Which Jordans to rock to wedding?

as long as it's mostly black then you'll be fine. But IMO patent leather would be a great touch because dress/tuxedo shoes are very shiny like PL. (Gowith XIs especially the space jams)

You could get some nice Alfani dress shoes which won't cost you as much as Jordans.

But if you really insist on wearing Jordans, I'd probably say the black/gold 1s.

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

I used to think wearing Jordan's to a formal function was proper but not anymore.

I'm sorry to the people for whom my message could offend.

There's only three basic reasons why you would want to sport Jordan's in a function like this: style, what it represents or what the name bears.

Style? Air Jordan's aren't prestigious anymore; they have no quality and you could find something better with knock-offs.

What it represents? I wouldn't want to be praising another man on my wedding day in front of my woman.

What the name bears? Wouldn't that be ironic, he failed with his own marriage by infidelity. What does wearing his shoes on to a wedding signify?
Well said.

look at it from his point of view....he gets a free pair jordans,
and its not really his choice....his cousin wants him to
i reckon a pair of 1's , most of them have quite a bit of black in dem
good luck
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

I used to think wearing Jordan's to a formal function was proper but not anymore.

There's only three basic reasons why you would want to sport Jordan's in a function like this: style, what it represents or what the name bears.

Style? Air Jordan's aren't prestigious anymore; they have no quality and you could find something better with knock-offs.

What it represents? I wouldn't want to be praising another man on my wedding day in front of my woman.

What the name bears? Wouldn't that be ironic, he failed with his own marriage by infidelity. What does wearing his shoes on to a wedding signify?
Well said.

The fact that you reduce the entirety of potential human motivations to three completely undermines any validity your opinion may have had. The reasons youchose also betray a common and disturbing trend in shoeheads. You know, not everyone wears - or for that matter does things- for what other people think. Dowhat you want to do for your own reasons, not for "prestige". Rockin' J's, or any other sneakerhead shoe should be about you, not what othersthink. If someone feels comfortable with their groomsmen wearing J's so be it, more power to him - and let the haters hate while others live. I know I wearJ's to work - and i am highly paid professional- because it keeps me motivated to do an excellent job and reminds me how fortunate I am to have that joband afford those shoes, coming from where i have. I vote for Concords. Always look slick with a tux.

Originally Posted by guerilla law

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

Well said.

The fact that you reduce the entirety of potential human motivations to three completely undermines any validity your opinion may have had. The reasons you chose also betray a common and disturbing trend in shoeheads. You know, not everyone wears - or for that matter does things- for what other people think. Do what you want to do for your own reasons, not for "prestige". Rockin' J's, or any other sneakerhead shoe should be about you, not what others think. If someone feels comfortable with their groomsmen wearing J's so be it, more power to him - and let the haters hate while others live. I know I wear J's to work - and i am highly paid professional- because it keeps me motivated to do an excellent job and reminds me how fortunate I am to have that job and afford those shoes, coming from where i have. I vote for Concords. Always look slick with a tux.
now that was well said

whatever you choose, make sure it has a black patent toe or it's not gonna look right.

Originally Posted by s dubl

DTRT Spizikes
smokin.gif

roll.gif

but yeah my friend was getting married he wore his dmp XI's but he was the groom
i saw a wedding on sole collector all the groomsmen had Metallic v's i think thats the best way to go

I usually say dress shoes at these events but if the groom wants Jordans, then I suggest Stealth XX's.
Or the XX AF1 fusion as a cheaper alternative.

Back
Top Bottom