightposite in terms of cushioning, fit, traction, and durability. It falls short of the Flightposite on anklesupport.

That's not to say the Flightposite has great ankle support in itself. The cushioning on the OGs was a bit too minimal for me.
Retros may be worse, they're unlikely to be any better.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Between the two I'd go with Flightposites, but both of them are somewhat outdated and hype driven.

I don't like either for ball. Flights feel more natural underfoot, but I had fit problems with mine. Traction wasn't that great either.

Flightposites always felt a little flimsy to me. Narrow too.

Foamposites are definitely heavier than the flightposites. The soles don't break down as fast for casual wear but they'll wear down extremely FAST onthe court so you're better off using another pair of kicks.

I LIKE FOAMPOSITES BUT THE FLIGHTS ARE LIGHTER AND HAVE THE ANKLE SUPPORT I LIKE SO THATS WUT ID PICK OUTTA THE TWO

The foampsite pro also fit true to size, my foam ones fit a littlle snug. I have to wear thin socks.

Back
Top Bottom