Which Jordans to rock to wedding?

My opinion would be to leave that day as a regular dress shoe day. Maybe at the reception but not the wedding. We as sneakerheads think it's cool but someof your guest may think otherwise. Just a heads up.

Michael Jordan's own sons won't even wear Jordans to their own weddings or weddings they attend, so It's beyond me why anyone else would.

Dress for the occasion.

J's to proms, funerals, and weddings(especially if you're the groom or groomsmen) IMO is childish.
But to each his own.

Space Jams
pimp.gif

i wore 2001 cement/blk 3's at my wedding. i wore the 3's cuz everyone seems to wear the concords or spacejams at weddings.

As a man who's been married for 3 years now, here some advice... Where some dress shoes. I can imagine what my father would have said to me if I'dshown up to the most important day of my life wearing some Jay's. My wife would've looked at me life *%$!!1 Trust me start the marriage off right andthat's at the ceromony

Don't listen to the haters tellin ya not to wear J's. Only person who's opinion matters on what shoes you wear is your bride. If she's downwith J's, then rock em with pride man. It's y'alls day, do it how ya want. Btw, Concord XI's are the ones to wear. I did.

Just my opinion, but I would wear dress shoes. That could be one of those wedding pictures that in a few years time will look really stupid. But then again,you guys should get some 8 Ball jackets in matching colors of the shoes.

Originally Posted by guerilla law

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

Originally Posted by ssgefiestoakagerger

I used to think wearing Jordan's to a formal function was proper but not anymore.

I'm sorry to the people for whom my message could offend.

There's only three basic reasons why you would want to sport Jordan's in a function like this: style, what it represents or what the name bears.

Style? Air Jordan's aren't prestigious anymore; they have no quality and you could find something better with knock-offs.

What it represents? I wouldn't want to be praising another man on my wedding day in front of my woman.

What the name bears? Wouldn't that be ironic, he failed with his own marriage by infidelity. What does wearing his shoes on to a wedding signify?
Well said.

The fact that you reduce the entirety of potential human motivations to three completely undermines any validity your opinion may have had. The reasons you chose also betray a common and disturbing trend in shoeheads. You know, not everyone wears - or for that matter does things- for what other people think. Do what you want to do for your own reasons, not for "prestige". Rockin' J's, or any other sneakerhead shoe should be about you, not what others think. If someone feels comfortable with their groomsmen wearing J's so be it, more power to him - and let the haters hate while others live. I know I wear J's to work - and i am highly paid professional- because it keeps me motivated to do an excellent job and reminds me how fortunate I am to have that job and afford those shoes, coming from where i have. I vote for Concords. Always look slick with a tux.
Very well said. It's ridiculous to pretend to understand the reasoning or motivation of some complete stranger over the internet. Some peopleare way too concerned with others. The OP just asked for specific advice, and of course people have to jump in with their own opinions which were not requested(or appreciated I'm sure) by the OP.

Originally Posted by b00g3r

here's what I WORE for my WEDDING....

-peace
^^^My Hero, I had a post a few days ago trying to find someone selling some DMP XI's. I get married in July and my fiance thought it would becool for her to switch to flip flops and me to switch to J's as like a cool way of being OURSELVES at the reception.

All yall who probably dont even have a girl let alone know anything about getting married please stop givin your opinion on what you think he should do. Hedidnt ask that
Also was your wife wearing some 3's?? that would be awesome! but mine wouldnt do it, shes a flip flop girl

Back
Top Bottom