Which N.C. NTer got ganked?

Found this on the wire at work. I don't understand how a story like this makes international news. 
US-ODD-Stolen-Air-Jordans
Update:APNewsNow. For global distribution.
INDEX: International
Police: 30 pairs of Air Jordan shoes man has collected since middle school taken from home

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A North Carolina man says 30 pairs of Nike Air Jordan sneakers still in their boxes that he's been collecting since middle school have been stolen.

WCNC-TV reports that 22-year-old Bryant Toala told police that someone broke into a home Monday night and took the shoes that he says could be worth more than $10,000. The burglars came in through a bedroom window and made off with the boxes that Toala says were hidden.

He says a collection of baseball hats that matched the shoes was also taken.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say they have no suspects.

(The Associated Press)

Thats terrible man
30t6p3b.gif

Somebody came up tho.

I think he is exxagerrating the number by a little bit. That averages out to 300 per pair. Now how many pairs do we really think are worth more than 300? Unless he has vintage stuff from the late 80's-90's etc or has multiple pairs of ray allen 13's and Bins.

Originally Posted by blakep267

I think he is exxagerrating the number by a little bit. That averages out to 300 per pair. Now how many pairs do we really think are worth more than 300? Unless he has vintage stuff from the late 80's-90's etc or has multiple pairs of ray allen 13's and Bins.
acually that sounds pretty cheap. especially if based of flight club. seems like every thing over 2 years old goes for 300+

Originally Posted by bassman

WCNC-TV reports that 22-year-old Bryant Toala told police that someone broke into a home Monday night and took the shoes that he says could be worth more than $10,000.

laugh.gif

Delusional much?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by bassman

WCNC-TV reports that 22-year-old Bryant Toala told police that someone broke into a home Monday night and took the shoes that he says could be worth more than $10,000.

laugh.gif

Delusional much?
Would you rather over estimate or under estimate ???

That would suck especially since he's collected so long. Then again only 30 shoes in that long of a time?

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

That's why it's good to get them insured.

It certainly is but you wont see much of what you or the market thinks they are worth in return

Let me guess...he tweeted/FB'd a pic of it to his "homies" and they ran up in his spot.

NO WAY someone could get caught like that.

That is messed up, can't say how I would feel. But I think I would have to call up "Dexter" and ask for some vengeance on my behalf.
devil.gif

this was me in december 2010

got me for close to thirty pairs including some HEAT

and for two pairs of the retro space jams before i'd had a chance to break them out

NC police did NADA

and my ear to the street turned up nothing
wound up having to charge it to the game and take some additional "precautions" since then

Back
Top Bottom