Which of these teams would you'd have be the new Sonics?

Seattle remains one of the top cities on the list of potential future NBA homes. Some are thinking that Seattle may receive an expansion team, while somehappen to think that a current owner will file for relocation due to various reasons.

One of the reasons a team may move is due to the fact that the team is struggling in its existing city. The term struggling doesn't just apply to"not winning," but mainly in a financial sense. In other words, non-profiting.

The teams I'm going to list are all at the bottom of their respective divisions. Also, I know that not all these teams are struggling financially and thatsome actually sell tickets consistently. But what I'm asking is out of these 6 teams, which team would you rather have be the next Sonics:

Toronto Raptors- currently including Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, and JermaineO'Neal
Indian Pacers-with Jamal Tinsley, TJ Ford, and the beast, Danny Granger
Washington Wizards-with the little big 3 Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler, AntawnJamison

Oklahoma City Thunder- The stolen Sonics
LA Clippers-featuring Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, and a very good young talent in EricGordon
Memphis Grizzlies-excellent young squad with huge potential including Rudy Gay, OJMayo, Marc Gasol, and Mike Conley Jr.

i think memphis would be at the top of my list. mayo would be sick to see.

but you forgot a couple other potentials. sacramento is the same position we were in and New Orleans could be up for sale if they don't meet their quota ofticket sales (which i'm sure they will, but who knows).

b. diddy would be cool to have around, and marcus camby would be flaunting those sick whips downtown. the clips would be cool but very unlikely.

I'm rooting for memphis personally if we had to take another team. but I'd rather have an expansion team, or steal the sonics back, once bennettdiscovers the horrible move he made from taking his (our) team from one of the biggest markets to one of the smallest markets in the country.

I BLEED GREEN AND GOLD!

i'd rather have the originals back. even as bad as they are right now. if not them then from your list the griz would be a fun team to watch.

but like thenewone said, the hornets have also been mentioned a few times. cp3 in seattle would be awesome. plus since okc wanted the hornets so bad beforeit'd be a nice little slap in the face

I want the Grizz, I want Mayo and Gay
frown.gif

My choice is the grizz... mayo seems like a franchise player in the making... plus he has the work ethic to be a dominant player one day...

The Griz because they really have no history or anything to show for their existence. They've already moved once, so why not move to a city that caresabout basketball.

The reason I left New Orleans out was because there was a report about how their ticket sales have improved, because they're winning consistently now.

When I started this thread I had Memphis atop my list also, but I just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking. OJ is going to be a problem and Rudy Gayhasn't even reached his true potential. Other than that, Memphis has a solid big man in Marc Gasol and decent young PG in Mike Conley. Plus they'remore than likely to have a top 5 draft pick after this season.

Memphis is the only team I would accept and not feel about because their fans don't care about the team, and as I said before, they have no history of anymeasurable success.

Would love to have the clippers here. It's funny because my pops and I were talking about how the clippers should move over here so they don't haveshare the Staples Center.

Matt (Stratford, CT): Thorpe, gotta say I love the chats...for the next 5 years would you rather have mayo, gay and conley (i think there's the weak spot)or durant, green and westbrook?

David Thorpe: (12:44 PM ET ) Not close. Thunder time!!!

i want my team back

It'll be dope to see some the player from the other teams PS'd with a Sonics jersey on...just to see if it looks right. But as of right now, everyoneover 18 should encourage everyone they know to go out and vote for the city of Seattle to renovate that Key Arena, or perhaps build another arena. That'sthe only way Seattle will ever have another NBA team.

Originally Posted by ExileUE

i'd rather have the originals back. even as bad as they are right now. if not them then from your list the griz would be a fun team to watch.

but like thenewone said, the hornets have also been mentioned a few times. cp3 in seattle would be awesome. plus since okc wanted the hornets so bad before it'd be a nice little slap in the face
co-sign on everything said.. esp the "slap in the face" part
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

its gonna be hella weird having a new team . think all about the history of sonics, shawn kemp, gp, sonic boom, man nobody could erase that history.
but it would be filthy if we get mempthis or toronto. it would be cool

Well I feel like everything that is the Thunders now isn't/wasn't a part of the Sonics. I mean literally they were the Sonics, but I don't feelattached to any of them. If Ray Allen was in the Thunder and didn't get traded then that would be kind of weird, but him and Rashard Lewis left.

To me, I feel like the history of the Sonics truly remains in Seattle; especially because the current team changed their name to "Thunders." I thinkthe world of Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, but they only played here for a season so I don't feel like I got jacked.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

its gonna be hella weird having a new team . think all about the history of sonics, shawn kemp, gp, sonic boom, man nobody could erase that history.
but it would be filthy if we get mempthis or toronto. it would be cool

Well I feel like everything that is the Thunders now isn't/wasn't a part of the Sonics. I mean literally they were the Sonics, but I don't feel attached to any of them. If Ray Allen was in the Thunder and didn't get traded then that would be kind of weird, but him and Rashard Lewis left.

To me, I feel like the history of the Sonics truly remains in Seattle; especially because the current team changed their name to "Thunders." I think the world of Kevin Durant and Jeff Green, but they only played here for a season so I don't feel like I got jacked.

man i feel the opposite there. not completely because your're right if ray and rashard were wearing those nasty thunder uni's it'd be differenetsince they were sonics for so long. but i still feel jacked because we lost out on what lots of people are saying could be a top 5 player in the league somedayin kd. it was really just like a tease that we got to see him for 1 season and then just as the season's ending to have him start putting some good gamestogether, move to okc and continue to play well. and with jeff green playing as good as he is now too.......

I just hope we get a new team i dont care who it is. It'd be nice to have our old team back. I feel bad for Durant and what not I hear they hate it inOklahoma.

Man you guys don't get it. We don't want to do to another city what OKC did to us. I personally don't want another team if it means stealing theteam from another city that loves their team. Now if it's become the case where a city stops supporting their team (kind of what like is happening inMemphis) and the owner decides to relocate without resistance then I'm for that. But I hope we get an expansion team. And fast.

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Man you guys don't get it. We don't want to do to another city what OKC did to us. I personally don't want another team if it means stealing the team from another city that loves their team. Now if it's become the case where a city stops supporting their team (kind of what like is happening in Memphis) and the owner decides to relocate without resistance then I'm for that. But I hope we get an expansion team. And fast.

i think most of us would rather have an expansion team but stern's said over and over again that it isn't gonna happen. the thing with the hornets andgrizzlies to me is that both teams just relocated there too so those teams are preferable to me because of that. my honest opinion though is we're notgetting a team anytime soon. stern won't consider seattle until there's a stadium plan in place and as much pressure our government is feeling frombasketball fans to throw in the remaining money to get it done, they're feeling even more from people who want to use the money for other things.

also, even if a city does stop supporting their team, there will still be fans who are supporting the team and will be the ones who are hurt if the team moves.people keep pointing at the declining attendance numbers here when they said seattle stopped supporting the team but there were still some people showing up.it sucks all around but this is the way the nba is operating now

out of the choices idgo with either memphis or indiana solely because of age, however too bad would couldnt get the hornets

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

Originally Posted by ExileUE

but like thenewone said, the hornets have also been mentioned a few times. cp3 in seattle would be awesome. plus since okc wanted the hornets so bad before it'd be a nice little slap in the face
co-sign on everything said.. esp the "slap in the face" part
laugh.gif

funny!
roll.gif

Memphis, and I've read that they are the most realistic possibility because memphis is a money hole and they're losing dollars by the day

Back
Top Bottom