Whitney Houston died Vol. 48

This is sad man...
frown.gif

Moms upset right now too
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

ServeChilled81 wrote:

No disrespect, but please get off Beyonces nuts... that goes to everybody with this whole.. "Beyonce should tribute" b.s. there are so many other more talented people who could do a much better job.   

indifferent.gif

I can't even say I'm a Beyonce fan, but I won't pretend like she isn't one of the most talented artist going today.  More talented singers right now?  That's highly debatable.

A tribute by her would be supremely fitting because of the similarities in their careers and types of music.  There's not need to act like Beyonce 

isn't as talented as she is simply because she's so popular and you might be sick of her or whatever

either way, let's not turn this into another Beyonce thread...

indifferent.gif
 Because she's not. That is sir, YOUR opionion. I'll stand by what I said, being a Beyonce stand for the sake of being a Beyonce stan is your choice though. Acting as if Beyonce is the know all end all for tributes is silly though, esp considering there is almost no correlation between her and Whitney. Please EXPLAIN to me the similarities in there careers because THERE ARE NONE. Hell Chaka Khan would be a hell of alot more beneficial than your suggestion based off her relationship with Whitney alone. I'll end with this, There is no reason to relate Beyonce's talent with Whitneys (she could never be as talented) simply because of her popularity in todays world.

and that's your opinion... where did I say she was the end all for tributes?  
I happen to think that she is, today, one of the most closely related singers in terms of style to Whitney Houston, considering what we
have to choose from in terms of  pop stars these days.  

You don't agree, fine, we can end it here so to not derail the thread...

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

People dropping theories already about the movie Sparkle being cursed. Aaliyah apparently was casted to do it back in 2000... now Whitney?

Eh'

fyi: Jordin Sparks & Cee-Lo are also associated with the remake.
More info on this?

What this thread has become is why I love NT so much.  We are all so infatuated with comparisons and eventually forget about the individual.

23ska909red02 wrote:
Jesus H Christ, there's quite a few dudes willing to be 'that guy'; not 'that dude', but 'that guy'. Just showing your #!% for no good, cotdamn reason.
laugh.gif
Jetpacunlimited:
No disrespect, but please get off Beyonces nuts... that goes to everybody with this whole.. "Beyonce should tribute" b.s. there are so many other more talented people who could do a much better job.   
I'll just speak for myself, and I'm pretty sure others who want a Beyoncé tribute agree with what I'm about to say: I'm not saying a Beyoncé tribute is fitting because she's the most talented. I'm saying, Whitney was an iconic, black, female R&B singer with PIPES. Who else fits that description? Because anyone who fits that description, I would also nominate them for a tribute. That's where I was coming from.

Your thinking of the relevance of today. Sure the most POPULAR choice would be Beyonce, but what does she have to do with Whitney as the person? They have almost nothing in common is what im saying, why not get someone from that Era of music with more iconic relevance who knew the lady BEHIND the music. Not just Jay Z's wife who NT is so damn obsessed with.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

She just finished filming the remake of Sparkle...I don't know when it will come out though

Scheduled to come out August 17, 2012...

23ska909red02 wrote:
Jesus H Christ, there's quite a few dudes willing to be 'that guy'; not 'that dude', but 'that guy'. Just showing your #!% for no good, cotdamn reason.
laugh.gif
Jetpacunlimited:
I'll just speak for myself, and I'm pretty sure others who want a Beyoncé tribute agree with what I'm about to say: I'm not saying a Beyoncé tribute is fitting because she's the most talented. I'm saying, Whitney was an iconic, black, female R&B singer with PIPES. Who else fits that description? Because anyone who fits that description, I would also nominate them for a tribute. That's where I was coming from.

Your thinking of the relevance of today. Sure the most POPULAR choice would be Beyonce, but what does she have to do with Whitney as the person? They have almost nothing in common is what im saying, why not get someone from that Era of music with more iconic relevance who knew the lady BEHIND the music. Not just Jay Z's wife who NT is so damn obsessed with.
but we are talking about a musical tribute, why does there need to be any other connection?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

People dropping theories already about the movie Sparkle being cursed. Aaliyah apparently was casted to do it back in 2000... now Whitney?

Eh'

fyi: Jordin Sparks & Cee-Lo are also associated with the remake.
More info on this?
Not jumping to any conclusions on this one.. but SAY WORD? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

She just finished filming the remake of Sparkle...I don't know when it will come out though
Lowkey...Whitney was bad...not to mention she was 48

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Bobby Brown is said to be beating himself up because she's gone...

I kind of feel bad for him...having to live for the rest of your life knowing you indirectly killed her in the back of your mind, cannot be fun

Originally Posted by BronLe

I kind of feel bad for him...having to live for the rest of your life knowing you indirectly killed her in the back of your mind, cannot be fun
Actually Whitney was more wild than people knew. She introduced him to a different lifestyle. Sad though.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

23ska909red02 wrote:
laugh.gif

but we are talking about a musical tribute, why does there need to be any other connection?

Say your the #1 rapper in the world, and you basically changed the game for EVERY rapper after you. When you pass... who would you want tributing to your memory... The artest who knew you best, work with you the most, or the most popular act of that time? Just a question. and I do agree with you as there is no "need" for a connection.

I don't get why people are blaming him. It's not like Whitney was some non-consenting starry eyed virgin minor when they got together.  

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Actually Whitney was more wild than people knew. She introduced him to a different lifestyle. Sad though.
tired.gif
Beat me to it. She was wild before Bobby, she just had pr covering her.

It would be crazy if Beyonce made her post baby return to the stage in a somber Whitney tribute a the 
Grammys

indifferent.gif

I can't even say I'm a Beyonce fan, but I won't pretend like she isn't one of the most talented artist going today.  More talented singers right now?  That's highly debatable.

A tribute by her would be supremely fitting because of the similarities in their careers and types of music.  There's not need to act like Beyonce 

isn't as talented as she is simply because she's so popular and you might be sick of her or whatever

either way, let's not turn this into another Beyonce thread...
QUE? 

Anyways, my preference would be to see Mariah do her Whitney thang but carry on.

were gonna be hearing about some sort of scandal for the next month like when mj died . For real RIP tho

Why do people buy into the whole, 'Bobby made her do it" angle? What do we know? Nothing. How do we know it wasn't the other way around? Come on yall.

Bobby Brown has NOTHING to do with this. Why are people saying this? So others are responsible for your bad habits/actions? Yeah ok 
indifferent.gif

Alright, I'm going to break this down real quick, just for the hell of it.

A celebrity dies.

There WILL be:
– people who were diehard fans before the death, never clowned the celebrity, and are now paying respects , feeling sad
– people who were mediocre fans before the death, sometimes clowned the celebrity, and are now paying respects, feeling sad
– people who couldn't care one way or the other about the celebrity, cosigned all the jokes, and are now putting all the jokes aside and just paying respects, kind of sad
– people who couldn't care one way or the other about the celebrity, cosigned all the jokes, and are now fronting like they were a fan before, faking sadness
– people who didn't like the celebrity, always clowned the celebrity, and are now fronting like they were a fan before, faking sadness

Now, how the hell are you going to prove which description fits every person that has something to say about Whitney? You can't, so just say what you got to say about her, and keep it moving. Feel me?

And if, out of respect for her, you wanted to wait a little while and make a thread about who the real fans were, come on, be real. You know damn well you are not going to get any sort of honesty out of that.
laugh.gif
Bottom line: there's no way for you to prove which description a person falls under, and we all know that there is a ton of those last 3 descriptions, but why waste your energy trying to prove who's who, when it can't be done?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't get why people are blaming him. It's not like Whitney was some non-consenting starry eyed virgin minor when they got together.  

Come on dude, my comment was obviously a joke. 'Beating himself up now because she's gone...'

Back
Top Bottom