White Cement IV Returning Spring/Summer 2025

tumblr_inline_nwu263wBXK1r720iz_500-3554515042.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps it should be more like...
Birdman.gif

Not really into 4s like that aside from a few exceptions.... This is one of the few exceptions, might be a double up for me honestly.

I don’t understand how these are gonna be $225 but the bred 1’s are gonna be $250…

And guess what I’m PASSING on those ones because of the price and buying 2 possibly 3 of these with no hesitation. You’re right they missed the ship on the 1 hype they been having cornballs running the business tho so I’m not surprised at the cash grab

Black/Reds are the most hyped up Jordan of all time, both internally and by the public. It has nothing to do with the cost of making the shoes and all about how much they think people will pay for them.
Exactly, the cost hasn’t mattered in years which is why they will sell you an air penny 1 for 160-170 that retailed in ‘95 for $140, yet sell you an AJ XI that dropped at the same time for a lesser price of $125 for an outrageous price of $230 in 2024. They just know that people will pay for the XI.

Black/Reds are the most hyped up Jordan of all time, both internally and by the public. It has nothing to do with the cost of making the shoes and all about how much they think people will pay for them.
Ding. Ding. Ding. I’ve said this here for years. The only reason they don’t charge more—aka straight up resale prices—is that there aren’t enough people willing or able to pay $400-$500+ at retail for Nike/JB to move the quantity of pairs it wants to move. It’s literally that simple. There’s literally nothing else to discuss on this :lol:

The only reason they don’t charge more—aka straight up resale prices—is that there aren’t enough people willing or able to pay $400-$500+ at retail for Nike/JB to move the quantity of pairs it wants to move.

True. But wouldn’t Nike/JB make the same amount of money in the end by simply charging say $150 instead of $250 so that they can move a lot more pairs because a lot more people would be willing/able to buy it at the cheaper price?

(rhetorical question… I know the answer but I want to see if anyone else here is brave enough to say it LMAO)

I was under the impression that cost dictated price. Which was why foams or shoes with foampostie technology are so high at retail. Or any shoe with more expensive tech in general usually is a lil higher. Obviously that's not gonna be the case going forward, but that's news to me.

I don’t understand how these are gonna be $225 but the bred 1’s are gonna be $250…

You don't recall in all these threads where people would say, I'd pay more, I'd pay $300, blah blah blah for a sneaker done right?

Blame the people who used to do that nonsense :lol: Let's give them a special box as an incentive and to differentiate.

So we get OG. Then here comes the 85 cut. Dudes used to be happy to wear the 2001's which didn't have the correct swoosh and were basically a mid. They try and make you want and long for the next thing, and **** on what you had previously. When nobody is staring at your feet long enough to know what year you're wearing.

Exactly, the cost hasn’t mattered in years which is why they will sell you an air penny 1 for 160-170 that retailed in ‘95 for $140, yet sell you an AJ XI that dropped at the same time for a lesser price of $125 for an outrageous price of $230 in 2024. They just know that people will pay for the XI.

It's why in the middle of dunks being popular all of a sudden they raised the prices

You don't recall in all these threads where people would say, I'd pay more, I'd pay $300, blah blah blah for a sneaker done right?

Blame the people who used to do that nonsense :lol: Let's give them a special box as an incentive and to differentiate.

So we get OG. Then here comes the 85 cut. Dudes used to be happy to wear the 2001's which didn't have the correct swoosh and were basically a mid. They try and make you want and long for the next thing, and **** on what you had previously. When nobody is staring at your feet long enough to know what year you're wearing.
THIS. Been saying for years NT been their research for setting prices based off of goofy posts about what folks are willing to pay.

I was contemplating getting my 99 pair sole swapped because the uppers are pristine with no yellowing on the netting. With these confirmed for next year, doesn’t look like I will need to.

True. But wouldn’t Nike/JB make the same amount of money in the end by simply charging say $150 instead of $250 so that they can move a lot more pairs because a lot more people would be willing/able to buy it at the cheaper price?

(rhetorical question… I know the answer but I want to see if anyone else here is brave enough to say it LMAO)

Brave enough to say what? That they don't want to put twice as many pairs into the market because it waters down a shoe's appeal/makes it get played out quicker? That could obviously be one of several reasons. On top of that, making twice as many pairs also requires more logistics, more factory time or more factories, more materials, more shipping containers/overseas shipments, etc. I promise you, this pricing is not set on a whim. Multibillion-dollar companies are data driven, to say the least. I am more than confident Nike has enough data that tell it what it can likely charge for a shoe and still move a large percentage (what they call sell through) or even all of the inventory at MSRP.

I was under the impression that cost dictated price. Which was why foams or shoes with foamposite technology are so high at retail. Or any shoe with more expensive tech in general usually is a lil higher. Obviously that's not gonna be the case going forward, but that's news to me.

Of course the R&D and manufacturing costs (and sometimes marketing cost) influence what a product is priced at. But there are certain products whose status and popularity etc. mean their pricing goes beyond those factors. That's what we're talking about here, and why an Air Jordan 1 is about to cost notably more than a modern Nike basketball shoe that's loaded with all of the company's performance tech. And none of this is new from a pricing strategy standpoint, it's just a new all-time high price for the AJ1. Plenty of Jordan retros using old tech have been priced more than new shoes using new tech for years now. Why do you think XIs have been priced higher than a lot of other shoes for years now? You think a shoe made from nylon mesh, cheap/thin patent leather, and using a skinny little air bag and a piece of (is it even real?) carbon fiber is really "worth" $220 because of what it costs to manufacture? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom